Jose Juan Barea

metrocard

Legend
Oh please.. He's a third string guard for crying out loud. I don't have to remember how every frigging player's name is spelled. And I didn't feel like lookin it up. Cut me some slack lol..

And the Beaubois kid is pretty good Metro.

He's reminded me alot of Tony Parker when I've watched him.

He's better than Barea dude.

Oh.. and I think Beaubois was making a comeback from foot surgery. He's expected to make a full recovery.

Beaubois isn't really like Tony Parker...just because they're French scoring guards means they're the same.

Alot of things come into factor. Durability, maturity, progression, skill set, footwork, awareness, chemistry with wings and bigs, coachable...etc.

I like Beaubois, loaded with talented and WILL entertain many if he comes back to full health.

Remember his 40 point game? Iverson-esque with 3pt range....reminded me of Nick Van Exel.

But to be honest, at this point of time. Barea > Beaubois. Barea has accomplished more in the NBA and International level and is overall better right.

Beaubois has potential to be better.
But he isn't right now.

Mayo has potential to be better than Kevin Martin, but he isn't there yet.

Understand?

Thanks.

metrocard

Legend
How about Barea and Douglas as a 2 headed point guard temporarily? In my opinion Barea is a borderline starter, douglas is a solid backup. I would prefer Barea as a backup but at the same time having Barea would be better then just having Douglas and having to play Shumpert at PG. I could be wrong about shumpert, for now im going off very little but most people view him as a 2 guard with some passing skills. We could give Barea a try, see how the Knicks do with him as a starter. A couple posters did a good job of talking about Chandler and how he can fix mistakes made defensively, hes here to protect the rim.

I would like that.

but if Barea is a young starting point guard in this league whose lack of height isn't even a factor in his defensive skills, why isn't he starting over Jason Kidd or Terry?

He took Terry's job at the end of the season.

the good thing about barea is that he is agood pick and roll player.. that is what we need. slow this offense down a bit and get the ball to melo , stat and alley ooopppps to tyson

Thats the only thing we need from being contenders.

We have 3 all star caliber talents in Mel-Stat-Ty

Iman Shummgod is looking like Latrell out there.

Balkman has made advancements in his overall attributes.

Douglas, Fields, Walker are solid.

Bibby is a smart veteran with range.

We just need that floor general.

Steve Nash please?

I love the Knicks, watch all there games but Mavericks are my number 1 by something you'd need the best microscope to see.

Barea is awesome, not sure we can afford him with the Chandler deal and all but he is a special player. He's quick, gets into the paint and sets up the big men. He can hit it from downtown although he struggled early in the Finals, he did work when it counted towards the closing time.

I think we have a good team and our needs go beyond him. Not saying this cause I want him back as a Maverick although it be nice but because I think in light of Billups n Turiaf who r soon to be gone we need a veteran PG. Also with Chandler here which I'm excited he chose the Knicks. Only 2 destinations I wanted him, and this was one of em.

I think Baron Davis if he if he gets waived via the amnesty clause would be a perfect fit, and we need to offer more then shit to Shawne Williams. Guy was amazing for us, throughout the year. IF we have any room salary cap wise after filling out the roster...I'd say wait till Chandler is bought out and make him a solid offer sheet offer. At the very least.

Exactly what I'm trying to say! Hard to do with a full schedule of work, boxing, a broken keyboard and limited access to wifi. But I try!
Love this forum.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
but if Barea is a young starting point guard... why isn't he starting over Jason Kidd or Terry?
He took Terry's job at the end of the season.
I think that was just Carlisle just giving him some last minute practice for the big time and to give the Jet some rest. From the tail end of the Mav's season (and post-season), Barea is energetic. He's fast, he's got a steady pass, and isn't afraid to pull the trigger on any kind of shot. He kinda reminds me of Jameer Nelson a bit. But he's still just a 6th man. For now.

Douglas, Fields, Walker are solid. Bibby is a smart veteran with range. We just need that floor general. Steve Nash please?
While I gush over Steve Nash in red and blue, especially after seeing what Billups did last year, I doubt he's survive 2012 in the City. Like the old T-Mobile commercial, he's probably better suited to that desert air.

Also, how is Fields solid? And that's just sugar-coating Bibby; he's pretty much going to be limited to free-throws and long threes.

I think that was just Carlisle just giving him some last minute practice for the big time and to give the Jet some rest. From the tail end of the Mav's season (and post-season), Barea is energetic. He's fast, he's got a steady pass, and isn't afraid to pull the trigger on any kind of shot. He kinda reminds me of Jameer Nelson a bit. But he's still just a 6th man. For now.

While I gush over Steve Nash in red and blue, especially after seeing what Billups did last year, I doubt he's survive 2012 in the City. Like the old T-Mobile commercial, he's probably better suited to that desert air.

Also, how is Fields solid? And that's just sugar-coating Bibby; he's pretty much going to be limited to free-throws and long threes.
I agree, yeah bibby is old hes a veteran guy to have on the team but dont expect much from him besides the 1-2 3's a game and a few dimes, and fields is far from solid, he more of a spot up shooter... the dude can't create his own shot and he is verly limited on the offensive side, but he does hussle and get rebounds I think he would be a great guy coming off the bench, shump is a solid player better offensive and defensive player than fields, lets be honest. Fields started for us out of the gate last year at Sg, I dont see why Shump doesnt come Christmas, unless coach D wants to make him earn it which I have no problem with.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Beaubois isn't really like Tony Parker...just because they're French scoring guards means they're the same.

Alot of things come into factor. Durability, maturity, progression, skill set, footwork, awareness, chemistry with wings and bigs, coachable...etc.

I like Beaubois, loaded with talented and WILL entertain many if he comes back to full health.

Remember his 40 point game? Iverson-esque with 3pt range....reminded me of Nick Van Exel.

But to be honest, at this point of time. Barea > Beaubois. Barea has accomplished more in the NBA and International level and is overall better right.

Beaubois has potential to be better.
But he isn't right now.

Mayo has potential to be better than Kevin Martin, but he isn't there yet.

Understand?

Thanks.

All i said was that he reminds me of TP. Was alluding to their styles.

I'm cool w agreeing to disagree..