Knicks make offer to Lee (4yrs/$32million) and are targetting Grant Hill???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
this might be a stupid question but could we sign Lee for 1yr and give him the 10mil then after the big names come in we can sign our own players to whatever we want...
did that make sense?

I believe we have to resign players before we can sign new ones. That means Lee's salary would hurt our cap space hence not allowing us to sign a max deal free agent.

moneyg

Starter
I believe we have to resign players before we can sign new ones. That means Lee's salary would hurt our cap space hence not allowing us to sign a max deal free agent.

not true. we can sign all our free agents and wait til the last minute to sign any player that has played for us the prior season. :smokin:

OffDutyNJ

Rookie
thats what im saying. so why not go that route..give him his 10mil for this year and wait to sign whoever we sign then give him what he wants...

OffDutyNJ

Rookie
I definitely want Lee on this team. I feel he has earned it statistically at least.
However, he needs major work on defense. and he wants to be here...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
thats what im saying. so why not go that route..give him his 10mil for this year and wait to sign whoever we sign then give him what he wants...

I think he is wrong...that is a way too easy loophole to get around a salary cap. If I wasn't too lazy I would look it up. Try googling: "nba collective bargaining agreement"..you will find the answer.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

False

not true. we can sign all our free agents and wait til the last minute to sign any player that has played for us the prior season. :smokin:

True

Because players rarely go that way when they are young ( like taking one year deal or even the qualifying offer) because they are afraid of career ending injury.
Although Leon Powe is not in the same scenario he is fked at the momment.

if we can not retain lee which i hope we can thenthere are two moves that i seriously would want to consider to sure up a gaping hole in our lineup...
one would be a sign and trade to detroit who no longer can get booozer for rip hamilton... obviously more pieces need to be involved but the deal makes sense both ways
rip is the perfect shooting guard for our team and detroit is dead set on signing ben gordon and villanueva... by signing both of them they wont have money to sign lee or milsap so they get their much needed pf and we finall get a true sg

the other idea is to use lee along witha jeffries in a sign and trade with portland for miles and fernandez.... add nate and maybe we can get a pick next year

i would love to see the deal with detroit go down because well finall have a more than capable skilled sg who will hold down that starting spot for a long time

then we should work hard to trade curry to houston to help them out with their need for a post presence... i think curry and hughes or nate might work in order to get anybody really... tmac would be ideal since he will come off the books

then sign either kidd or sessions....
then work to trade jeffries to washington who are high on him ... hughes could be packaged here as well

then your 2009 lineup:
sessions/kidd -duhon,douglas
RIP -TMAC,douglas
Chandler -Gallo
Hill -Harrington
Darko -Sene

We will definately have the money to sign two big time free agents and we will have some skilled players on the roster that will positively impact their decisions
Sessions/Kidd, RIP, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas would be the supporting cast that will be on contract with whomever we sign in 2010

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
If we sign, Charles Oakley, then we are freaking set.

I think we can play some defense in this system.

I see Darko brought in for defensive purposes, same with Toney Douglas.

Jordan Hill.....barely seen him, how's his D?

We have a blank at the PG, but Duhon says he will be ready for this coming season. i hope we get something at the PG. Although Duhon claims he is ready, i dont think so, as in running 40 min. I think we can get excellent production from him at 25 mpg...but who takes the rest? I'm not sure Jason Kidd would be the right thing to do, as we can wait a year for STEVE NASH?

As for Lee's competition.

Memphis- uhmm........yeahhhhhh, didnt he insist on not going to memphis a while back?
Detroit- I think this is out of the question considering they have Charlie V and Ben Gordon now
Portland- nah, i think they are taking Turk.
OKC- I think they are out only competition. They have not done anything yet.

Everyone wants Lee in NY. He wants to be in NY. (Who is David Lee's girlfriend by the way?? Sorry if this is a dumb q)

I mean, 50mil to play in the middle of nowhere versus 32 mil to play where everyone wants you to play.

Come on Lee, Da Mayor would want you to do the right thing:crossfingers:

Edit: Duhon mastering the pick and roll with lee, and rip coming off screens for threes, damn!! :)