Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I don't think Cat can be traded. See link. Also Donnie did say that the Knicks wouldn't be using Cat's contract in trade talks.

Even if you could move Cat, how does that pay for Jeffries, they still have to pay him until 2011? I think Jeffries is a non-starter with the Rox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=TradeAssets-100210

It does not effect cap for Houston as they would still be on the hook in 1010 for JJ. What Mobley's contract does is shed 80% of the 9mil he is owed. They take on JJ for one year but save close to 6 mil taking back Mobleys contract this year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It does not effect cap for Houston as they would still be on the hook in 1010 for JJ. What Mobley's contract does is shed 80% of the 9mil he is owed. They take on JJ for one year but save close to 6 mil taking back Mobleys contract this year.

That is incorrect. Insurance does not cover Mobley's contract anymore. That ended in November (1 year after). Mobley's contract is useless to us now. It was a wasted asset.

And by the way, there is no way Houston does that trade. They are not taking Jeffries. They have made that clear.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That is incorrect. Insurance does not cover Mobley's contract anymore. That ended in November (1 year after). Mobley's contract is useless to us now. It was a wasted asset.

And by the way, there is no way Houston does that trade. They are not taking Jeffries. They have made that clear.

Are you sure about Mobley's contract? Why did we let that go? The trade is not crazy for Houston either. I am not sure why JJ is so untradable...he will be in his last year and is a good defender.

tiger0330

Legend
Are you sure about Mobley's contract? Why did we let that go? The trade is not crazy for Houston either. I am not sure why JJ is so untradable...he will be in his last year and is a good defender.
Not sure you're aware of a trade kicker clause in his contract that would pay him 3M if he is traded. Would you pay JJ 10M if you were a GM?

paris401

Starter
jeffries aint a defensive big, he is a ' defective' big ... he blows... on both ends of the court... just a liittle less at the "D" end... but make no mistake he blows, and no one is taking him...