How would a Knicks team like this look next season?

First & foremost I'd like to state that I feel we can upset any team out of the East, but I'm just trying to enjoy 2010-2011 for whats it's worth; a chance to enjoy Knicks playoff basketball again. I can hope, but I really can't expect anything more than that. Just ready to focus on where the Knicks improve.

Offseason:

If Turiaf picks up his player option we trade him on draft night (saves 4M) to land Kenneth Faried around 12-15. Nations's leading rebounder. PF to backup Amare.

Let Billups 12M walk & sign one of either Jordan (9M) or Nene/Dalembert for much cheaper. First "true" Center since #33.

I'll just use DeAndre as an example. 3M saved from Billups to DJ. 4M saved from Turi - the cost to sign KF & we've saved some.

Bring back the aging veteran Carter to backup TD with Defense.

Let Shelden & JJ walk to sign Camby as a cheap FA to backup Jordan & Faried @ the C & PF positions.

Promote our D-League All-Star (Patrick Ewing Jr.) to see if he becomes another Douglas/Fields type of young addition.

C: Jordan / Camby / Faried
PF: Amare / Faried / Camby
SF: Carmelo / Shawne Williams / Bill Walker
SG: Fields / Bill Walker / Ewing Jr.
PG: Douglas / Carter

Not deep @ PG or SG but we could go BIG at times with...

C- Camby
PF- Jordan
SF- Amare
SG- Melo
PG- Douglas

No more days of lacking size with Jordan / Amare / Camby/ Faried.

No more lack of rebounding ability either & we all know Jordan, Amare & Camby can contest & block shots with the best of em.

When we have the lead, & trying to close out games under 5 mins we could go defense, defense & more defense with...

C- Camby
PF- Jordan
SF- Melo
SG- Douglas
PG- Carter

I would say start Fields @ SF but we would need a top 5 NBA scorer to better our offense with that rotation.

Thoughts on that mock offseason/team?

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly it hurts reading some of the things here...

DeAndre Jordan getting 9 million per... Yeah sadly since the league is so dry of young 7 footers that might actually happen. But he is so not worth it. Apart from the fact that we lack size I would really rather not pick up DJ and if we still have MDA as coach I can't see it happening since he would get so frustrated with him.

Camby also is not a free agent next season, and his contract is 9m so unless you want to trade for him forget about him.

Putting Dalembert/Jordan/Nene in the same sentence as Ewing is just wrong.

Nevertheless...

Getting Nene would be sick, since he already has plenty of Chemistry with Billups and Melo. You're pretty much taking the 2009 Nuggets who took LA to 7 games and replacing Kenyon Martin with Amare!

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Nene

Carter
Douglas
Turiaf
Shawn Williams
some draft pick

meh, it's not horrible but our bench sucks!

I always thought Camby was a future FA but it's only an idea. We could always keep JJ for cheap & instead of Camby who's not a FA land Shane Battier to backup Melo @ the SF position & give us great peremeter D with Battier & Fields + Douglas is also a strong defender.

I never compared Jordan, Nene or Dalembert to Ewing (my all-time favorite Knick) either. I simply made it known that NY would have our 1st "true C" since Ewing (Curry never worked out). Was that false info? How could you twist that into someone "comparing" a player to Ewing?

Also, I cant imagine us being able to keep Billups for 12M + signing Nene. Nene may not get paid Jordan type money but the talented Center is getting paid.

Also, how often do you watch DeAndre play? I watch this kid play all the time thanks to the NBA league pass & he's a rebounding athletic force. Can block shots too. Both Jordan & Griffin fight & compete for boards & DeAndre still puts up numbers. He's not even 24 years of age; he's an up & coming talented Center 4sure

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I may be wrong but hasn't Camby stated that he doesn't want to be traded and if it looked like it was going to happen then he would retire. Not because of the teams but because he doesn't want to move his family anymore.

