Knicks get used again: Carmelo signs long extension w/ Denver!!!!

I think the thread creator Is wearing his feelings on his/her sleeves. Mello has already mentioned that he wants NY. He has already mentioned that he dosen't want to sign the extension, so we know that money is not really the issue. Denver will trade him even faster because of what happened to Cleveland. If Mello is traded here before the season there's a high possiblity that Gallo will be package off in a deal. I know there is a fan base here for the guy, but the trade makes sense in so many ways...even the blind can see thru this.

The off season is almost over so expect atleast one more big trade before anyone can say we have our roster.

iSaYughh

Starter
I thought it was obvious Carmelo Anthony wasn't coming to the Knicks, just like it was obvious Lebron James wasn't coming to the Knicks.

It made no sense for Anthony to go to the Knicks, when he's used to playing in Denver, has had multiple 50 win seasons, and was offered over 20 million dollars a year with Denver. The Knicks don't have enough capspace to give Anthony 22 million/year, so it was obvious the Knicks weren't going to get him.

Lebron James is an attention seeker, and me and several other posters knew that, too. It was pretty obvious he wasn't coming to the Knicks for the simple fact that he already knew he wasn't good enough to lead a team to a championship. And the Heat is a team that gives him the flexibility of leading the team on some nights and taking a backseat to Wade or Bosh on other nights.

Chris Paul asked to be traded, but the Knicks only have peanuts to offer. They traded away all of their first round picks for Tracy McGrady, and most of the players on the Knicks are role players, except Amare Stoudemire.

Lol....

If it was poss, I'd bet anyone here Carmelo is coming.

And it's a huge deal. Even giving up Gallo, the explosive, physical firepower of Antony, STAT, Felton, AR-47, Walker, Douglas, Azzy, and even Chandler would be immense, by pretty much any standard in the league.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lol....

If it was poss, I'd bet anyone here Carmelo is coming.

And it's a huge deal. Even giving up Gallo, the explosive, physical firepower of Antony, STAT, Felton, AR-47, Walker, Douglas, Azzy, and even Chandler would be immense, by pretty much any standard in the league.

bro', you should've stopped after Stat, or at least after Randolph.

But I agree, Melo will be a Knick sooner rather than later.

iSaYughh

Starter
bro', you should've stopped after Stat, or at least after Randolph.

But I agree, Melo will be a Knick sooner rather than later.

Dude. Felton is one of the quickest and fastest pg's in the leauge (and has an all-around physicality). Individually, he's prolly just pretty good as a 1. But his sick speed in itself can be a real weapon if he gets fitted into a system/surrounding cast that maximize it (I'm not saying d'ant will necessarily do that,but he adds a potential element of freakish athleticism to the mix,IMO).

A healhy Azzy and Walker are very rare athletes too, even by NBA standards. I don't mean to say they are on the level of stat or randolph, tho. But that our all around roster is going to have a --lot-- of uniquee xplosiveness and athleticism, even by NBA standards.

Douglas, Chandler I shoulda stopped at tho...:)