Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

Kiyaman

Legend
How well has Coach Carlisle winning record been in Dallas after losing Tyson Chandler to FA SMH LOL ???
The truth is like Shaq said .. "KP and Dirk are to SOFT to post-up down low.".
Carlisle will be hunting for a post-up big-man in the Feb. trade deadline, or thru FA in the off-season to put alongside of Mavs future star-players Doncic, KP, and Brunson. Tim Hardaway Jr. are performing well receiving 24 minute per game in the 2019-20 season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hard to argue with Carlisle on the modern day NBA offense that values the long ball over post up b-ball of the Al Jefferson’s, Yao, Hibbert et al. The Mavs have the highest offensive rating per 100 possessions at over 116 since that stat was created. Their 116 even eclipses the powerhouse MIL team’s 114 rating. I made the analytics argument in a post several years ago when Bud was coaching the Hawks and look at where he has the Bucks now.

The Bucks coach Bud has both 7.0 Lopez Brothers in their rotation plus 7.0 Giannis and 6.8 SF-Middleton ....
The Best low-post presence in the East !!!

mafra

Legend
Hard to argue with Carlisle on the modern day NBA offense that values the long ball over post up b-ball of the Al Jefferson’s, Yao, Hibbert et al. The Mavs have the highest offensive rating per 100 possessions at over 116 since that stat was created. Their 116 even eclipses the powerhouse MIL team’s 114 rating. I made the analytics argument in a post several years ago when Bud was coaching the Hawks and look at where he has the Bucks now.

But does this lead to titles? My argument is, in May and June, this isn?t a sustainable model. Depending on 27-39 foot jumpers, when officials swallow the whistle, for 4/7 games in 14 days for 4 rounds....

It?s a lot easier to defend the perimeter than to contend with a Kareem or Shaq in the box.

Imagine how unstoppable KP could be? Remember, Smart would eat his lunch bc KP had not post moves.

tiger0330

Legend
The Bucks coach Bud has both 7.0 Lopez Brothers in their rotation plus 7.0 Giannis and 6.8 SF-Middleton ....
The Best low-post presence in the East !!!
They also take near 40 3s a game good for 3rd place in the NBA and BLo spends 50% of his time shooting 3s from the perimeter and doesn't post up like he used to because Bud doesn't even run plays where BLo is in the low block waiting for an entry pass. I wouldn't call the Freak a post player either more a dynamic driver of the basketball than post player.

tiger0330

Legend
But does this lead to titles? My argument is, in May and June, this isn’t a sustainable model. Depending on 27-39 foot jumpers, when officials swallow the whistle, for 4/7 games in 14 days for 4 rounds....

It’s a lot easier to defend the perimeter than to contend with a Kareem or Shaq in the box.

Imagine how unstoppable KP could be? Remember, Smart would eat his lunch bc KP had not post moves.
We're not going back to the 90's, evolve or die. BLo is a guy that has, just posted in response to Kiya, look.at his shot chart, he's taken 144 shots between 20-29 ft , 121 past the 3 pt line and about 100 shots mid-range and in.

mafra

Legend
Trust me. If and when a real big emerges... he?ll be unstoppable.

What wins in NBA? Stars!

LeBron is a mid-range maestro. Kawhi as well... they can hit a 3... but are otherwise methodical and lethal inside the arc. They ain?t losing to a team of chuckers.

Kiyaman

Legend
They also take near 40 3s a game good for 3rd place in the NBA and BLo spends 50% of his time shooting 3s from the perimeter and doesn't post up like he used to because Bud doesn't even run plays where BLo is in the low block waiting for an entry pass. I wouldn't call the Freak a post player either more a dynamic driver of the basketball than post player.

