Isiah Only Likes Three Players

nyk_nyk

All Star
It really makes no sense. Crawford isn't Carmelo or Kobe; he isn't CLUTCH. Has never made the playoffs and probably will most likely never will with the way he plays. Hitting 4-5 game winners in your career, but missing a 100 doesn't make you "clutch". How many times have Crawford shoot us out of games?

Ross is pretty quick,and Sasha is very athletic; Crawford doesn't even sprint, so his quickness is useless. He plays like a WNBA player. Chucking shots and playing with no contact.

Miller is better than Crawford and always has been. Shooting and rebounding primarily, having a size advantage on most SG. When Miller gets Crawford minutes, they have the same PPG, but Miller shoots a high percentage thus making him better.

Slightly better? Crawford is a TERRIBLE shooter, creating your shot doesn't mean shit if you can't make them. If Crawford went Iverson status 25-30 ppg on a lowFG%, its understandable. But Crawford can only average 17-20 ppg at BEST, under a offense that lets him does anything he wants. Imagine Crawford under a stable offense? He'll struggle to get 13 ppg.

Wrong on your statement.
Featuring Crawford = losing, just because Crawford is featured alot doesn't make him better than Parker and Brewer.

Crawford is a one dimensional chuck machine who's turnover prone, hates contact and hates playing defense. Starting him and give him 40 minutes a game is the fastest and easiest way to start a losing basketball team.

Brewer is MUCH more athletic than Crawford, have you even seen half of the guys on your list play? I doubt you watch the Memphis Grizzlies or Utah Jazz.

Ask yourself, would someone like Jerry Sloan accept Crawford on his team? Crawford would be crucified in the middle of Salt Lake City if he was on the Jazz. Parker starts because he plays defense and is one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA. Defense/3pt shooting >>> Jamal's circus routine.

Stop sucking his nuts, he's not that good. Isiah Thomas is the only guy in the NBA to give Jamal Crawford these kind of minutes. Heres another question I want you to answer; before we obtain Crawford, we made the playoffs. How successful were we when Crawford came here and became featured?
My point about Brewer and Parker not being featured as much was a point about the FG%. Jamal takes way more shots so most likely he'll have a lower FG% especially as a guard. How the hell do you figure JC is a terrible shooter?? If you wanna say streaky fine, but terrible is not the correct adjective to use. If he was a terrible shooter at his position he wouldn't be in the league.

Please man, there is no way you can justify Pavlovic and Ross.

Miller is a little taller, thats it. Has trouble creating his own shot, so is that what you really want out of your SG?

Sloan would accept Jamal on his team as long as he plays withinithe system, but make no mistake every team could use a SG that can break the defense down any day.

How is JC one demensional? He averages 4.5 assists as a SG which is considered good in this league. He's made plenty of guys look silly trying to guard him. Youtube some highlights for yourself and learn.

AND yes, i watch plenty of basketball games with NBA league pass.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawford has hit some amazing shots and brought us some W's. I think he is clutch, but I don't think he should start. Looking back to the beginning of this season, we lost a lot of games due to what some say is Crawford's bad shots selection and non existent defense. But Crawford can't be blamed for all of this. It all points to poor coaching. There isn't a player on the face of God's green earth that if you gave him the rock and told him to do what he wants wouldn't shoot or dunk. This is where coaching comes in. Brown had some major breakthroughs with Crawford. He was the most improved player that year. What happened? Was Larry Brown right?

Good post Donchris, I think his clutchness is overrated but other then that I agree with everything else. Crawford seemed to be the only player who didnt clash with LB and he shouldnt be blamed for all the losing this team has done. Isiah is the idiot givin Crawford over 40 minutes a game.

lol @ nyk_nyk suckin Crawfords nuts and gettin Deboed by Metro.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
My point about Brewer and Parker not being featured as much was a point about the FG%. Jamal takes way more shots so most likely he'll have a lower FG% especially as a guard. How the hell do you figure JC is a terrible shooter?? If you wanna say streaky fine, but terrible is not the correct adjective to use. If he was a terrible shooter at his position he wouldn't be in the league.

