Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

tiger0330

Legend
Gordon Heyward opts out. NYK, ATL, and Indy in play.

Utah trades Ed Davis to Knicks to clear cap space. Davis is on an expiring 5 million dollar deal. Knicks get two 2nd round picks in 2023 for taking on the salary.

I can’t remember the last time we used cap space to get extra picks. I’m not sure loading up on 2nd round picks in 2023 helps us that much, but it’s more than our recent prior front offices have been able to do.

Knicks now with 35 million in cap space.
I said Mills should have preserved cap space to take on bad contracts for picks instead of signing that group of role players when he was here but just like the Otaru deal yesterday, this is a real yawner. Read Gordo will get a 20-25M deal after opting out but he’s making 30M, signing him to anywhere near his original deal with the Celts would be crazy IMO, but might be a good pickup for a 75M/3 yrs.

KingCharles34

All Star
My pops just told me the Knicks were interested in signing Hayward. I came here hoping to find out thats false. I am greatly disappointed

Its nothing against Hayward but i saw a good number of Celtics games. Hes been injury prone and inconsistent. It would be such a Knicks move to overpay for an injury prone, past their prime player. We have become a graveyard for these types of players

Please dont do it sir Leon Rose

tiger0330

Legend
My pops just told me the Knicks were interested in signing Hayward. I came here hoping to find out thats false. I am greatly disappointed

Its nothing against Hayward but i saw a good number of Celtics games. Hes been injury prone and inconsistent. It would be such a Knicks move to overpay for an injury prone, past their prime player. We have become a graveyard for these types of players

Please dont do it sir Leon Rose
They want to try to sign him on the cheap from what I’m reading, something like 18-20M 2 or 3 years. Gordo must know something opting out of his final year paying him 34M, but to opt out to sign a lesser deal to play for a former coach I’ll believe it when I see it. Read there is still an interest in signing Russ at the right price, I like his leadership qualities, I would rather see that then signing Gordo.

mafra

Legend
GH at 3/45 ain?t the end of the world. He could be a useful Point Forward and he can shoot.... Trade Randall for something useful... the key here is to build a team worthy to compete for the 5-8 seed and start to change things around MsG.

mafra

Legend
Could these new picks be used to pry Russell Westbrook away from HOU?

Westbrook
RJ
Heyward
Toppin
Robinson

Does this get NY the 8 seed and a run at Nets?

Free agency starts at 5PM today.

As of this morning, Knicks reportedly do not seem likely to pursue Westbrook trade. They seem likely to consider signing Gordon Hayward if the price is reasonable. The return of Carmelo Anthony looms as a potential option, but no real specific evidence yet.

I expect mainly low impact moves from the Knicks.

Fred VanVleet very likely to resign with Raptors and Knicks seem unlikely to pursue since they know he will be wasting our time and just using us as negotiation leverage. Honestly, no harm in running up the price for another team, but whatever.

Jeff Teague or DJ Augustin would make sense, but we?ve done the bring in the vet PG thing over and over and it never works for us. Should we just see how far we get Ntilikina and DSJ?

Whereas Knicks and Hawks are main teams with cap space to sign Gordon Hayward, a sign and trade puts him in play as an option for contending teams. I?d look for the Celtics to try to arrange a sign and trade if Hayward does want to leave.

I guess deals can start getting signed at 6PM EST. Rumors quiet so far today, not expecting a ton of fireworks. Last year?s free agency was a tough act to follow

NYK looking at Bertrand as backup to Gh.

I like the focus on shooting. Really wondering about how we are going to have a competitive backcourt though. Hopefully, some deal involving Randle for a guard is in the works if we are targeting Hayward and Bertrans.

Listen, I just saw this on Facebook so it might be a complete LIE, but it said at 6PM today that Knicks will sign Gordon Hayward to 3 year, 70 million dollar deal with declining salary each season.

Listen, I just saw this on Facebook so it might be a complete LIE, but it said at 6PM today that Knicks will sign Gordon Hayward to 3 year, 70 million dollar deal with declining salary each season.

Lots of reasons to believe this is false info

mafra

Legend
Gordon Hayward is "fully focused and wants to sign a deal with the Pacers," according to Stadium's Shams Charania.

Gordon Hayward is "fully focused and wants to sign a deal with the Pacers," according to Stadium's Shams Charania.

Honestly, I?m relieved Hayward to Knicks was fake news.

Hayward trying to force sign and trade between Pacers and Celtics. Celtics want Oladipo or Warren plus Myles Turner in return. Pacers would be dummies to do that deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Lots of reasons to believe this is false info
Scratching my head on why Gordo would take a pay cut and go from a winning team to a struggling one when the trend for good players is to do the opposite. Indiana also in play, my bet is Gordo takes their money to return to Indiana and play for a playoff team. Supposedly Russ is off the table because he's a better fit for a contender than a team like the Knicks with the Knicks not being able to get assets back from HOU for that albatross contract.

tiger0330

Legend
Honestly, I’m relieved Hayward to Knicks was fake news.

Hayward trying to force sign and trade between Pacers and Celtics. Celtics want Oladipo or Warren plus Myles Turner in return. Pacers would be dummies to do that deal.
Actually was writing about him going to Indiana while you were posting and before hearing your news.

tiger0330

Legend
Honestly, I’m relieved Hayward to Knicks was fake news.

Gordo thinks to much of himself after being a bust with the Celts. Now I know why he opted out trying to force a SnT so he can get his 34M and go to the Pacers. Indy icon or not, only guy I give up is Dip in a SnT.