The Bucks rotation has the low-post big-men to take 40 3-Ball shots per game, the Bucks offensive & defensive rebounding has increased this season to where Giannis has started shooting 3-ball shots consistently. Buck's opponents are forced quick to foul when the ball are dropped anywhere near the paint to the Lopez Brothers, or Giannis/Middleton/Ilyasova.

mafra

Legend
Look, it makes sense for DAL and MIL to play this way, bc they have Giannis and Doncic who dominant the ball. You surround guys like this ? like LJ ? with shooters bc you want open space for their ball-dominant studs you work in...

What?s the criticism with Embiid? He gets lazy and relies on long range when he should impose his will and just own the paint....

Plus, what about offensive rebounding? With your bigs out behind the arc?

He, it makes sense if you build the roster a particular way... and have the central piece to run it...

But give me the option between Harden and Shaq, between Curry and Duncan... I?m not even hesitating.

Now, this Giannis cat my change everything. Doncic too. These are guys that excel inside and outside the arc. But, I guarantee, neither will win a title unless they own the paint.

Kiyaman

Legend
Trust me. If and when a real big emerges... he’ll be unstoppable.

What wins in NBA? Stars!

LeBron is a mid-range maestro. Kawhi as well... they can hit a 3... but are otherwise methodical and lethal inside the arc. They ain’t losing to a team of chuckers.

Kawhi had Duncan and Gasol to win his championship rings .. and Lebron hired Howard a week after Cousin went down with a season injury to be JaVale McGee backup.
Carlisle Mavs cant steal a win from the Lakers and Clippers big-men in a playoff series !!!

mafra

Legend
Word is surfacing that KD licked Nets over KNicks bc of the practice facility.... Another story reports recent NYK players said moving practice facility to Manhattan more important to attract free agents than front office changes.

Why they practice in Westchester and play in NYC is asinine.

?I?d get rid of that practice facility in Westchester,? Dudley told The Athletic.
?Nobody wants to live there, nobody wants to commute there. You have to get as close to the city as possible. That?s why Brooklyn got Kevin Durant. I told DeAndre Jordan who told Kevin Durant that the [Nets?] practice facility is two minutes from [Barclays Center]. They didn?t even know that. I lived in the city. It took me 12 minutes to get to the practice facility.?

The Knicks? practice facility is located in Tarrytown in Westchester County, about 30 miles from MSG. During rush hour, the drive is well over an hour. Most of the Knicks don?t live in New York City because the majority of time is spent at the practice facility.

??

I rented a place there in 1998... I remember Sprewell coming and going often. I think he lived near me... not sure.

But this must change and change now. Dolan has plenty of money... this is just shooting yourself for no reason.

Kiyaman

Legend
The SORRY Knick Program starts with the Practice Facility!

Word is surfacing that KD licked Nets over KNicks bc of the practice facility.... Another story reports recent NYK players said moving practice facility to Manhattan more important to attract free agents than front office changes.

Why they practice in Westchester and play in NYC is asinine.

?I?d get rid of that practice facility in Westchester,? Dudley told The Athletic.
?Nobody wants to live there, nobody wants to commute there. You have to get as close to the city as possible. That?s why Brooklyn got Kevin Durant. I told DeAndre Jordan who told Kevin Durant that the [Nets?] practice facility is two minutes from [Barclays Center]. They didn?t even know that. I lived in the city. It took me 12 minutes to get to the practice facility.?

The Knicks? practice facility is located in Tarrytown in Westchester County, about 30 miles from MSG. During rush hour, the drive is well over an hour. Most of the Knicks don?t live in New York City because the majority of time is spent at the practice facility.

??

I rented a place there in 1998... I remember Sprewell coming and going often. I think he lived near me... not sure.

But this must change and change now. Dolan has plenty of money... this is just shooting yourself for no reason.

WOW! So so True .. I recall the Knicks players and Knick coaches complaining bout the far distance of the Knicks practice facility from MSG back in the early 1990's. The drive from Manhattan to Westchester has always been a 24/7 slow traffic of tractor-trailers on the highway that just the thought of the drive makes a person tired.
The Dolan family real estate practically own 25% of Long Island & Queens, a practice facility in Queens taking the mid-town tunnel would be less than 30 minute away from MSG.

mafra

Legend
Randle is 8 months older than KP.