Please man, there is no way you can justify Pavlovic and Ross.

Miller is a little taller, thats it. Has trouble creating his own shot, so is that what you really want out of your SG?

Sloan would accept Jamal on his team as long as he plays withinithe system, but make no mistake every team could use a SG that can break the defense down any day.

How is JC one demensional? He averages 4.5 assists as a SG which is considered good in this league. He's made plenty of guys look silly trying to guard him. Youtube some highlights for yourself and learn.

AND yes, i watch plenty of basketball games with NBA league pass.

You settin yourself up to be Doboed again. Stop suckin Crawfords nuts and check out Crawfords shooting percentages.

nyk_nyk

All Star
You settin yourself up to be Doboed again. Stop suckin Crawfords nuts and check out Crawfords shooting percentages.
You sound real ignorant hater. You just agreed with donchris about IT giving JC too many minutes a game and then want to talk about his shooting percentage. If he's playing damn near the whole game and taking a bunch of shots in the process it's very hard to keep a real good FG% unless he's primarily scoring in the post. Sometimes people act like they don't understand the game of basketball.

AND I don't have to agree with everything Metrocard says. I've been watching basketball my whole life so if there are any opinions i have they will be backed up by facts. Obviously all you have is the ability to check ESPN for stats.

FACT: Chris Dudley's stats were never good, but he was tough and played great post defense. Same thing with Mark Madsen, no stats just hustle and grit. See Metro and MSG, ESPN stats aren't where you get all the answers. Learn.

metrocard

Legend
Parker is a better shooter than Crawford, period. Brewer is a better athlete. Both are better all around and more valuable shooting guards, Toronto won't trade Parker for Crawford, nor will Utah trade Brewer for Crawford, no one wants Isiah's caca. You can't tell me other wise.

Calling Crawford "streaky" is a compliment.

He has shot near 40% since 01, that was in 23 games in limited minutes.

*Poor shot selection
*Poor shooting ability
= poor shooter.

Everyone wants to see Crawford drive to the basket more because he sucks at shooting. Making one jumpshot after you miss 6-8 doesn't make you a good shooter. You'll never see Jamal in a 3pt contest and making videos about jumpshooting one on one.

Ross and Palv start for a reason, and its not because they chuck up 3's, turn the ball over and play no defense, THATS EASY. They start because they do the things no one else wants to do, their value >Jamal. Having better PPG doesn't make you the better player all the time. You couldn't even justify one point, you just list a 5-6 guys with no explanation. The fact that you munch on Jamal's balls and can only list 5-6 guys is pretty pathetic; it shows how bad Jamal is whenever his admires ranked him as the bottom tier of SG's in the NBA. Imagine what a person with common sense would think of Jamal.

Jamal plays PG mostly, dribble dribble dribble and plays like a headless chicken, and gets the most minutes on the team. He better get 4.5, what the hell you expect him to be, Eddy Curry? When Jamal Crawford leads your team in assist, you're in trouble offensive. He's one dimensional, his game is chucking, chucking is his game.

Jamal Crawford's scouting report
Chucking A+
Mid Range shooting B
Long Range shooting C
Shot selection - F
Crossover A+
Traveling A+
Passing D
Stealing D
Strength F
Penetration D
Rebounding D
Man to man defense F
Leadership F
Decision making F
Softness A+
Offensive Awareness D
Defensive Awareness F

What makes you think Crawford would accept in playing in Sloan's system? Jamal's best asset is chucking, Sloan hates 3pt shooters and chuckers. His offense is designed to play in the paint. Thats why guys like Brewer and Kirilenko start, they're not 3pt shooters, but can score and create in the paint, shooting a high percentage. Why do you think Okur's minutes have been limited? Another reason why you show you don't watch the NBA, Hanging out on the perimeter isn't going to get you minutes in Sloan's system. Crawford would be the first guy cut, BEFORE practice if the Jazz ever obtain him.

