Game Thread: NY Knicks@Dallas Mavericks (11/26/2014)

tiger0330

Legend
Played a great 4 quarters and then got ripped apart in that OT. If we could play like we did in regulation every night, we would have a chance of being a borderline 0.500 team from here on out, only problem is that we don't seem to have anyone on this roster who knows how to win a game.
Stat is supposed to be that guy. Dirk is amazing, he's been doing it year after year. Wish I could say the same for Stat.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well u have to agree the Knicks performance as a team were 100 times better the last two games WITHOUT $124M Franchise Melo.
u also have to agree the Knicks had a very close chance of winning both games if Fisher didnt give JR the green-light to shoot shoot shoot the final 3 minutes of the game. I actually would rather have THJ or Wear instead of JR in crunchtime minutes.
The Loss goes to Fisher.

Kiyaman

Legend
Played a great 4 quarters and then got ripped apart in that OT. If we could play like we did in regulation every night, we would have a chance of being a borderline 0.500 team from here on out, only problem is that we don't seem to have anyone on this roster who knows how to win a game.

When u got Melo or JR taking practically all the shots in the last 6 minute of each game there is no way we could be a 500 team.
Stop forgetting Andre Miller, Iverson, and Billups did not let that happen in Denver, which made Denver a winning team.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
After tonights game I don't want to hear again about all these other players are awful besides Melo.You all seen tonight just how good this team could be if Melo would drop the ego and share the ball.Even though we lost tonight I couldn't remember watching a more exciting and entertaining game.I loved the ball movement,the hustle,defense in other words everything.The only reason we lost was b/c JR Smith thought he he was melo and shot every shot like he always does.I think they are brothers!!

mafra

Legend
Well u have to agree the Knicks performance as a team were 100 times better the last two games WITHOUT $124M Franchise Melo.
u also have to agree the Knicks had a very close chance of winning both games if Fisher didnt give JR the green-light to shoot shoot shoot the final 3 minutes of the game. I actually would rather have THJ or Wear instead of JR in crunchtime minutes.
The Loss goes to Fisher.

To be fair, the last 2 games are just the 2nd and 3rd games we've had a PG... It's clear, Melo (like most front court players, if not all) need a quality PG to excel. When Melo had Billups in DeN he took team to Conf Finals. When Kidd was here, and Felton played well, Knicks were the 2 seed... This is why I had hopes for this season... A shame, bc this year just like last... Over before it started. Last year TC got hurt, this season Calderon missed the first few weeks.

LOL... Amare and JR with a combined 25 points and 14 turnovers. Classic. 14 of the team's 21 turnovers. Mavs played poorly, and we seemed to try... I was worried there for a moment, but you can always count on JR and Shump... God, those two are awful. Shump is a disgrace to the position... Hey has no offense. He makes Gerald Wilkens look like Dominque. And he simply has zero impact on the offensive end after the 2nd quarter. JR was so bad it's amazing he continues to get minutes.

Calderon and Priggs were on an island... Amare, Daly, JR, Shump... They lowered the ball, even for themselves. But, I thank them. We stole a loss from the jaws of victory and are a step loser to a top 5 pick.

Mavs were 4-31 from downtown. We should have been run out of the building... They just had an. Off night shooting. On top of that, Calderon-Priggs hit a bunch of threes.

We all realize the flaws Melo has. His article about wanting to be a tech tycoon made me vomit. But Lord... Shump-JR-Bargnani-Amare are the reason we stink. We don't have a starting NbA SG, or a C, and we just got our PG back. Lebrun wouldn't even win with these guys

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
10-16 vs 29-38

another game lost at the FT line... We were in the minus twenty range gain... And we missed nearly 40% of our attempts

skisloper

Starter
10-16 vs 29-38

another game lost at the FT line... We were in the minus twenty range gain... And we missed nearly 40% of our attempts

Lets hope Derrick Fisher is smarter then his Ego......Seems each coach thinks they can change JR or find the special buttons that turn JR into the player he can be..........The answer is they cant and by trying to do so it comes at the expense of the team and the system Fisher wants them to play in..............We are not winning with JR just bench him and be done.........Lets us lose with dignity without some moron just doing what he wants on the court.....loved Prigs and Calderon together......

SOMEONE please tell STAT he is not the new ISO man.....PASS THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
SOMEONE please tell STAT he is not the new ISO man.....PASS THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see some of his passes out of double teams.. ugly and the reason he kept the ball and turned it over himself.

For 24M he should be the go to guy if Melo is injured but he played like a raw rookie in the Dallas game.

skisloper

Starter
Did you see some of his passes out of double teams.. ugly and the reason he kept the ball and turned it over himself.

For 24M he should be the go to guy if Melo is injured but he played like a raw rookie in the Dallas game.

Stat gets the ball and waits 5 seconds before doing anything/////////////get the ball make a move or pass....considering he cannot ball handle its just pure stupidity..........
Then there is STAT playing defense and just never ever boxing out....he looks up and waits for the ball........
Losing is one thing but losing with such obvious mistakes is just not acceptable.

paris401

Starter
I think the year will turn around once the I'Talian gets healthy.. he's the missing link

Attachments

• mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    mister-softee-ice-cream-profile[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
  • th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0

skisloper

Starter
I think the year will turn around once the I'Talian gets healthy.. he's the missing link

At least with the Italian Stallion we were able to rid ourselves of a 1st round draft pick.....I mean who needs that

I do look forward to seeing for the F of it
Calderon
Shump
Melo
Bargani
Dalenmert