Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 12:00 12/25/2017 [Game #33]

Our offense is too panicked at times. Philly finding it way too easy to get into our passing lanes. Down 8 with a little over a minute to go. 5 second violation on this last inbounds is embarrassing.

Philly giving us chances here with some stupid plays, but we can?t hit free throws and we?re almost out of time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Merry Christmas KO Members ..
Just getting to the game in the final minutes of the game .. we committing to many turnovers late in the game WTH

tiger0330

Legend
Haven't been able to watch except for a few minutes here and there but looks like they're wasting a monster game by Kanter. They had a chance for a 4pt play after CLee 3 but KP missed his FT.

Philly is much better than their record when everyone is healthy. Embiid and Reddick both playing today was an obvious difference maker. Losses like this wouldn?t be such a big deal for us if we weren?t so bad on the road.

tiger0330

Legend
The front court did their work but Jack, Frank and Baker were a combined 2-17. We took 94 shots to the Sixers 83, we let this one get away.

Broadway

All Star
Haven't been able to watch except for a few minutes here and there but looks like they're wasting a monster game by Kanter. They had a chance for a 4pt play after CLee 3 but KP missed his FT.

I watched this whole game and feel like typing a Finals Paper on it. So much visually that happened today but I'll try and keep it short

#kporzee - One of the few games where he wasn't offensively fluid but showed great presence, especially defensively. This is what I want to see more of from him. He was great in almost every area of defense, transition D, help D, interior D, man D. Not sure what going on with him and the FT line today

Lee - He's solid and has been all yr. Hit timely 3s and played respectable half court D. Before THJR gets back and into a groove we have to look to move Lee to create flexibility in the future. I hope we don't realize this before it's too late. He's probably never played better

Knits - He's getting more comfortable offensively but my is he regressing from a Point Guard standpoint...very sloppy and court awareness especially when defensive pressure is applied to him is downright awful

Beasley - Is what he is, he's kind of a wasted resource paying behind #kporzee he had some okay moments

Kanter - He's going to get paid, it's as simple as that either by us or someone else. He was manly today on both ends. For a guy who doesn't have a reputation to play D, he did today. Impressive and no debatin was our MVP today. He made things real difficult for Embiid, made him look mortal and at times clumsy

Ben Simmons is falling off a little more than expected, wonder if he's hitting that rookie wall. T.J. Mconnell had the biggest impact on today's game. I hope mgmt sees what I see in this team at this point but they probably don't based on Perry's comments a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

I missed all of the game too ..
Kanter had a great game 31 pts 23 rbs over Embiid 25 pts 16 rbs .. Lee poor defense couldn't stop Reddick 24 pts .. I was hoping coach Horn would have put Jack n Frank in the same lineup vs Philly rookie Point Forward Simmons in the 4th quarter

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22

tiger0330

Legend
I watched this whole game and feel like typing a Finals Paper on it. So much visually that happened today but I'll try and keep it short

#kporzee - One of the few games where he wasn't offensively fluid but showed great presence, especially defensively. This is what I want to see more of from him. He was great in almost every area of defense, transition D, help D, interior D, man D. Not sure what going on with him and the FT line today

Lee - He's solid and has been all yr. Hit timely 3s and played respectable half court D. Before THJR gets back and into a groove we have to look to move Lee to create flexibility in the future. I hope we don't realize this before it's too late. He's probably never played better

Knits - He's getting more comfortable offensively but my is he regressing from a Point Guard standpoint...very sloppy and court awareness especially when defensive pressure is applied to him is downright awful

Beasley - Is what he is, he's kind of a wasted resource paying behind #kporzee he had some okay moments

Kanter - He's going to get paid, it's as simple as that either by us or someone else. He was manly today on both ends. For a guy who doesn't have a reputation to play D, he did today. Impressive and no debatin was our MVP today. He made things real difficult for Embiid, made him look mortal and at times clumsy

Ben Simmons is falling off a little more than expected, wonder if he's hitting that rookie wall. T.J. Mconnell had the biggest impact on today's game. I hope mgmt sees what I see in this team at this point but they probably don't based on Perry's comments a couple weeks ago.
Nice post and breakdown of the game B.

tiger0330

Legend
One year ago today the Celtics beat us 119-114 to make the Knicks record 16-14. Today the Sixers defeat us 105-98 to make us 17-16.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's Christmas and they didn't get blown out. It's all good everybody. Who knows what they ate today. I sure aint gonna eat the healthiest today. First meal of the day for me was pancakes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .... Thanks for the Game Stats sheet ..
The 76ers beat us using 3 PG in their rotation .. Simmons for 33 min .. McConnel for 29 min .. and Bayless for 24 min .. Phillys 3 PG rotation gave the 76ers a better shooting percentage than the Knicks all across the board .. coach Horn showed on Christmas day that he is still a poor developer of our young core players

mafra

Legend
You?re not gonna win many games when you don?t hit your first 3-point shot until the third quarter, when you get awful PG play, and then miss 10 FT attempts. Sure, the refs didn?t help matters.