Mike Miller can create his own shot by stepping back and creating space for a 3 and he shoots off the dribble when needed. He's not Crawford, Arroyo, or Francis by crossing guys up and getting open, crossing guys over isn't the only way to create your shot. All you need to do is create space and you have a shot opportunity created. If you can't do it, then call a pick and roll, its called teamwork.

Or you could just come off a curl

Did Jamal ever get an invite to the USA Olympic team? Never, another thing that makes Miller's resume>>> Jamal. We needed a SHOOTING guard on this team, not a CHUCKING guard. Jamal is playing out of position.

If you watch a lot of basketball games, unfortunately its not showing in your arguement, maybe your wasting your time watching NBA basketball if you can't understand Jamal Crawford isn't good for this team. Go onto the NFL or something, NBA isn't fitting you in all honesty.

No one is trying to make you with agree everything I'm saying, I rather you not...damn stop whining.
85dvpmf.gif

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You sound real ignorant hater. You just agreed with donchris about IT giving JC too many minutes a game and then want to talk about his shooting percentage. If he's playing damn near the whole game and taking a bunch of shots in the process it's very hard to keep a real good FG% unless he's primarily scoring in the post. Sometimes people act like they don't understand the game of basketball.

AND I don't have to agree with everything Metrocard says. I've been watching basketball my whole life so if there are any opinions i have they will be backed up by facts. Obviously all you have is the ability to check ESPN for stats.

FACT: Chris Dudley's stats were never good, but he was tough and played great post defense. Same thing with Mark Madsen, no stats just hustle and grit. See Metro and MSG, ESPN stats aren't where you get all the answers. Learn.

I said its not all Crawfords fault dumbass, implying that it is still partially his fault. Either your too dumb to comprehend what Im sayin or your doin a poor job of twistin my words and using them against me. Dont get it twisted Crawford still sucks but you have to take some of the blame off him because of the team hes on and who the coach is. The same goes for everyplayer on this team including even Eddy Curry.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Your right crossing over isn't the only way to create a shot, sometimes guys use quickness like Jamal does.

52 points against a good miami heat team last season
20-30 fg 8-10 3pt
Wow I guess he is a terrible shooter.

None of the guys I originally listed has ever had 50 point games. What do you have to say about that stat boy?

There is no way someone as terrible as Crawford should ever get 50 points especially agains a great defending Heat team.

It's so weird you think Sloan hates 3pt shooters when he had one for so many years named Jeff Hornacek, heard of him?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I could care less about anyone getting traded on this Knick team. My original post was just saying that Crawford is good enough to start in this league and I will defend him if anyone thinks that he is a terrible player because that is just not true. If you have a problem with his shot selection and lack of defense fine, but don't act like the kid isn't nice. Joe Johnson was the exact same way but nobody cared because Atlanta was so shitty.

metrocard

Legend
Wow, one game.
That blows my mind away.
Crawford's one game ends all.

, Jeff Hornacek is more than a 3pt shooter, he shot over 50% and passed the ball and didn't turn the ball over alot. You're still being very stubborn, Crawford is a chucker and has the worst shot selection in the NBA, he's the anti Jeff Hornacek. Crawford has no chance on being Sloan's roster ever.

Anyway, its dumb.

Look who's last in the NBA in 3pt shots attempted. Only 11 a game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...n=2008&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=0

You went missing in 03-04, last year and now in the 90's. Jazz never been a team that chuck up 3pt shots in a hurry. They play in a control mechanic offense.

Even in 2000-01
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=teamstatoff&season=2001&seasontype=2

Only 10 a game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...n=2002&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=0

SAME THING

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...n=2003&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=0

Finished last once again

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/stati...=2004&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=false&split=0

LAST ONCE AGAIN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=teamstatoff&season=2005&seasontype=2

2nd to last

Anyway, hopefully you get the point. Jerry Sloan doesn't want 3pt chuckers on his team, period. Sloan wants guys who are going to take smart shots and play defense, that is not Crawford.

