How many of you Knick fans will receive Kobe with MVP chants @ MSG this Friday?

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I can admire other superstars and players when they are playing against other teams. But when that player is facing the Knicks, the gloves come off.

Take Tim Duncan for example. My favorite player for a long time now. He's a gentleman and a scholar.

But when the Spurs play the Knicks, Tim Duncan is an asshole and a bitch. He eats moldy cheese and his farts make Popovich's eyes water. His mother wears army boots and his dick is small. Also, his game is overrated and he's a bitch because he can't lead his team to victory because the guy can't talk. I also insinuate that he prefers the company of men... in bed.

Case in point, When Kobe comes to the Garden, anything less of calling him a rapist is unacceptable.

MVP chants? Really? Has the Garden gone mad? WHERE'S THE FIRE? WHERE"S SPIKE LEE TELLING REGGIE MILLER HE LOOKS LIKE DUMBO WITH DEM EARS?

Oh, does anyone remember when Kobe tried his hand at a Hip hop career? I do.

**** Kobe.
I feel the same way when it comes to Dwayne Wade. I LOVE D-Wade and admire him as a superstar in this league. However, in the Garden he's just the 3rd wheel bitch to Kobe and LeBron. He only won his championship because Shaq dominated the Eastern Conference and got lucky that Shaq had a matchup with Erik Dampier in the finals. He's a flaming homo that dresses like a lonely 16 year old.

I wouldn't chant MVP in the Garden for my boy Kobe, but I'd secretly give a little hoot for my man. Grew up in SoCal so I can't hate my roots.

bad product, bad fans. its typical. its like when the yankees go on the road other stadiums have their largest turn out due to the fact its the yankees. People want to see kobe, and Im talking about people who were never knicks fans, and became basketball fans because of players like kobe. you gotta realize 60 percent of people who know of the knicks arent old enough to recall the glory days, all they know is a decade of garbage in MSG. The majority of true fans watched the team before layden.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
bad product, bad fans. its typical. its like when the yankees go on the road other stadiums have their largest turn out due to the fact its the yankees. People want to see kobe, and Im talking about people who were never knicks fans, and became basketball fans because of players like kobe. you gotta realize 60 percent of people who know of the knicks arent old enough to recall the glory days, all they know is a decade of garbage in MSG. The majority of true fans watched the team before layden.

And you're name is referencing Derek Harper...the glory days.... I'm sure. I'm not going to "pay to see Kobe" because he's a superstar. Heck, I'm not going to pay at all. I don't want to see the Knicks play the Lakers yet because its tough watching the Knicks struggles these past few years. I grew up a Laker fan in Orange County so that's kind of garbage to bash people for wanting to see Kobe.

clumsy

Rotation player
yah that may be true that the garden isn't hostile anymore but i'm defintely going to the Thunder game to watch Durant. I want the Knicks to still win but i want him to drop 50+. He reminds me of McGrady in his prime with better shooting...but worse passing...straight up beast on offense.

johnstarky

Rotation player
He only won his championship because Shaq dominated the Eastern Conference and got lucky that Shaq had a matchup with Erik Dampier in the finals.

You forgot to mention the favorable calls that the referees would give him.The way the refs were giving him those calls made it appear as though the games were fixed in Miami's favor.Could you imagine the championships that Penny would have won with Shaq had the refs blown the whistle for him? I don't think Shaq moves to LA if he and Penny had won a championship with Orlando.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I don't see how anybody (even a Laker fan) can look up to someone as arrogant as Kobe Bryant and call him their role model.Wasn't this guy known as one of the biggest egoist and self centered players in the NBA a couple of years ago? Wasn't he the reason why Shaq and Phil Jackson left the Lakers after they had lost to the Pistons in the finals? Wasn't he about to get dumped to the Chicago Bulls 2 seasons ago because the Lakers were becoming tired of his selfish antics? Wasn't he known as the poor man's version of Michael Jordan? How did he all of a sudden become the greatest and most respected player of all time?

He won 4 championships with the help of Shaq and Gasol, big deal.He did most of his scoring by not passing the ball and throwing up a large amount of shots. He scored 81 points against a scrub team that made it a custom not to play defense that season.I'm not denying that he is one of the best players in the NBA today but I question people that enjoy worshiping this guy as though he were some kind of savior to the tragedy of living in this world.His attitude just doesn't cut it for me.I don't care if he were winning championships with the Knicks I still wouldn't praise him the way I would praise a less talented player with a more meek and humble attitude.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I don't see how anybody (even a Laker fan) can look up to someone as arrogant as Kobe Bryant and call him their role model.Wasn't this guy known as one of the biggest egoist and self centered players in the NBA a couple of years ago? Wasn't he the reason why Shaq and Phil Jackson left the Lakers after they had lost to the Pistons in the finals? Wasn't he about to get dumped to the Chicago Bulls 2 seasons ago because the Lakers were becoming tired of his selfish antics? Wasn't he known as the poor man's version of Michael Jordan? How did he all of a sudden become the greatest and most respected player of all time?

He won 4 championships with the help of Shaq and Gasol, big deal.He did most of his scoring by not passing the ball and throwing up a large amount of shots. He scored 81 points against a scrub team that made it a custom not to play defense that season.I'm not denying that he is one of the best players in the NBA today but I question people that enjoy worshiping this guy as though he were some kind of savior to the tragedy of living in this world.His attitude just doesn't cut it for me.I don't care if he were winning championships with the Knicks I still wouldn't praise him the way I would praise a less talented player with a more meek and humble attitude.

Those are all valid points. Kobe had won with teams that had lots and lots of talent. But I think you are underestimating this guy's accomplishments. When the game's on the line, there is no better person to take the last shot than Kobe. To be honest, if we could get Kobe instead of one of 2010's max contract guys then I'd want Kobe. Kobe is the guy you want to be build a CHAMPIONSHIP team around. I'm a little biased because I take Kobe's side in the Kobe vs. LeBron battle, but I would rather have Kobe than LeBron if I'm trying to win in the NBA. I think Kobe is the best player in the NBA today. Not because he scores a lot of points. Not because he has 4 rings. Simply because the guy will find a way to win, and he does that better than any player in the history of the league aside from Jordan. And I don't think that debatable (even though I'm a bit biased growing up as a Laker fan). I see all your points as valid though. Kobe jacks up a lot of shots that are ridiculous and is an egomaniac. But in the end of the day, I just care what he does on the basketball court, and the guy delivers whenever his team, his city or his fans need him to and I can't knock the guy for that.