I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?
35 games isn't nearly enough.
I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.
If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.