Knicks' OG Anunoby opts out, to be free agent !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Leon Rose plan FAILED!
Yesterday was the last day!
And Tibbs, Randle, and Brunson did not help.
All 4 names above couldn't/didn't put any effort into talking OG into not opting out, so we could build a contender team in the 2024-25 Knicks season having OG all-around ball performance.

The money and years OG are asking for (5 yrs $200M contract), are out of Leon Rose hands.
Knicks owner Dolan will have to OK that signing!
The Knicks got a 24 and 25 first round pick, so Dolan is not in New York.

Adding OG Anunoby to the Knicks rotation and the Knicks had a 14-2 record in the month of January.
When OG went out with a elbow injury at the beginning of February, wasn't that the best time to give OG a signing $$$ bonus for signing a 4 to 6 year extension so OG don't opt out of his final season contract. So the Knicks could build a Championship team in the offseason, by resigning Hartenstein and Precious to reasonable contracts to be on a Contender team.

There is no championship with the current makeup of this team. You should have seen that the moment KP won a championship.

For those that were stubborn enough to say I much rather have Randle than KP. That blowup any loyal idea that the current Knicks team can win a championship EVER!!

OG Randle and Precious are the only players
that should be bought back.

You joked in another thread that I was funny because the Nova players are coming back. Well the joke is on you if you think in ANYWAY THIS IS GOOD.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no championship with the current makeup of this team. You should have seen that the moment KP won a championship.

For those that were stubborn enough to say I much rather have Randle than KP. That blowup any loyal idea that the current Knicks team can win a championship EVER!!

OG Randle and Precious are the only players
that should be bought back.

You joked in another thread that I was funny because the Nova players are coming back. Well the joke is on you if you think in ANYWAY THIS IS GOOD.

Naw, that was a jokey-jokey FACT. .
Funny or not its a fact .. Camp Brunson in the Knicks locker room .. Mikal Bridges !!!
Who all wanted Mikal Bridges over Knox ???
To sign Brunson we had to give him a few perk$ like ..
We had to add Brunson Pops to the Knicks coaching staff ..
And we had to trade plus sign 2 or 3 of the Players on the Nova championships team
Having the Nova-Nova till the 2027-28 Knicks season !!!
A jokey Fact.
Is Brunson's perks to much ???

I was not happy getting rid of Obi Toppin and Grimes for a inconsistant Donte (on Bucks/Warriors)!
And I wasn't the only one that was unhappy during each transaction.
I'm HAPPY the Grimes trade turned into a Mikal Bridges .. We really-really needed that trade to Brighten the Knicks offseason.

“Brighten the Knicks offseason” seriously!!
I see nothing to be happy about…, we will be talking about this same time next year.

Maybe most of you guys forgot about why the Knicks drafted Kevin Knox’s. Knox destroyed both the Bridges and somebody else( can’t remember his name) in Knicks work out. This is a Fact.., Knox avg 12 points a game his rookie year.
How do you not develop him after that season. They didn’t and made that catch all excuse that it was his defense.
But you turn around and start RJ who couldn’t defend my dead grandmother for 5 years.

Funny Fact…. At least you see what is going on in this organization.

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh Yeah .....
“Brighten the Knicks offseason” seriously!!
I see nothing to be happy about…, we will be talking about this same time next year.

Maybe most of you guys forgot about why the Knicks drafted Kevin Knox’s. Knox destroyed both the Bridges and somebody else( can’t remember his name) in Knicks work out. This is a Fact.., Knox avg 12 points a game his rookie year.
How do you not develop him after that season. They didn’t and made that catch all excuse that it was his defense.
But you turn around and start RJ who couldn’t defend my dead grandmother for 5 years.

Funny Fact…. At least you see what is going on in this organization.

HC Fiz Knicks season struggled at a poor .200 record during Knox & Mitch rookie year, having a level-5 to 3 type performance in the starters PG and SG (Mudiay, Burke, and Hardaway Jr.) running the Knicks 48 minute offense for Knox and Mitch Robinson rookie season. .. The poor Knicks had a 17 win season, receiving a 3rd lottery pick (RJ Barrett).

I wanted to see how well a lineup of Mitch, KP, and Knox do that season, after watching Mitch and Knox owned the Summer League Games. It didn't happen.
KP was injured the entire season, and traded in Feb.
In a way, I couldn't blame KP for demanding to be traded before the Feb, Deadline .. Having to deal with a Knicks organization having so many changes, 3 different new head-coaches, and two different Presidents, and GM's within KP 4 yr rookie contract. WOW!
And the next season .. Payton, RJ Barrett, and Randle dribbled the offense for a 21 win Knicks season.
Our HC Fiz told our new FA Julius Randle, before the season started, that Randle should start playing point forward and start bringing the ball down court. And Randle thought HC Fiz meant orchestrate the offense off the dribble LOL HC Fiz was fired during that season.

Our Knicks coaching staff didn't get it right until Mike Woodson arrive in 2020-21, then ex-Knicks Rick Brunson arrived in 2022-23.
That's when Jalen Brunson took over, inviting his Villanova winning teammates to the Knicks party.
PG/SG Brunson
SG Donte
SG/SF Josh Hart
SG/SF Mikal
@ the Knicks party we have
SG/SF/PF OG Anunoby
SF/PF Randle
And NBA Top defensive Center, and top offensive-rebounder Mitch Robinson.