Its ridiculous I'm even arguing this...people are mad hard headed.

I could care less about anyone getting traded on this Knick team. My original post was just saying that Crawford is good enough to start in this league and I will defend him if anyone thinks that he is a terrible player because that is just not true. If you have a problem with his shot selection and lack of defense fine, but don't act like the kid isn't nice. Joe Johnson was the exact same way but nobody cared because Atlanta was so shitty.

You failed to provide the facts why Crawford is good enough to start in the NBA, he isn't a top 30 SG.

Joe Johnson was the exact same way?

JJ shot 45% in his 1st season in Alanta for 20 points per game
next season shot 47% on 25 points per game

WTF are you saying now? Joe Johnson is better at everything over Crawford and is an all star SG...stop tripping.

Sasha Pavlovic's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Quinton Ross's defense >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense
Mike Miller is averaging 16 pgg, 7 rebounds, 4 assist and is shooting 52% and over 40% from 3pt. MUCH better than Jamal.
Rashad McCants, almost the same player, but McCants is younger and a better shooter
Morris Peterson's defense, shooting, and basketball IQ >>> Crawford's erratic offense and no defense(Why would New Orleans start Crawford next to a Godly PG like Chris Paul? Chris would fuck Crawford up for being such a fool on the court)
Maurice Evans isn't better than Crawford
Ronnie Brewer shoots 53% FG, averages 2 steals a game and 12 points. He's becoming one of the best defenders in the NBA and is only going to get better, only thing Crawford has over is long range shooting and Jamal isn't even that good from the 3pt area.
Anthony Parker is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league and is an excellent defender and a WINNER >>>> Crawford's chucking, softness, no defense, turnovers and losing

Wow you hate Crawford almost as much as you love Marbury. haha I'm no fan of Crawford but he's better then Ross, Mopete, Pavlovic and Brewer. The question shouldn't be whether Crawford could start in the NBA the question should be, is he a starter on a good team? On a good team his streakiness would make him the perfect 6th man which is what Larry Brown saw in him. He'd be a perfect fit for the Cavs who need someone besides Lebron who can score.

metrocard

Legend
Wow you hate Crawford almost as much as you love Marbury. haha I'm no fan of Crawford but he's better then Ross, Mopete, Pavlovic and Brewer. The question shouldn't be whether Crawford could start in the NBA the question should be, is he a starter on a good team? On a good team his streakiness would make him the perfect 6th man which is what Larry Brown saw in him. He'd be a perfect fit for the Cavs who need someone besides Lebron who can score.

Clean this post with this

toilet_paper_02.jpg

No one is trading their best perimeter defenders for a chucker. I'm not sure if you're a Knick fan or not. Knick fans are HUNGRY for perimeter defense, you value a no defense chucker over defense, very weird. Like I said, PPG doesn't make you better. I'm not going to repeat myself, Crawford is one of the biggest on court cancers on this team and has been his whole career in the Knicks, stretching back to his career in Chicago where he was a bigger loser. You guys rip Marbury for not being a leader, but what about Jamal? What has he ever led? Poor guy has never sniff a playoff game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
All I have ever been trying to say was that Crawford is good enough to start in the NBA. I agree with you questioning whether he should be a started on a good team, and my answer is it depends on their current roster but if there is a good SG in place already he can provide instant offense off the bench. If not, then I don't see why he wouldn't be good enough to be a teams starting SG.

nyk_nyk

All Star

toilet_paper_02.jpg

No one is trading their best perimeter defenders for a chucker. I'm not sure if you're a Knick fan or not. Knick fans are HUNGRY for perimeter defense, you value a no defense chucker over defense, very weird. Like I said, PPG doesn't make you better. I'm not going to repeat myself, Crawford is one of the biggest on court cancers on this team and has been his whole career in the Knicks, stretching back to his career in Chicago where he was a bigger loser. You guys rip Marbury for not being a leader, but what about Jamal? What has he ever led? Poor guy has never sniff a playoff game.
The PG is supposed to lead the team unless your a special player like Jordan or LeBron or Kobe...etc...

