If he cant BE Nash, GET NASH!

I was just thinking. the Suns are in rebuilding mode, Steve Nash is an expiring contract next year. You think at close to 40 years old he wants to waste his last years Rebuilding in Phionex??????? NO!

Ok if we make a trade for Melo this year, we still have SOME cap space coming off with Kelena Azabukie, Bill Walker and Wilson Chandler. that is about 8 million in cap space.

Now, we could Resign Wilson to a 5 year 5 million dollar deal, and pick up walker for minimum leaving us 3 million left in cap space. So i dont know if Nash would take that, or if we would have to work out some kind of sign and trade with Felton, but all im saying is we should sign Nash for Veterans Minimum for two years, i mean that would be like the D'Antoni Suns on Steroids!

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Wilson Chandler
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgov

B.
G Toney Douglas
C Ronny Turiaf

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I love Nash, but at his age, he could be one injury away from retirement. That scares the shit out of me...

p0nder

Starter
Nash won't take 3 mill. and he has stated that he wants to stay in phoenix. I'm a huge steve nash fan, but I don't see ANY way the knicks could acquire him.

Nash won't take 3 mill. and he has stated that he wants to stay in phoenix. I'm a huge steve nash fan, but I don't see ANY way the knicks could acquire him.
It would be tough but dont you think D'Antoni and Stat and Melo would be able to convince him? I mean that would be a championship team!

Nash is great, but that wont happen. It Kinda sucks that he went there because of Stat, just to later be abandoned. wish him well thou...but not against my Knicks.

Bmifsud

Rookie
I'd love to have a healthy Nash on the team, but I don't know if he'd be worth it at his age. Plus, there's no way in hell he would take $3 million.

iJoe

Rotation player
He already rejected NY when he was a free agent so screw him. I'm tired of teams using NY as leverage just to get bigger salaries.

I'm happy to wait and make a run at CP3 or DWill. Always trying to find shortcuts is what got us in this mess. I'm just happy that we're progressing.

knicksin60

Starter
I have no doubt that the Knicks will acquire Steve Nash and Ricky Rubio to play backup roles to CP3.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We have Felton and Douglas. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Nash in a Knicks jersey, but I'm fine with our PG situation now. Felton and Douglas bring offense and defense well. Nash's age is only a problem because those two might be able to hold a spot on our team a long time to come.

Paul1355

All Star
I was just thinking. the Suns are in rebuilding mode, Steve Nash is an expiring contract next year. You think at close to 40 years old he wants to waste his last years Rebuilding in Phionex??????? NO!

Ok if we make a trade for Melo this year, we still have SOME cap space coming off with Kelena Azabukie, Bill Walker and Wilson Chandler. that is about 8 million in cap space.

Now, we could Resign Wilson to a 5 year 5 million dollar deal, and pick up walker for minimum leaving us 3 million left in cap space. So i dont know if Nash would take that, or if we would have to work out some kind of sign and trade with Felton, but all im saying is we should sign Nash for Veterans Minimum for two years, i mean that would be like the D'Antoni Suns on Steroids!

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Wilson Chandler
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgov

B.
G Toney Douglas
C Ronny Turiaf

stop with this foolish thread...does Mike D suck so much that he can't have a winning season without Steve Nash?

Can Amare not be Amare without Steve Nash?

Do you realize how bad Nash is on defense? Terrible...Felton is good because he brings defense to the table which Nash lacks and Felton is ten years younger than Nash, ten years! I would rather have Dwight Howard than Shaq, why? Because Shaq has a few years left like Nash.

Felton will be fine, he is a scrappy player, perfect for NY.

Amare will learn to kick out more when he gets double teamed.

Chandler will continue to be the top candidate for sixth man of the year.

Gallo is the main problem, without his outside shooting, the offense has a harder time fooling an opposing defense because you always expect the pick and roll or drive since only Gallo and Walker have a good outside shot.

Again....keep Nash in Phoenix...we keep Felton until Chris Paul and Derron Williams are available.