If it weren?t for that choke job in DET on Friday, and the fact that we now we go on a long road trip, and have 31 of the remaining 51 games away from MSG, this loss wouldn?t feel like ?The Turning Point?, for this 2017-2018 season.

But, as it is, with the reality of what?s coming.... being a jaded NYK fan.... we all know what to expect the next 5 weeks. We?ll enter Feb 5 games under .500 and it?ll be one disappointing loss piled on another until we enter March... when we see a string of meaningless games, as we jostle for lottery seeding.

Like most seasons, it was a fun 2 months. But... in all likelihood, we?ve hit the high water mark beating BOS.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You’re not gonna win many games when you don’t hit your first 3-point shot until the third quarter, when you get awful PG play, and then miss 10 FT attempts. Sure, the refs didn’t help matters.

If it weren’t for that choke job in DET on Friday, and the fact that we now we go on a long road trip, and have 31 of the remaining 51 games away from MSG, this loss wouldn’t feel like “The Turning Point”, for this 2017-2018 season.

But, as it is, with the reality of what’s coming.... being a jaded NYK fan.... we all know what to expect the next 5 weeks. We’ll enter Feb 5 games under .500 and it’ll be one disappointing loss piled on another until we enter March... when we see a string of meaningless games, as we jostle for lottery seeding.

Like most seasons, it was a fun 2 months. But... in all likelihood, we’ve hit the high water mark beating BOS.
Have some chocolate chip biscottis and eggnog on me.

Kiyaman

Legend
You?re not gonna win many games when you don?t hit your first 3-point shot until the third quarter, when you get awful PG play, and then miss 10 FT attempts. Sure, the refs didn?t help matters.

If it weren?t for that choke job in DET on Friday, and the fact that we now we go on a long road trip, and have 31 of the remaining 51 games away from MSG, this loss wouldn?t feel like ?The Turning Point?, for this 2017-2018 season.

But, as it is, with the reality of what?s coming.... being a jaded NYK fan.... we all know what to expect the next 5 weeks. We?ll enter Feb 5 games under .500 and it?ll be one disappointing loss piled on another until we enter March... when we see a string of meaningless games, as we jostle for lottery seeding.

Like most seasons, it was a fun 2 months. But... in all likelihood, we?ve hit the high water mark beating BOS.

SO TRUE .. for the past Melo-Knicks .. im hoping having Vets Kanter Noah Quinn n Jack Lee we make a strong turn around on our "31" Road Games around the END of January 2018. I'm hoping we do a 360 turn around on our past road record having our coaching staff n veteran players build up a team-confidence in our young core players KP THJr McDerm Beasley Baker Frank .. to go 14-17 on our road games

Kiyaman

Legend
Why didn't we get the 5 pm game on Christmas ???

Wizards Wall n Beal vs
Celtricks Kyrie n Brown
Funny .. last year Celtricks Isiaah n Bradley won the series over the Wizards backcourt lol

tiger0330

Legend
You’re not gonna win many games when you don’t hit your first 3-point shot until the third quarter, when you get awful PG play, and then miss 10 FT attempts. Sure, the refs didn’t help matters.

If it weren’t for that choke job in DET on Friday, and the fact that we now we go on a long road trip, and have 31 of the remaining 51 games away from MSG, this loss wouldn’t feel like “The Turning Point”, for this 2017-2018 season.

But, as it is, with the reality of what’s coming.... being a jaded NYK fan.... we all know what to expect the next 5 weeks. We’ll enter Feb 5 games under .500 and it’ll be one disappointing loss piled on another until we enter March... when we see a string of meaningless games, as we jostle for lottery seeding.

Like most seasons, it was a fun 2 months. But... in all likelihood, we’ve hit the high water mark beating BOS.

Pisses me off they had winnable games in DET and today but couldn't pull out the W. Monster game by Kanter and KP looks like he was blocking everything. CLee trying to fill Tims shoes while hes out, maybe a month down the road having him as a scoring threat along with Tim will win us some games on the road. This team just seems better than last year or maybe its just me.