Even on the championship Spurs teams Avery was the obvious leader even though Duncan and Robinson were the big name players.

Jamal was never tagged as a leader so thats a non-issue.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well Crawford probably will start on some teams...i mean hes streaky and stuff and he can score...but sometimes he just dont...ey look at wade he turns it over so much but hes still one of the top SG in league but he can score when he wants 2...Crawford just has some nights of those he gotta be consistent and yea i can see him starting...but not 4 defense just offense cuz i mean c mon...Jamal cant defend nowun but if hes offense is good enough he can start on some teams i mean look at nash...NO D AT ALL...still right now Crawford wont start on no team over 500

toilet_paper_02.jpg

I'm a huge Knick fan brutha which is why I'm here. I'm not saying Crawford is good I'm just saying he's better then Quinton Ross bro haha. Pavlovic has improved defensively but isn't known for his d and he is nowhere near as good offensively as crawford. Mo Pete is just a 3 point shooter. Brewer is inconsistent defensively despite his steals and can't shoot. Someday he may be better then Crawford but not yet. And Quinton Ross is well Quinton Ross haha.

metrocard

Legend
The PG is supposed to lead the team unless your a special player like Jordan or LeBron or Kobe...etc...

Even on the championship Spurs teams Avery was the obvious leader even though Duncan and Robinson were the big name players.

Jamal was never tagged as a leader so thats a non-issue.

LMAO, Crawford gets the most minutes on the team and he's not expected to be a leader? Crawford can't be a leader with how he plays, period. You're reaching for things to say now since everything else has been confirmed invalid.

I'm a huge Knick fan brutha which is why I'm here. I'm not saying Crawford is good I'm just saying he's better then Quinton Ross bro haha. Pavlovic has improved defensively but isn't known for his d and he is nowhere near as good offensively as crawford. Mo Pete is just a 3 point shooter. Brewer is inconsistent defensively despite his steals and can't shoot. Someday he may be better then Crawford but not yet. And Quinton Ross is well Quinton Ross haha.
stopposting.jpg

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
LMAO, Crawford gets the most minutes on the team and he's not expected to be a leader? Crawford can't be a leader with how he plays, period. You're reaching for things to say now since everything else has been confirmed invalid.

stopposting.jpg
lmao haha wow yo...i love seing all of yall argue

nyk_nyk

All Star

stopposting.jpg
Since when the hell does stamina equate to being a leader on a team? Trust me, if players were more in shape you would see plenty of guys logging 40 mins a night. You must be playing too much 2k8 or nba live.

metrocard

Legend
Since when the hell does stamina equate to being a leader on a team? Trust me, if players were more in shape you would see plenty of guys logging 40 mins a night. You must be playing too much 2k8 or nba live.

WTF, staminia? Crawford is awarded 40 minutes for poor offense(decision making, turnovers, shot selection, missing and clanking shots) and defense(everything).

Now people in the NBA aren't in shape? These are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world. Majority of wing players can log in 40 minutes a night if given. You have to be a clueless on conditioning and athletics to not believe so; you act like these guys just ride the bench and don't have any work ethic. Even Eddy Curry's fat ass can play 36 minutes a night.

LOL, I don't rock with games anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had Crawford edited to a 99 rating in the game.

Just for the spite of fun, reread this thread and check out how many times you moved one from the subject to another. You can't make a point or stay on point. I don't want to have you here out of pride if you can't bring the facts, its frustrating for you.

stopposting.jpg

Marbury says don't forget to bring the cocoa butter he likes the next time you want to give him a scrub and rub. He's also tired of msg getting between the two of you and demands you leave him home.