STAT1

Starter
The only way we can get Camby is through a trade. The Knicks reportedly tried to trade for him at the deadline but couldn't get a deal done. Portland's GM isn't going to give him away for a package of role guys, they will want something substantial in return. As much as I would like to see him back in a Knicks uniform, I don't think it's gonna happen, at least not until he becomes a FA in 2012.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thought you might have been talking about Vince Carter at first lol.

I like Anthony Carter.

btw, Vince Carter as a back-up PG could be great. He's not hitting many shots lately, but his play making is still there when he gets the chance (which is not often).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I may be wrong but hasn't Camby stated that he doesn't want to be traded and if it looked like it was going to happen then he would retire. Not because of the teams but because he doesn't want to move his family anymore.
That might be the case, but you never know with players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Camby is not going to play for Dolan again
Blake Griffin will make sure DeAndre get resign
Nene is not leaving Denver
Dalembert will be more interested in Miami' offer

D.Wade will be knocking on Billups front door (if he havnt already)
when the Knicks dont pickup Billups option in the offseason.

Next Season.....
Amare & Carmelo need an experience veteran center bigman in their lineup.
The two-stars also need a high-scoring veteran SG in their lineup.
:gony:
P.S. To make Kobe & Shaq a winning postseason team coach Jax used
postseason experience veterans PG-Harper (had 3-rings), SF-Rick Fox,
and PF-Horry (had 2-Rings) in the starter/closer lineup.
Shaq & Kobe never played any defense untill coached by Phil Jackson...

For the last time! MOA DOES NOT WANT A BIG MAN.

Said it himself. There is no one out there that fits his scheme. Us fans know we need defense and rebounding, Walsh knows heck even Dolan knows, but MOA COULDNT CARE LESS...

MOA doesnt play the defense and rebounding we have now. Did you watch last nights game? Shawn Williams on SUPERMAN???

Please fellas wake up. This is a coach that didnt want the ORIGINAL SUPERMAN aka SHAQ...

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Um... If MDA "doesn't want a C" please explain why MDA tried playing Amare @ Center during his days with PHX, oh yeah, thats right; because he wants a Center; but he wants a C who can actually run the floor on both the offensive & defensive sides of the court. DeAndre is an athletic freak of nature & would fit our offense under MDA to a 'T'. MDA would love DeAndre.

Just not an aging, past his prime, used up Shaq after his prime years of playing with the Magic & Lakers. You do know why MDA was against that trade right? Because PHX lost the Matrix & other pieces & that trade DESTROYED PHX. That still never stopped MDA from starting Shaq every night though.

Who says Nene is "staying with DEN"? Link? The offseason is right around the corner & Nene has yet to sign an extension. lol @ the whole Griffin keeping DeAndre on the team. Melo + Amare + MSG + New York + playing for a serious playoff contender over Blake Griffin & "the Clippers" all day.

Um... If MDA "doesn't want a C" please explain why MDA tried playing Amare @ Center during his days with PHX, oh yeah, thats right; because he wants a Center; but he wants a C who can actually run the floor on both the offensive & defensive sides of the court. DeAndre is an athletic freak of nature & would fit our offense under MDA to a 'T'. MDA would love DeAndre.

I think you have this a$$ wackbards. He played him there because he DIDNT WANT A CENTER. Check last nights game. He has two centers. Think he'd use one on DH in the forth instead of Shawn Williams

Just not an aging, past his prime, used up Shaq after his prime years of playing with the Magic & Lakers. You do know why MDA was against that trade right? Because PHX lost the Matrix & other pieces & that trade DESTROYED PHX. That still never stopped MDA from starting Shaq every night though.

You mean the Shaq that got him 18 & 8? Say MOA does get his center for this team next year (I doubt it) do you think that center will get you 18 & 8?

Your protection of MOA is a fail.

Gotta go, Gotta go...

Do some of you even follow the NBA other than just the NY?

