Knicks lead pursuit of T. Chandler

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I hope that we don`t lose Amare but getting Chandler would be great. What we need more than anything is a centre who can defend the paint and Chandler does exactly that.

I bet that No D-Toni will hate it if we get Chandler. It`s his worst nightmare, a legitimate centre who can actually defend.

la2ny

Starter
WE ARE BUILDING AROUND MELO-STAT. That's what this is. If we somehow got Andre Miller, that would be a godsend, but I also think next season were going to try and sign Nash. I think management realizes we need to fill this team out rather than stockpiling stars(mainly because CP3 isn't possible and Cp3 to LA is definitely picking up steam). But, I actually love this! If we get the right role players to complement this TEAM then we can go places.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I want to keep Amar'e at all costs if we can nab Chandler. Come playoff time we would truly be ready for whatever comes at us...

...Now w/e happens with Billups I don't want to loose him but if we must then aren't the Cavs dropping Baron Davis. Hey, why not?

B. Davis
Fields or Hill
Melo
Stat
Chandler.

:thumbsup:

That's a sexy lineup and I mean that in the least gay way possible.

Vet leadership: CHECK
Young energy Off the Bench: CHECK

smokes

Huge Member
Whatever happens it better be a S&T if we waste our amnesty on a player we didn't even have to sign this year that would basically make the first moves of the season really crappy moves.

This seems very weird though... Amnesty our PG to get Chandler... The main reason to get Chandler is to entice Paul... But how are we going to get Paul? We won't have room in FA 2012... Are we seriously going to trade Amare?! I guess I wouldn't be too sad but not sure the Hornets would even want to do that trade. Amare's contract is pretty bad + David West is still kinda hanging around there.

I think even with Amare to offer, they would rather take Curry, DeAndre, Ellis or someone like that.

KingCharles34

All Star
Well it looks like Amare won't be getting traded, at least for CP3. It appears as if the Lakers might have themselves one of the best point guards in the game.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Whatever happens it better be a S&T if we waste our amnesty on a player we didn't even have to sign this year that would basically make the first moves of the season really crappy moves.

This seems very weird though... Amnesty our PG to get Chandler... The main reason to get Chandler is to entice Paul... But how are we going to get Paul? We won't have room in FA 2012... Are we seriously going to trade Amare?! I guess I wouldn't be too sad but not sure the Hornets would even want to do that trade. Amare's contract is pretty bad + David West is still kinda hanging around there.

I think even with Amare to offer, they would rather take Curry, DeAndre, Ellis or someone like that.

i hear Paul is headed to LA already

smokes

Huge Member
WE ARE BUILDING AROUND MELO-STAT. That's what this is. If we somehow got Andre Miller, that would be a godsend, but I also think next season were going to try and sign Nash. I think management realizes we need to fill this team out rather than stockpiling stars(mainly because CP3 isn't possible and Cp3 to LA is definitely picking up steam). But, I actually love this! If we get the right role players to complement this TEAM then we can go places.

I agree the only reason trading Amare would be kinda ok with me is due to his bloated contract. But really, Amare playing next to T Chandler? That would be sick...

I really hope we don't go overboard on a contract for Chandler though. I hear 14 million being thrown around... SERIOUSLY?! No disrespect but just because he won a ring does not add 4 million per to his value. He's still the same middle of the road 7 footer.

He did a great job in the playoffs no doubt but it's not like the Heat have any dangerous bigs. I guess you could say his best performances were against LAL but Gasol choked hard in the playoffs last year.

Let's just not go overboard... 12 million would be about right for this guy.

Wargames

Starter
Good news. This says to me that the lakers are getting CP3, but hey if you look at all the centers available in the next few years this is the smart move. The knicks need to win now while their stars are in there prime. The other bit of news this trade has smothered is the turiaf to the nuggets deal. Maybe that's to get Wilson Chandler rights since I dont think the nuggets are willing to spend half a million to rent him based on his performance there.

Vet min?/TD/ Shumpert
Hill/Fields
Melo/W Chandler/ D. Brown
STAT/ S. Williams/ Jorts
T. Chandler/ J Jordan

That team can contend this year. If they get Steve Nash next year as the vet min starting PG (O_O)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That's true. I wasn't too sold on this deal when it first happened but the truth is that you MUST have a decent center who can rebound and block shots in this league or else you won't go anywhere. We got ****ed up the ass by Rondo and Wade and guys because we don't have anyone keeping opposing players to driving to the hoop.

