Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

Ric Bucher from Bleacher Report told Colin Cowherd that Kevin Durant to the Knicks is a ?done deal?. Holy ****, guys. Can this be real? Holy ****.

Hmm, now Ric Bucher is talking about Durant wanting to play with Jimmy Butler. Now he sort of seems like he is making stuff up, New York Post-style.

pat

Starter
Forget about it. Nothing good is going to happen until Dolan is gone. He is making money, no matter how bad the Knicks are, he doesn't know how to assemble a front office where the characters mesh well. Players know that, the league knows that. Players only come here to cash in when they are done.

Broadway

All Star
Hmm, now Ric Bucher is talking about Durant wanting to play with Jimmy Butler. Now he sort of seems like he is making stuff up, New York Post-style.

I don't know why we're hanging on to every word about what these KNOW NOTHING media goofballs say. They have a job to do and most of them do their job according to what will get them exposure. If it was such a done deal trust someone would've have already dropped the SOURCE(S) by now. Bucher hasn't dropped any Intel in like ages, the majority of his career whatever he's spoken on personally as having some inside info he's been completely way off. Doesn't matter if it's Beck, Broussard, or Stephen A.(who recently said KD is playing us for fools)...they don't know too much especially when it comes to KD.

Relax and let this one play out. When will New York fans act like they have a sense of having themselves together and not be affected by all the outside noise? I would think this the case of a so called most knowledgable fans base in sports. You should know how this is played with DA MEDIA!

Last edited:
I don't know why we're hanging on to every word about what these KNOW NOTHING media goofballs say. They have a job to do and most of them do their job according to what will get them exposure. If it was such a done deal trust someone would've have already dropped the SOURCE(S) by now. Bucher hasn't dropped any Intel in like ages, the majority of his career whatever he's spoken on personally as having some inside info he's been completely way off. Doesn't matter if it's Beck, Broussard, or Stephen A.(who recently said KD is playing us for fools)...they don't know too much especially when it comes to KD.

Relax and let this one play out. When will New York fans act like they have a sense of having themselves together and not be affected by all the outside noise? I would think this the case of a so called most knowledgable fans base in sports. You should know how this is played with DA MEDIA!

Sigh. You want to keep trying to squeeze blood from a stone and try to talk more about our current sorry roster? Talking about rumors for free agency at least has some excitement to it. Trust me, despite what I post, I?m not exactly saving up to buy a Durant Knicks jersey. I know how history says this will play out. We get the 4th pick in the lottery and bag no one in free agency.

Broadway

All Star
Sigh. You want to keep trying to squeeze blood from a stone and try to talk more about our current sorry roster? Talking about rumors for free agency at least has some excitement to it. Trust me, despite what I post, I?m not exactly saving up to buy a Durant Knicks jersey. I know how history says this will play out. We get the 4th pick in the lottery and bag no one in free agency.

Naaaah I'm good on the roster. I think we may resign 1 or 2 players but that's about it. The Draft is a more realistic and appealing conversation. We know for a fact where our floor will be this time come draft night but the ceiling has never looked higher. Free Agency has actually proven to be more of a "flame out" than anything we've had going positive with this organization in like 20yrs. Bucher is a quintessential RETARDED RETREAD. You and I likely know more than he does.

Naaaah I'm good on the roster. I think we may resign 1 or 2 players but that's about it. The Draft is a more realistic and appealing conversation. We know for a fact where our floor will be this time come draft night but the ceiling has never looked higher. Free Agency has actually proven to be more of a "flame out" than anything we've had going positive with this organization in like 20yrs. Bucher is a quintessential RETARDED RETREAD. You and I likely know more than he does.

Alright, if the draft was today, who are your 1 through 5 picks for us?

I?m guessing the consensus right now is Zion, Ja, Barrett, Culver, in that order, and then I don?t have a clear #5.

Broadway

All Star
Alright, if the draft was today, who are your 1 through 5 picks for us?

I’m guessing the consensus right now is Zion, Ja, Barrett, Culver, in that order, and then I don’t have a clear #5.

I think you're about right as of now, although Carsen and Cassius improved their stock immensely...not guys we necessarily need though. Owens from Texas Tech is Mitch Robesque and Okeke was special before his injury. I feel Barrett is the best fit for our team with little changes. Need to see who ends up declaring first.

Texas Tech should win based on their defensive schemes...many argue Virginia shouldn't be there(I picked them to win it all in 1 of 3 brackets I filled out, North Carolina busted my other two). Texas Tech may have 2 prospects on their team but it's harder to gauge.

mafra

Legend
Fizdale with Michael Kay today...

I think MRob second in NBA in blocks and Knox played 74 games and Trier proved useful. Not a bad first draft for Perry.

Pinch me next time KP plays 70 games in a season.

Knox 1/6 teenagers ever to make 100+ three-pointers.

Sounds like DJ wants to stay here... Said DSJ needs to work on conditioning to play they way he wants him to play... said they value Knits versatility and work ethic (only had about 30 games you can evaluate him bc of injuries)...

