Kemba Walker: If we let him go we'll regret it

Kemba isn't falling past number 5.. Getting him is pretty much impossible.. unless you're willing to trade up by giving away a significant amount.

Definitely if he's still around when we pick.. There's a slight chance he could get to us.. but I'd bet on him being taken by the time it's our turn to pick.

I'd love Kemba as much as the next man, but a rookie PG is not what we need NEXT year. A 3rd year pro in TD23 over Kemba all day (next year).

THIS OFFSEASON IS ALL ABOUT DEFENSE

If we trade Turiaf (a high energy guy) to save 4M & trade up into the draft? It better be for a BIG such as Kenneth Faried who leads the NATION in rebounds. Would make for an excellent PF backing up Amare & could also give us some burn time backing up the C position from time to time. Could develope into our very own Anthony Mason & Mason was extremely important to the success of NY.

Offense is not our problem under MDA; Defense is. We ranked #1 in PPG before the trade that landed a veteran Billups. We rank #2 as of now. A rookie PG wouldn't change that.

TD @ point improves our defense. No NCAA PG is better than TD23 on defense. Fredette? No D. We need a defensive BIG who can fill lanes, board, contest, block shots & bring respect back to the paint such as Gasol, Jordan, Tyson, Nene or Dalembert. Draft Faried & we're talking.

What about Kenneth Faried? Isn't he what we need? A tough rebounder.

I mean it's not like we're in dire need of a PG. We have two solid veterans (one HOF bound) and THE up and coming young PG in the Eastern Conference in Toney Douglas.

I'd rather draft a rebounder/defender in the paint.

Release Jeffries, Brown, Mason - draft Faried and sign DeAndre Jordan and we're looking good overall imo.

STAT
Turiaf
Shelden Williams
DeAndre Jordan
Kenneth Faried

would be a good front court imo.

STAT/Turiaf/Jordan are good shot blockers

Turiaf/Shelden W. are good defenders

Faried/Jordan are good rebounders

STAT/Jordan are uber athletic

Very good frontcourt, I'd love to see it.

Throw in a certain Carmelo Anthony on the wing and a certain Chauncey Billups and Toney Douglas in the backcourt and we're looking very very good. Plus we all expect Landry Fields to improve his spot up shooting ability over the summer.

Wargames

Starter
It makes sense since he could very likely go as the number 1 pick compared to a top 5-10 pick. Especially when you factor in a lockout why not stay and try to earn the title twice and cement a college basketball legacy.