Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors 7:30pm 4/10/2016

Broadway

All Star
For the record if we go back and look at Grant's 15+min games he's been fairly productive in them. He went into a forced start situation and all of a sudden the bandwagon train picks up 5gms counting down the end of season. Changed Circumstances don't change the narrative

Kiyaman

Legend
Spurs coach Pop pissed me off tonite ....
I know KO members may not like this .. Phil Jackson coached this 2015-16 season to LOSE games!
I mention it all last season, and I will mention it again .. Early doesn't have NBA skills or talent, he belong in the D.League.
i thought it was coach Fisher experimenting with different rotation and lineups night after night, but after watching our previous last 9 games, im positive it was Phil Jackson or ISO-Melo selecting the different players for each game rotation this season, to be LOSERS again!!!

mafra

Legend
Just funny how we avoided playing the "kids" and went with the vets bc "they gave us best chance to win." Yet, we are a 50-loss team anyway, despite that short-sighted philosophy.

This is why Stan VG scuffed at idea NYK were a young team... Not when JC and AA and Melo were starters.

So, yeah... We wasted a year to groom Grant and live with his rookie mistakes hoping that pays dividends next year.... Especially bc of this complicated triangle offense.

With that said... How's it possible that Grant plays nearly 40 minutes and has 1 assist?

tiger0330

Legend
Just funny how we avoided playing the "kids" and went with the vets bc "they gave us best chance to win." Yet, we are a 50-loss team anyway, despite that short-sighted philosophy.

This is why Stan VG scuffed at idea NYK were a young team... Not when JC and AA and Melo were starters.

So, yeah... We wasted a year to groom Grant and live with his rookie mistakes hoping that pays dividends next year.... Especially bc of this complicated triangle offense.

With that said... How's it possible that Grant plays nearly 40 minutes and has 1 assist?
He may wind up to be a Tyreke Evans in a SG role. Haven't seen he can run a team yet, him and Wroten are going to have the opportunity to take JC starting PG position next season so he better hone his playmaking skills this summer and in the preseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
He should have started Day 1 this season as I clearly stated we traded for him. We've attempted to trade Calderon at least 3 times already since acquiring him. Calderon was never a long term solution and never played well enough to justify he absolutely had to be a starter. Grant should have logged several minutes with #kporzee...they are our future. Instead we played Calderon as if he seriously factored whether we had a shot to make the playoffs. LOL the lunatic-like operations so comical

We just threw away a whole rookie season from a player who'll turn 24 to start next yr. Just disgusting and wreckless on all levels, I really hate pretty much everything thing we do as a franchise. Brett Brown also spoke of Wroten as being Lebron Lite, which means he must have point guard instincts so how will he factor? Will we pursue someone in Free Agency?

So True .... next season Gallo Grant n Wroten should be used as Combo-Guards that will need Phil to add two veteran PG on the roster in the offseason (Afflalo n Calderon has to go).

For the record if we go back and look at Grant's 15+min games he's been fairly productive in them. He went into a forced start situation and all of a sudden the bandwagon train picks up 5gms counting down the end of season. Changed Circumstances don't change the narrative

No, it's true. You have advocated for a long time to start Grant. In January, when we were still a 0.500 team, it seemed premature to go to Grant, but when things fell apart, we waited way too long to get him going. Reports seem to indicate Fisher was the biggest factor in opposing Grant's playing time, but Rambis was slow to go to Grant also. Given the end result of this season, it seems silly how little Grant played this year. We literally had nothing to lose with him.

Broadway

All Star

I never bought this. Every franchise wants to pour a fresh pitcher of Kool-Aid at the start of every season and if we aren't careful as fans to look at things objectively that Kool-Aid will go down as Fool-Aid. To be honest Shved probably ran the triangle better than Calderon. Where's this guy playing these days? Europe? Kicking it with Marbury in China?

Now you have Rambis going public saying last yr's team, the 17 win team was a throw away season team. Oh you mean the team Phil said should have been a playoff team to start the season? Rambis continues saying this yr's team was the first true season of evaluating the process and showed pieces continuing to be added will eventually produce the culture desired. Oh you mean the team Fisher said should see a 25gm win improvement from the 17 win team?

Fellas this is atypical end of season loser bibble babble speak and with Rambis bumpin his gums quite a bit of late it just shows us how comfortable he's getting in these neck of the woods. Dude is feeling himself, he must know he's getting 5yrs $25mil this summer too...lol

Tig is right ~ "the rest of us, well the homers that is to say better get real comfortable HE GOT NEXT"... I won't be

Broadway

All Star
He may wind up to be a Tyreke Evans in a SG role. Haven't seen he can run a team yet, him and Wroten are going to have the opportunity to take JC starting PG position next season so he better hone his playmaking skills this summer and in the preseason.

Definitely would like to see improvement here but maybe he'd be running offense and distributing the rock better had he played 15+ every night since game 1 of 2015-2016.

OTOH Calderon sure is light yrs ahead of him dropping a gaudy 4.1ast/gm. Grant has some near insurmountable shoes to fill there