Kenneth Faried

oshi

Benchwarmer
Dude looked like a monster in the first Nuggets preseason game. All his shots were dunks and grabbed 5 off rebs in short playing time. I know it's lol preseason but everything I've seen him do has been good. I remember the main hate on him being his height.. who you think is going to grab the reb, Lopez brother or Faried. Come on man he got hops and some quick post moves as well.

Not to say Iman hasn't been impressive but what do you guys think of Faried? I loved Tyson Chandler last year (I had him in my deep money fantasy league last year and he helped me win my championship as well as one with the Mavs) but that move to me was just decent.. I dunno, I envy the ground up guys and Faried was a local kid. I know it's NY and things don't really happen here that way anymore but still

Forrest17

Rotation player
Hes a good player but we didn't need him. He is the same height as Iman except hes a power forward... Its not like he would see much time anyhow with amare and melo in the front court. Plus we have ronaldo balkman who is basically the same exact player except he is a little taller. So I am glad we took Iman because its the back court we needed the most help in.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Balkman could be our Ken Faried but

he needs to play with the same passion, intensity, and ferocity as KFar in order to achieve that.

I like what Balkman has to offer us, but he needs to be a little less laid back on-court, develop more of a mean-streak Mason/Oakley enforcer-attitude. That is what we need from him. Maybe Woodson and Chandler will be able to find this in him.

What I saw from Faried did make we wish we had him (or Chris Singleton, or Reggie Evans rather than Steve Novak). I can see Faried becoming a Dennis Rodman like force.

Shumpert is in a whole different class, as a skill player with hops, to me, his upside is Kobe.

Last edited:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I liked Faried too but I think Shumpert fills a much larger role for us. We need an athletic backcourt player who had the capabilities of defending the likes of Wade, Rose, Wall, and Williams.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, seriously.

If we hadn't signed Tyson Chandler then I could see why Faried would be a huge need, but because we have a presence down low with Tyson Chandler, I don't think we're THAT desperate for rebounding. I think we're more desperate for backcourt defense. I know I'm not the only person on this board who's sick of Rajon Rondo, a PG who can't shoot and can't hit free throws, scoring 30 points against us.

New New York

Quiet Storm
our team as is (including Shump) could use Faried, but the lineup we ended the year with just would not have made much sense, we were very undesized at the end of the last season, to draft another undersized frontline player would not have made much sense.

Faried is going to be better, but like someone said, Balkman can give us the same sort of game off the bench.

Now if we knew we had a chance at Chandler....then yeah he wouldve gotten a lot more consideration.

mafra

Legend
It seems like Balkman might be able to contribute this season. Give NYK pretty much the same thing KF gives. KF isn't & D'ant player, so how much burn would he get.

It sounds like Joorts has something to offer as well. A pretty decent jumper (w/ range) to go with that big 7-ft body.

But, it all boils down to what Shumpert brings. Athleticism doesn't always translate. And there are lots of guys who can shoot lights-out at noon. IS has to do it on the court (obviously).

All things equal, with our roster... Shumpert is more valuable. NOt to take anything away from KF. We might even regret passing on him down the road.

The Knicks will also look to add Wilson Chandler or Kenyon Martin sometime in March. Sprinkle one of these guys in with our current roster, and if everything clicks, and guys stay healthy, we can legitimately boast title aspirations for the first time since we had PE!

Kiyaman

Legend
Kenneth Faried is/was my 17th pick.

I was aight with selecting Shump only when we agreed to Billups final
contract season.
The 2011 Draft-Class have a lot of great future guards, but only had
"one" guard with the ability to be a starter in his rookie season.....
Kemba Walker.

Shump has future potential, but he's far from being a NBA starter....
it would have been a big difference if we had Chauncey Billups running
the guard rotation....then Shump wouldve had a great chance of breaking
into the Starting lineup by earning it off the bench as a rookie SG within
40 games. Im not taking anything away from Landry Fields b/c Fields is our
future Ginobli.
We would've had strong young depth at both foward-spots having a trio of
"Kenneth Faried, Jorts, and Balkman" on our bench.
However, Mike Dantoni holds a personal grudge against Balkman....if Balkman
see playingtime it will be on the strength (decision) of coach Mike Woodson.

Im hoping Baron Davis & Bibby are serious about staying healthy to compete
on a winning team.