Now that we have much better frontcourt defense, we'll be able to manage. If we pick up Steve Nash, then we'll have a pretty good all-star lineup. Nash running the pick and roll with Amar'e, kicking it out to Melo, taking the transition 3, and alleyooping to Chandler? Badass.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
That's true. I wasn't too sold on this deal when it first happened but the truth is that you MUST have a decent center who can rebound and block shots in this league or else you won't go anywhere. We got ****ed up the ass by Rondo and Wade and guys because we don't have anyone keeping opposing players to driving to the hoop.

Now that we have much better frontcourt defense, we'll be able to manage. If we pick up Steve Nash, then we'll have a pretty good all-star lineup. Nash running the pick and roll with Amar'e, kicking it out to Melo, taking the transition 3, and alleyooping to Chandler? Badass.

i'd rather not get older at the point, with our luck, we'll get the first year in Nash's career when old his age shows up in game 1 and he's a terrible defender to boot.....there are other point guards out there with more upside and years left in them

CA7

Scoring Champ

Nash would be more of hurt on D than help on O, go get Ramon Sessions, DJ Augustine or Darren Collison and we can rock with any of them easily and just as efficient I mean is Nash gonna stop Rose hell no, Wade hell no, Rondo hell no, Wall hell no, Williams hell no, Teague hell no, Jennings hell no, Kemba hell no.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Nash would be more of hurt on D than help on O, go get Ramon Sessions, DJ Augustine or Darren Collison and we can rock with any of them easily and just as efficient I mean is Nash gonna stop Rose hell no, Wade hell no, Rondo hell no, Wall hell no, Williams hell no, Teague hell no, Jennings hell no, Kemba hell no.

spread the gospel :agreed:

smokes

Huge Member

This is all true but getting Nash wouldn't be the end of the world. No he ain't gonna stop those guards but we have people on our roster who can (Douglas, Jefferies...?). Would just take some creative lineup juggling.

Not that I particularly want Steve Nash but depending on our cap and who's available he might still be our best choice a year down the line.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
This is all true but getting Nash wouldn't be the end of the world. No he ain't gonna stop those guards but we have people on our roster who can (Douglas, Jefferies...?). Would just take some creative lineup juggling.

Not that I particularly want Steve Nash but depending on our cap and who's available he might still be our best choice a year down the line.

Toney Douglas needs serious coaching on the defensive end dude. He's athletic enuff but they usually have him playing the 2 guard and he's 2 short for that, he gets used by the likes of Ray Allen, Kobe, Luol Deng, Jamal Crawford (guys who are built for the shooting guard/small forward position). I read that on film, Douglas struggles with knowing who the pressure and who to layoff of, which sounds like a team issue but also a serious lack of defensive KNOWLEDGE/scouting/IQ.

And lets not ever talk about Jared Jeffries.............

KingCharles34

All Star
Maybe we can convince Starbury to come back :D

word :smokin:

Thats the dude we should go after, Chinabury stays breakin the ankles of the short slow China men

Naw but really I think with whoever the Knicks go after, these are the skills they should look for

Defense
3 point shooting
passing

Defense....Chandler's inside presence will help us greatly but we still have Amare and Carmelo, two players that are very inconsistent on defense. We cant expect Chandler to be a one man team on defense. Depending on how many minutes Shumpert gets, he can help us alot off the bench too potentially

3 point shooting...is key in D'antonis system. It will help us spread the court and create more openings on the inside for Melo and stat. We got Fields who can also hit 3's and Melo showed alotta improvement from the perimeter once he got traded to the Knicks. He said something about working really hard in the offseason to improve even more here before the season ended i believe...

Passing...Can the Knicks get playmaking from other positions other then point guard? Amare has showed at times he can pass out of the double team very well, Carmelo can pass very well at times. But the key word with both of them is "at times." Shumpert can pass good, Fields really isnt a playmaker. Same with Toney Douglas.

Now we just need some low budget point guards that fit the mold that i speak of