MIA can sign either Billups or Dalembert? Funny. MIA is in deep cap hell thanks to LeBron, Wade & Bosh. Yet, you actually think they can afford to sign either Billups or Dalembert? Have you not paid any attention to MIA's starting C, starting PG's or lack of any type of bench? None of that happend by choice. That franchise is in cap hell. Why'd they move Beasley? Exactly.

Also, stop trying to act as if MDA "doesn't want to win". He would have never had a career winning % of .650 with PHX if he "wanted to lose". He would have never led them to 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs with 54+ wins per year (2 with 60+). Would have never beat Kobe & LA twice during the playoffs, Dirk & the Mavs, swept the Grizz & beat LAC in 7. Yeah, he "wants to lose".

Also, if he's played a Russian project C (rookie), Turiaf, Amare, JJ (Natural PF's), Shelden & Shawne @ C... Stop lying & acting as if he wouldnt welcome Jordan, Nene, Gasol or Dalembert over those scrubs.

STAT1

Starter
Do some of you even follow the NBA other than just the NY?

MIA can sign either Billups or Dalembert? Funny. MIA is in deep cap hell thanks to LeBron, Wade & Bosh. Yet, you actually think they can afford to sign either Billups or Dalembert? Have you not paid any attention to MIA's starting C, starting PG's or lack of any type of bench? None of that happend by choice. That franchise is in cap hell. Why'd they move Beasley? Exactly.

Also, stop trying to act as if MDA "doesn't want to win". He would have never had a career winning % of .650 with PHX if he "wanted to lose". He would have never led them to 4 consecutive trips to the playoffs with 54+ wins per year (2 with 60+). Would have never beat Kobe & LA twice during the playoffs, Dirk & the Mavs, swept the Grizz & beat LAC in 7. Yeah, he "wants to lose".

Also, if he's played a Russian project C (rookie), Turiaf, Amare, JJ (Natural PF's), Shelden & Shawne @ C... Stop lying & acting as if he wouldnt welcome Jordan, Nene, Gasol or Dalembert over those scrubs.

D'Antoni is very unpredictable God only knows what he's looking for in a player. The mere fact we brought a no talent bench player like Jared Jeffries back for a 2nd stint in a Knicks uniform but he could never somehow find any minutes for a 21 yo kid with huge upside potential like AR pretty much speaks volumes. Crying over spilled milk won't change things but it continues to boggle the mind how he makes these kinds of choices & determines certain guys are capable of helping the team get better while others are not.

If MDA liked Deandre Jordan then he wouldve played Anthony Randolph.
Dunno both look like skinny 7footers with no shot to me.

Some of this MDA hate has you all looking like fools who are dumber than a box of rocks. Seriously. You all lack any type of insight when bashing MDA.

MDA may have been against that trade that ended up destroying PHX, but If MDA "hated Shaq", well guess what? Shaq would have NEVER put up those types of numbers because MDA would have kept his ass on the bench. He played Shaq as his starting C after his GM & owner made a horrid trade. That explains everything. He did what he was forced to do; & played his C to have a chance of winning.

Also, what two C's are you talking about? Both JJ & Turiaf are natural PF's, not "Centers" but I wouldn't expect you to know that when typing with pure hatred.

Walsh must be a pathetic GM because he loved the idea of MDA as his head coach after years of watching the success PHX enjoyed under MDA during the years of an extremely tough Western Conf.

You all are mad @ the wrong man. Try & run Walsh out of town, because as long as Walsh is GM; MDA is head coach: SO DEAL WITH IT.

STAT1

Starter
Some of this MDA hate has you all looking like fools who are dumber than a box of rocks. Seriously. You all lack any type of insight when bashing MDA.

MDA may have been against that trade that ended up destroying PHX, but If MDA "hated Shaq", well guess what? Shaq would have NEVER put up those types of numbers because MDA would have kept his ass on the bench. He played Shaq as his starting C after his GM & owner made a horrid trade. That explains everything. He did what he was forced to do; & played his C to have a chance of winning.