If you could pick, which would you prefer next 2 years:

Randle at 20 mil per or Porzingis at 30 mil per?

This Miller?s version of Randle is actually a player!

Randle is 8 months older than KP.

If you could pick, which would you prefer next 2 years:

Randle at 20 mil per or Porzingis at 30 mil per?

This Miller’s version of Randle is actually a player!

Ok, there are a few question first.

Are we talking about being the #1 option? The main Man?

Does Randle and KP make those around him better?

Now to answer your questions.

Randle or KP? KP:

Can't answer the second question because I'm not sure if miller is playing Randle because he like him or because F.O. said so.

To answer my top questions. I don't think neither are #1 options. KP needs a Superstar next to him like Melo or what he got at Dallas. Randle to me will away be a square peg for a round hole. He is trying his best to be the savior of the Knicks but he isn't that type of player. The Lakers saw it... The Pelicans saw it. Now we are stuck with him for another year and money for the 3rd year. Nobody is taking him. A MISTAKE!!!

Good article on Mitch by Berman:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...tor-knicks-center-has-all-star-potential/amp/

Dude is working on his 3-point shot but don’t incorporate until refined.

Wasted off season this past summer. Who is teaching or coaching him? No big man coach on the bench. Gibson is a big man or a big man coach. Why not go out and get Garnett as a big man coach for this team. If you look ar Robinson body type it is very similar to KG. I you remember KG game that would be want you would want from MRob.

When I asked Mills last year in ATL about bring in Big man coaches to help. They bought in R. Wallace for a coaching session. 1 time. Mills said that the idea came from Amare' when he was a Knick to bring in consultant. Now this come from the man at the top of the organization and he doesn't know any better. How in the hell can you expect him to make any right decision?

mafra

Legend
Apparently Rose trashes Mills:

?No communication,? Rose said in the book. ?I thought, ?I just gave y?all 18 a game. At the point guard position. And you go draft a point guard [Frank Ntilikina]? Steve Mills is talking all this black stuff with me, like we?re brothers and all this. He?s saying that s***, making me think it?s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Apparently Rose trashes Mills:

?No communication,? Rose said in the book. ?I thought, ?I just gave y?all 18 a game. At the point guard position. And you go draft a point guard [Frank Ntilikina]? Steve Mills is talking all this black stuff with me, like we?re brothers and all this. He?s saying that s***, making me think it?s going to make us closer. Come on, be yourself.?

We should have kept D Rose. At least we would have a proven NBA point guard on the roster who btw has a MVP under his belt. SMH. Mills should be fired on the basis of these facts alone

Kiyaman

Legend
We should have kept D Rose. At least we would have a proven NBA point guard on the roster who btw has a MVP under his belt. SMH. Mills should be fired on the basis of these facts alone

Stop acting like the Knicks wasn't the NBA WORST defensive team for two season in a row !!!

We should've picked Frank in the draft, plus resign D.Rose as the starting SG.
And we should've never sign Tim Hardaway Jr.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are waiving Ivan Rabb, their two-way contract player, an NBA source confirmed.

That will allow the Knicks to now sign Wooten, already a member of the Westchester Knicks, to a two-way deal. Wooten starred at summer league after being undrafted out of Oregon and the Knicks were concerned he was going to sign elsewhere.

mafra

Legend
LaVar Ball believes Knicks can be the next Warriors with Mark Jackson and his 3 sons

Ball told TMZ Sports that the Knicks could turn into the next dynasty ? la three-time champion Golden State Warriors from the previous decade should they hire Jackson and find a way to get all three Ball brothers on the team (h/t Hoop Central).

?If he?s over there (LaMelo) and getting my other two sons with Mark Jackson, he?s going to do the same thing he did in Golden State with my boys.?