Knicks on Bosh's wishlist and he could follow the King

New New York

Quiet Storm
You do have a point there....You are convincing me that the Knicks are actually in a really good spot. Better than Chicago, then why is everyone sucking off Chiacgo as if they will 100% get Lebron?

Problem is that we dont know what Bosh will do until we know lebron's intentions.

This is really what concerns me the most too....I think landing one of them would prompt the other, but who do we get first?

For sure if we got Bosh, NY would be Lebron's top destination, but would Bosh sign here not knowing if LBJ is coming?

And without Bosh, then NY is still a strong canidate, but nothing would be certain

so who moves first?

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I think that Bosh wants to be the #1 guy more than he wants to side with Lebron and that's why he's waiting for Lebron...... so he dosen't have to play second fiddle? (also don't think he'll go to Miami for the same reason) Just my thinking?

If he wants to be #1 he has to stay in Toronto. :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
The wise thing for Walsh to do is have a $72M 6 yr contract offer on David Lee breakfast table on July 1st.
this way if a ST is offered to Walsh by July 15th he have bargaining chips.
Lee will not get a better offer than that.
The Knicks is under the cap so the salaries dont have to match in a trade.

I never was a sucker for Donnie Walsh con game in getting Lebron James.
u never seen me post one comment on Lebron being a Knick. Im a realist.
A NBA team consist of 13 players not two allstars.

I would rather resign Lee & Barron as keepers, then sign Boozer without any sign n trade issues.
I would rather have Chandler & Harrington sharing the 48 minutes as our SF to go alongside of C-Barron, PF-Lee, and PF-Boozer, so we could get off to a winning start next season.
The "Project" Gallo was forced on us, he is not a PF. he is best as a backup SF.
With Lee getting 10.5M
Boozer getting 12.5M,
Barron getting 1.5M
the total comes up to ....this is the new-regime first season at rebuilding a Knick team with $10M to spend on two decent Guards.
The rest of the new players added will have to accept the minimum $$$.

smokes

Huge Member
The wise thing for Walsh to do is have a $72M 6 yr contract offer on David Lee breakfast table on July 1st.
this way if a ST is offered to Walsh by July 15th he have bargaining chips.
Lee will not get a better offer than that.
The Knicks is under the cap so the salaries dont have to match in a trade.

I never was a sucker for Donnie Walsh con game in getting Lebron James.
u never seen me post one comment on Lebron being a Knick. Im a realist.
A NBA team consist of 13 players not two allstars.

I would rather resign Lee & Barron as keepers, then sign Boozer without any sign n trade issues.
I would rather have Chandler & Harrington sharing the 48 minutes as our SF to go alongside of C-Barron, PF-Lee, and PF-Boozer, so we could get off to a winning start next season.
The "Project" Gallo was forced on us, he is not a PF. he is best as a backup SF.
With Lee getting 10.5M
Boozer getting 12.5M,
Barron getting 1.5M
the total comes up to ....this is the new-regime first season at rebuilding a Knick team with $10M to spend on two decent Guards.
The rest of the new players added will have to accept the minimum $$$.

Good post but I'd rather not resign Harrington when we have Chandler and Gallo already. Gallo is a better player than Harrington all over the court. Harrington maybe able to put in 25 a game every now and then but he's too streaky and poor defense.

Also don't see why you want to sign Boozer when we already have Lee. Even if Lebron is not "realistic" in your eyes there are plenty of other free agent options like Gay and Johnson who would fill a big hole in our roster.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Boozer and Lee fit pretty much the same role and they're alike in the sense that both are pretty bad defenders. If we got Boozer and Lee we'd get CRUSHED all over the frontcourt even worse than we already are (and that's hard to imagine).

We shouldn't re-sign Harrington, he's a decent player but he's a chucker and a ballhog. If we're going to re-sign folks we should re-sign Earl Barron and then go after FAs like Rudy Gay who could fill pretty big spots on our team. Better than signing Boozer, for one.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Berman is a bull shit artist.

Jay-Z needs to stick with what he is good at...making music and being a mascot for a major cigarette brand.

And Berman should stop making something from nothing.

Another NBA source - A Jay-Z spokesperson - Jay-Z reportedly spoke to the audience - But his friend Jay-Z just may have the most pull.

**** oooooooofffffff....

The only thing being pulled around here is Berman's wiener and he's pulling it all by himself.

Jay Z recruiting for the Knicks my anus. Why wouldn't James just wait out the 3 years in Cleveland if his prime's ahead of him?

New New York

Quiet Storm
But why would Lee agree to a sign and trade with Toronto when he can just sign with the Nets?

The Extra money is why! If Lee first signs with his current roster (The Knicks) then we could offer him a longer deal with higher annual pay increases. New Jersey (or any other team) could not give him that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think we have a good package for Bosh in a sign and trade as well. I think Lee for Bosh is WAY better than anything the Bulls could come up with (Lee >>> Deng by far), and Miami doesn't really have much to offer in a sign and trade. If we assume we're willing to S&T Lee for Bosh then there's no doubt that we have the best package to offer (Toronto's going to want a pretty good PF and Lee is one of the best in the league). The question is whether Walsh wants Lee or Bosh...and who knows?

The only valuable player CHI can offer in a S&T with TOR is Deng and that wouldn't make sense for TOR since they already have Turkoglu. Why would they take on his bad contract when he plays the same position they're already paying big money for?