Also, what two C's are you talking about? Both JJ & Turiaf are natural PF's, not "Centers" but I wouldn't expect you to know that when typing with pure hatred.

Walsh must be a pathetic GM because he loved the idea of MDA as his head coach after years of watching the success PHX enjoyed under MDA during the years of an extremely tough Western Conf.

You all are mad @ the wrong man. Try & run Walsh out of town, because as long as Walsh is GM; MDA is head coach: SO DEAL WITH IT.

Posts like this where you have to resort to insulting everyone else that doesn't agree with your line of thinking does nothing to help you gain credibility on these forums. If you disagree with someone perhaps instead of saying "you people are dumb as rocks" why not present a sound & logical argument as to why you disagree & leave it at that?

Concerning Amare as a C, you had argued that coach MDA playing him at that position proves he's willing to play a natural C at the position. Not sure how you figure that enhances your argument at all when Amare is a natural PF. This is why people question whether or not this coach would favor playing a natural C at the C position because he has shown a penchant for favoring playing smaller lineups against bigger teams to suit his speedball style of offense better. This is not breaking news we're discussing here, these are well known facts even casual followers of the NBA know this. Calling people dumb or whatever else doesn't change the track record of this head coach when it comes to his personnel decisions & rotation patterns.

Who the hell was AR until now? How many times has AR been hurt in the past? Stop acting like MDA was the only coach who let Randolph sit the bench. Another good coach drafted AR & never gave him the time of day; but I'll let you all do some research & find out exactly which good coach that was.

Yes, MDA messed up & allowed AR to slip through the cracks but how can you blame him? MDA's been FORCED to not only play, but also start more players than any other coach during the past 3 years. MDA was forced to scrap & turn over entire rosters. 1 player slips through the cracks & you harp all over him? Hatred. What about all the players he did give chances to? You all refuse to credit him for that though! Pathetic.

Marbury
Nate
Duhon
Felton
Douglas
Billups
Crawford
Fields
Q.Rich
Gallo
Chandler
Walker
Shawne
Zack Randolph
Lee
Curry
Mozgov
Amare
Turiaf
Shelden
Jeffries
Mason has now earned PT.

22 players just to name a few.

How quickly you forget 3 of HIS guys were used to land a top 5 star. lol

STAT1

Starter
Who the hell was AR until now? How many times has AR been hurt in the past? Stop acting like MDA was the only coach who let Randolph sit the bench. Another good coach drafted AR & never gave him the time of day; but I'll let you all do some research & find out exactly which good coach that was.

Yes, MDA messed up & allowed AR to slip through the cracks but how can you blame him? MDA's been FORCED to not only play, but also start more players than any other coach during the past 3 years. MDA was forced to scrap & turn over entire rosters. 1 player slips through the cracks & you harp all over him? Hatred. What about all the players he did give chances to? You all refuse to credit him for that though! Pathetic.

Marbury
Nate
Duhon
Felton
Douglas
Billups
Crawford
Fields
Q.Rich
Gallo
Chandler
Walker
Shawne
Zack Randolph
Lee
Curry
Mozgov
Amare
Turiaf
Shelden
Jeffries
Mason has now earned PT.

22 players just to name a few.

How quickly you forget 3 of HIS guys were used to land a top 5 star. lol

Until now AR was a young 20 yo kid with tremendous upside he was widely regarded as a promising young talent I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, you speak as if a kid who put up some of the statlines AR has done in his short time in the NBA is some scrub. He clearly isn't as he so clearly proved tonight he's got some serious talent in that skinny body of his, you should spend some time watching him play & I don't say that in a sarcastic way I really mean it this kid has some serious game, whenever he's been given an appreciable amount of minutes in games he's pretty much delivered with some more than respectable statlines.

It's clear there's no debating with you your mind is set in stone that any criticism of this coach is a personal attack which is a little silly if you ask me but I'm not interested in engaging someone who's mind is closed to hearing an alternative point of view so probably best that I bow out now & not get into an exchange of immature insults & sarcastic barbs.