How good are we? What are the expectations?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Oh and as to the OP...I think right now if everyone can stay healthy we are a 5th seed, second rounder with the chance if things go our way of making a deep playoff run.

KingCharles34

All Star
I got the knicks as the 4th best team right now but it depends what happens with free agency and who the Celtics get, we could be 3rd

Heat
Bulls

Celtics
Knicks
Magic

I think the Heat and bulls got the top 2 spots on lock.

The Knicks, Celtics, and Magic will battle for the next 3 spots. The Pacers looked like a tough young team last year even though they got swept by the Bulls. They were very competitive...The Bucks can be tough if Bogut stays healthy. The Nets are a tough team off the strength of Dwill, hes one of the few players in the league that can make scrubs look decent. And of course theres the Hawks, they probably have the best chance of crackin the top 5. This post would be irrelevant if i dont mention Philly too, a very tough young team that nobody will enjoy playing next year. :lol: at the Cavs

But yea basically were a 2nd round team. The Celtics are on Larry Holmes watch, after KG averaged 14 and 9 last season and looked old against Miami in the playoffs, what effect will the busy schedule have on his old knees? And theres also Paul Pierce who turned 34 in October, age has to catch up with him soon. The C's are looking to sign Reggie Evans who I think would be a great signing for any team. They f*cked up when they didnt re-sign Tony Allen though, that dude knows how to lock down like a CO.....Ross

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i see us finishing in the 3-4 range were an upper echelon team we took huge strides last season and with the addition of Melo and a training camp and 2 quick preseason games we'll get chemistry for our stars by mid january and were gonna roll this season. im expecting 45-21 record.

Bulls
Heat
Knicks.

i really think we overtake the smeldicks this season. those first 2 games from the playoffs showed me something, that this team can be special and play with the best of em and hold their own. were gonna turn heads this season,.

Paul1355

All Star
We should be 3rd or 4th in the East

Pass the first round in the playoffs at the very least.

I think if we stayed healthy we could have forced a game 7 with Boston, they were vulnerable, we just got hit with injuries.

p0nder

Starter
I'd suspect we'll end up in 3rd or 4th as well. I got:

Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics
Magic

for the top 5 in the east.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
4th seed is a very possible scenario, Orlando will be affected by all the Howard rumors surrounding the team, Hawks have more depth but they are about to rebuild and won't be able to seal any higher seed than 6th, but Boston, if they acquire Paul they have 3rd seed guaranteed.

Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Knicks, Magic, Hawks...

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I cant believe anyone on here is talking conference finals smh....we didnt win a single playoff game (there was some questionble officiating but still) last yr, now ur saying were gonna win 8 to make the ECF? were not efficient enuff for that...its not even about overall scoring. We dont score well inside the 3pt line, we hav no chance to make the ECF

portega1968

El Cacique
I cant believe anyone on here is talking conference finals smh....we didnt win a single playoff game (there was some questionble officiating but still) last yr, now ur saying were gonna win 8 to make the ECF? were not efficient enuff for that...its not even about overall scoring. We dont score well inside the 3pt line, we hav no chance to make the ECF

with Tyson Chandler in the mix, I think we will reach Eastern Conference Finals against the Bulls.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
with Tyson Chandler in the mix, I think we will reach Eastern Conference Finals against the Bulls.

that's if he's as effective/motivated as he was with Dallas. Remember, there isn't a culture of toughness, smart play and hunger for winning in NYC as there was in Dallas. Not saying we can't get that but it's gonna take alot more than just "add Chandler and hope Shumpert is alot better than his draft slot".

Some one on here was saying "we'll win 40 games this season", we barely won 40 games with 82 chances to do so.....we're banking on alot of stuff that it's unlikely to happen....i'd say high expectations are a 2nd round exit, most likely losing in 6 or 7 in the first round......