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but won?t allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: ?Get ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.?

Does he know something?

Last edited:

I think MRob second in NBA in blocks and Knox played 74 games and Trier proved useful. Not a bad first draft for Perry.

Sounds like DJ wants to stay here... Said DSJ needs to work on conditioning to play they way he wants him to play... said they value Knits versatility and work ethic (only had about 30 games you can evaluate him bc of injuries)...

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but won?t allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: ?Get ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.?

Does he know something?

Despite the awful record, I ended up liking Fizdale by the end of this season. I want to see what he can do with a better roster. Mudiay?s development is encouraging for what he can do for DSJ.

I do think that Fizdale and our front office THINK they know something about what will happen this offseason. I hope they?re right.

Kiyaman

Legend

Knicks have cap space and 7 first rounder next 5 years... he has a draft lottery ritual but won’t allow.m himself to have his heart set on just 1 prospect....

Final statement: “Get ready Knick fans bc things are going to get a whole lot better next year.”

Does he know something?

Right now .. let him talk that talk to save his job .. Mills/Perry should be on the phone calling Mark Jackson to get the Knicks a winning FA in the off-season .... I just dont want a repeat of the Knicks 2018-19 disaster season any more !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Despite the awful record, I ended up liking Fizdale by the end of this season. I want to see what he can do with a better roster. Mudiay’s development is encouraging for what he can do for DSJ.

I do think that Fizdale and our front office THINK they know something about what will happen this offseason. I hope they’re right.
They know they have 70M to spend and if you can't build a respectable team with that kind of dough you have to be deaf, dumb and blind. Glad Perry is on board because Mills has shown his mediocrity in appraising and paying talent with Tim and Baker.

I do wish Fiz would keep his mouth shut before he even knows what his roster looks like before raising the expectations of the fan base that things are about to get better. I saw some tweet that his wife sent out saying it's going to be amazing next season so he's got his whole family spreading the propaganda. I'd just like to remind them the Lakers just fired Luke after the team got LeBron and arguably have some nicer pieces in Kuzma, Ingram and Ball than the Knicks have before bragging about how great things are going to be.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/durant-may-be-answer-to-knicks-veterans-allonzo-trier-disdain/

Apparently, aside from his fellow rookies, Trier not too popular in clubhouse bc of his selfish ways. And, it appears, Fiz fostered this resentment bc of his special treatment with Self-Proclaimed Iso-Zo

Doesn?t bother me. Article says he got along well with Knox and MRob and it was our ?veterans? who had a problem with him, including guys like THJ who don?t play here any more. I remember reading months ago that Sexton had the exact same problem with the Cavs earlier this season. Usual New York Post bull**** here in my mind.

mafra

Legend
Doesn?t bother me. Article says he got along well with Knox and MRob and it was our ?veterans? who had a problem with him, including guys like THJ who don?t play here any more. I remember reading months ago that Sexton had the exact same problem with the Cavs earlier this season. Usual New York Post bull**** here in my mind.

From a chemistry stand point, I agree. But, what i don?t like is a player not passing to a wide open teammate for an easy layup, opting to go 1 on 3 instead and forcing a shot.
This shows that Trier is only concerned with scoring his points and little else to help the team win. Ergo, he?s nothing more than a sixth man off the bench. Instant offense. He?s fine for that role, but we ain?t talking about a starter here or a PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
From a chemistry stand point, I agree. But, what i don?t like is a player not passing to a wide open teammate for an easy layup, opting to go 1 on 3 instead and forcing a shot.
This shows that Trier is only concerned with scoring his points and little else to help the team win. Ergo, he?s nothing more than a sixth man off the bench. Instant offense. He?s fine for that role, but we ain?t talking about a starter here or a PG.

To be truthful, from a chemistry stand point .. I accused all the Knick players throughout the season for acting selfish having a shoot-first performance under coach Fizdale's weekly change of starting-lineups plus the change of rotation every other game. Even rookie Frank's pass-pass-pass performance last season changed to become a shoot shoot performance this season.
Plus we must look at our walk-on draft-pick Trier's 2 yr contract are only guaranteed for this season, Trier and over half the Knicks roster were on their final season contract with the Knicks, and all the final contract players were looking for consistent playing time to for fill their season stat record.

paris401

Starter
They know they have 70M to spend and if you can't build a respectable team with that kind of dough you have to be deaf, dumb and blind.

you can have 700m to spend, but if your team sucks, has sucked for yrs, have a dysfunctional front office, a 'dick' owner, maybe just maybe tier 1 FA's mite not wanta sign...

ofcourse i'm not talking about 'our' ny knicks.... just saying...

Mills praised Fizdale for not veering from player development to ?protect his record? this year. I say hold judgment on Fizdale. Definitely code that he was told to tank and he did it successfully.

Also, according to Mills, Patrick Ewing representing us at the draft lottery was Dolan?s idea.