I would still be glad if the knicks missed the playoffs!

What would be our best scenario?

• Knicks make playoffs and lose in 1st round and Dantoni gets a second chance

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Knicks miss playoffs and Dantoni is for sure gone

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
i think if we fire him it has to be this offseason because if we wait till the middle of next year we will have to waste another year and amare will be 30 melo will be 28 and our window will start closing so i think we need to make a move either now or in the summer

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
i think if we fire him it has to be this offseason because if we wait till the middle of next year we will have to waste another year and amare will be 30 melo will be 28 and our window will start closing so i think we need to make a move either now or in the summer

I agree 100%

Our team will have a window of 3 years with Melo and hopefully a healthy Amare, we can't afford to waste one of them on a coach who only coaches half the floor. As bad as I want to see the Knicks make the playoffs you have to look at what's best for this team not just for this season, but for the next 3 seasons, and I (along with many others) don't think D'Antoni is what's best for this team.

Look at it like this, the Mets were an average team at best back in 2004 IIRC and they had a young stud in Scott Kazmir, who they traded because he wouldn't help them that year for a veteran pitcher (Victor Zambrano lol) to make a playoff push. Now ofcourse they still didn't make the playoffs, but even if they did they weren't going anywhere and they through their future away for that pathetic attempt at a playoff push.

So basicly I am saying do you want to risk the future for a possible playoff push this year, where it would take a pretty surprising upset to get out of the first round? Obviously they are diffrent scenarios, and we don't know for sure if they will fire MDA if we miss out, but hypotheticly speaking I would take missing the playoffs this year in exchange for a new coach that will be a better fit for this team, rather than wasting another year with MDA.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
I agree 100%

Our team will have a window of 3 years with Melo and hopefully a healthy Amare, we can't afford to waste one of them on a coach who only coaches half the floor. As bad as I want to see the Knicks make the playoffs you have to look at what's best for this team not just for this season, but for the next 3 seasons, and I (along with many others) don't think D'Antoni is what's best for this team.

Look at it like this, the Mets were an average team at best back in 2004 IIRC and they had a young stud in Scott Kazmir, who they traded because he wouldn't help them that year for a veteran pitcher (Victor Zambrano lol) to make a playoff push. Now ofcourse they still didn't make the playoffs, but even if they did they weren't going anywhere and they through their future away for that pathetic attempt at a playoff push.

So basicly I am saying do you want to risk the future for a possible playoff push this year, where it would take a pretty surprising upset to get out of the first round? Obviously they are diffrent scenarios, and we don't know for sure if they will fire MDA if we miss out, but hypotheticly speaking I would take missing the playoffs this year in exchange for a new coach that will be a better fit for this team, rather than wasting another year with MDA.

exactly, you and malik are right i didnt even know those 2 guys were that old, well i thought amare was the same age as melo so getting DANT out has to be even more urgent.

yea thats why alot of die hard fans are upset with dantoni, its not like we have time to waste and play his little waiting games, we need to win now thats why we paid to get as much talent on this team in the quickest amount of time because before we know it amare will be a spot up midrange shooter and wont be any good for a playoff push.we need to win right now.