Just got back from Phoenix and wanted their take on our coach..their former

smokes

Huge Member
Is it a criminal offence to state that I would prefer Jared Jeffries to guard LeBron James?

If you watched Melo in recent years against Western Conference teams during the playoffs I would say yes.

Melo's guarding of the other teams best guy has always been great to watch in the series where they took the Lakers to 7 it was the Melo-Kobe show with both players going at eat other and both players making some great defensive plays and great scores.

We all know Melo's defense goes to another level playing against elite opponents and he has not had the chance to play against Lebron in the playoffs. I see Melo going off on Lebron and keeping him in check defensively.

TakMan

Rotation player
If you watched Melo in recent years against Western Conference teams during the playoffs I would say yes.

Melo's guarding of the other teams best guy has always been great to watch in the series where they took the Lakers to 7 it was the Melo-Kobe show with both players going at eat other and both players making some great defensive plays and great scores.

We all know Melo's defense goes to another level playing against elite opponents and he has not had the chance to play against Lebron in the playoffs. I see Melo going off on Lebron and keeping him in check defensively.

Hopefully that'll be the case if we play Miami. For some reason I can't get it off my mind that Jeffries is somewhat of a better defender when guarding along the perimeter. He had 4 steals against the Nets (nothing to put on your CV) and they all took place outside the key. I think he's too agile to be wasted inside the key. Plus he's not the strongest of players. I dunno. At the moment I'm hoping the Knicks secure playoff basketball asap so that we may possibly get a look at Derrick Brown and I would also be curious to see how Balkman would fare if he was given some minutes.

smokes

Huge Member
Hopefully that'll be the case if we play Miami. For some reason I can't get it off my mind that Jeffries is somewhat of a better defender when guarding along the perimeter. He had 4 steals against the Nets (nothing to put on your CV) and they all took place outside the key. I think he's too agile to be wasted inside the key. Plus he's not the strongest of players. I dunno. At the moment I'm hoping the Knicks secure playoff basketball asap so that we may possibly get a look at Derrick Brown and I would also be curious to see how Balkman would fare if he was given some minutes.

I think JJ might be a good option to guard Wade when TD isn't on the floor.

moneyg

Starter
I think JJ might be a good option to guard Wade when TD isn't on the floor.

AC on wade....i thnik i would give the coach a pass if he played more defensive players...and gave brewer a chance..he knows turiaf cant play that much minutes.. why is he wearing him down...knowing there is no backup..

amare should never play center...to be totally honest.. shelden william is probably our best option at center with turiaf hurting... and he should be getting more minutes...AC is our best backup option at pG.. toney is a 2...

but because he is known for not knowing a thing about defense...what else can you say????

history show us he is not good on d and stubborn...i cant say he is not tryin.. but you can try all day.. if your not good at it... your just not good...

I vote knicksfan from queens as the most predictable, annoying poster on this forum.

dude sweats dantoni like hes on the payroll man

seriously can some one please explain to me how any one can like this guy

please im begging you i dont want to fight or debate or speak nasty, but i want a legitimate statistical realistic reason behind why since dantoni has become the coach of our team, he is worth keeping

pleasssse

pleasssse
pleaseee
pleasee

tell me

im dying to know why any one would defend him, and i dont wanna hear about what he did with thesuns, I want to hear about what he has done with the knicks and dont defend the man, i want evidence supporting moving forward what makes him a good coach
because to me

hessss

terrrrible.

TakMan

Rotation player
Are you serious? They went to the Wcf last year and D'antoni couldn't with a prime Marion and Bell.

And they only made the playoffs once in the past 3 years, and are currently enjoying a below 50 winning record when they once enjoyed a 65+ winning record. Again I'm not convinced D'Antoni will ever enjoy the same success in New York, but for a Suns fan to say they're better off since his departure is ridiculous.