CHI is not a player in the TOR S&T unless they include a 3rd team. MIA has no one either (Beasley = Turk)

dre48ny

Rotation player
I don't think a team can win a championship with Bosh as the #1 guy. Guys like Bosh need to team with other stars to win championships. I think that Bosh realizes to win a ring he must play with a superstar like Lebron.

Yeah i see Bosh as the second coming of Garnett where he couldn't do it all alone. Garnett was a top 5 player in his prime, but he needed some help. Just like Ewing did and never got that top player to help him.

Bosh and LeBron would be a heck of a duo, specially cause of LeBron's passing abilities and court vision. I think these 2 guys pair up and I hope its for us.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah i see Bosh as the second coming of Garnett where he couldn't do it all alone. Garnett was a top 5 player in his prime, but he needed some help. Just like Ewing did and never got that top player to help him.

Bosh and LeBron would be a heck of a duo, specially cause of LeBron's passing abilities and court vision. I think these 2 guys pair up and I hope its for us.

Bosh doesn't have Gay G's defensive abilities though. Not even close. And Bosh isn't a Top 5 player. But yes, if you put Bosh with Lebron it'd be amazing. But you could put anyone with Lebron and it'd be amazing lol.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. If a S&T is what it's going to take to get Bosh, the Knicks would EASILY have the leg up over the Bulls. David Lee is comparable, whereas Luol Deng isn't even close.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good post but I'd rather not resign Harrington when we have Chandler and Gallo already. Gallo is a better player than Harrington all over the court. Harrington maybe able to put in 25 a game every now and then but he's too streaky and poor defense.

Also don't see why you want to sign Boozer when we already have Lee. Even if Lebron is not "realistic" in your eyes there are plenty of other free agent options like Gay and Johnson who would fill a big hole in our roster.

I never wanted Harrington (Stephen Jackson yes), I just wanted Crawford traded. I never wanted Darko (Gasol brother yes), I just wanted Q.Richardson off the Knicks.
Harrington would make the best backup for SF-Wilson Chandler. Only a fool would think Chandler is a SG after the 2 previous seasons.

Yes, the Knicks have cap space to sign 2 max super-stars but......
The Knicks only have 4 players under contract before the 2010 draft.
We have to add 9 more players before the regular season start, not 2 players that will eat up 80% to 90% of all the cap space.

For the Knicks to have a .500 win season the Knicks will need "DEPTH" on the roster to run a 9 to 10 player rotation in the regular season with 2 superstars or without them, or risk injuries at a high percentage.

Joe Johnson is looking at his FA situation as being a top-5 starting SG the next 4 season, getting a championship ring within those 4 seasons will help his career after the NBA. So look for a sign n trade involving Joe Johnson.

Bosh last two seasons with the Raptors I compare equally with David Lee last 2 seasons with the Knicks.

Amare is in a good supportive situation in Phoenix with Nash & Richardson.
The Suns roster is 2 players away from making the Finals. This FA market will make that one player away.

I selected Boozer, Lee, and Barron b/c we have SF-Chandler & SF-Gallo as our wing players to help in the paint area. Plus their salary give us more cap space to sign two decent guards.

smokes

Huge Member
I never wanted Harrington (Stephen Jackson yes), I just wanted Crawford traded. I never wanted Darko (Gasol brother yes), I just wanted Q.Richardson off the Knicks.
Harrington would make the best backup for SF-Wilson Chandler. Only a fool would think Chandler is a SG after the 2 previous seasons.

Yes, the Knicks have cap space to sign 2 max super-stars but......
The Knicks only have 4 players under contract before the 2010 draft.
We have to add 9 more players before the regular season start, not 2 players that will eat up 80% to 90% of all the cap space.

For the Knicks to have a .500 win season the Knicks will need "DEPTH" on the roster to run a 9 to 10 player rotation in the regular season with 2 superstars or without them, or risk injuries at a high percentage.

Joe Johnson is looking at his FA situation as being a top-5 starting SG the next 4 season, getting a championship ring within those 4 seasons will help his career after the NBA. So look for a sign n trade involving Joe Johnson.

Bosh last two seasons with the Raptors I compare equally with David Lee last 2 seasons with the Knicks.

Amare is in a good supportive situation in Phoenix with Nash & Richardson.
The Suns roster is 2 players away from making the Finals. This FA market will make that one player away.

I selected Boozer, Lee, and Barron b/c we have SF-Chandler & SF-Gallo as our wing players to help in the paint area. Plus their salary give us more cap space to sign two decent guards.

But why Harrington over Gallo to backup the SF spot? You said yourself Gallo ideal role is SF backup.

Lee and Barron, sure, but why use another 14+ million on Boozer? Lee nor Boozer is a backup PF.

Yeah we are short of players but there is room to fill the roster even with the signing of 2 max/close to max. As an imaginary situation:

Chandler
Douglas
Gallo
Walker
Curry (total 18.5 million)

Lebron (16 million)
Lee (12 million)
Barron (1 million)
Draft pick 1 (500k)
Draft pick 2 (500k)

That puts as at roughly 49 million salary with 9 players under contract. A decent starting 5 (Douglas, Lebron, Gallo, Lee, Barron, I put Gallo in there as his range allows better synergy with Lebron in the starting unit), and Chandler plus a couple of picks on the bench. We are also left with 5-7 million salary remaining to fill out 2 roster spots (one vet minimum and one minimum?).

Obviously we are going to try hard to trade Curry for someone vaguely useful. Then we'd have Chandler, a vet and another player on the bench for depth +2 developing draftees. Not a bad bench.

Point is if we sign 1-2 max we are still able to make a decent unit.

Last edited: