Knicks to pursue Boozer?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55643/20081124/knicks_interested_in_carlos_boozer/

im all for it he gives us needed help down low and is still young and would be a great piece to help lure Lebron in 2010....him with LeBron and with our draft pick this year(Thabeet,Harden)-and Chandler and Nate thats a great core!

we need to trade Curry by Feb for the signing to be a possibility he's said he would like to play in Miami but the bright lights and Marketing of NY is too much to pass up

what are your thoughts
Boozer's contract is appealing, but I don't really see him as an appropriate fit given the 2010 plan. He's definitely a baller, I'm well aware of that. But given that there aren't a lot of centers in the 2010 free agent pool, I think we should stick to enticing a better 4 man.

High output centers are few and far between in the league these days. It's Bosh or bust I say. He's far more rounded on offense. Boozer is a big body though at 270lbs, but he has obviously benefited from Williams great play (although his numbers so far in 08/09 are 20 & 12 with Williams out) and we don't have a point man for him to be complemented by. He's not a one man force. Bosh is. Amare is a monster and can shoot but again, Bosh outdoes him with superior versatility.

We don't NEED imminent success and I think that would be the major factor behind Boozer's signing. He would however be available for trading come 2010, or re-signing after 2 other big name players have been signed. Gotta love a plan b. Those are pluses to get a roster more suited to newly signed players for better chemistry.

The meantime sucks a bit, but if you put all your eggs in one basket you have to deal with the immediate outcomes and wait for what you've set yourself up for.

I just gotta say I don't think it's a good move unless we trade him or re-sign him for a lot less than he's used to come signing time in 2010.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55643/20081124/knicks_interested_in_carlos_boozer/

im all for it he gives us needed help down low and is still young and would be a great piece to help lure Lebron in 2010....him with LeBron and with our draft pick this year(Thabeet,Harden)-and Chandler and Nate thats a great core!

we need to trade Curry by Feb for the signing to be a possibility he's said he would like to play in Miami but the bright lights and Marketing of NY is too much to pass up

what are your thoughts

This would be a great move....have Harrington and Boozer down low and have Lee come off the bench like he did last year...we would finally have a pretty solid front court.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
If walsh called with that trade Kevin O?Connor would do his due dillagence and weigh out the pro's and con's.
Here's the pro's: 2 contracts from players that are not really contributing on a regular basis either due to chronic injuries (Harpring) or inconsistency (Korver), A key player in Boozer who has already stated that he will opt out of the last year of his contract to try to sign with another team, so he will loose a key player at a key position. Marbury's contract alone wipes all 3 of their slaries off the books for Utah this year. Lee can step in a replace Boozer for Utah and he is young enough to still be developed to work within their system. CJ Miles and Brewer have been playing the bulk of the time; they are both very young and promising and Utah still has AK47 to play the 3 and 4 as well. Even if Lee doesn't resing with the Jazz, they still have 20 million to play with.

The Cons:
Boozer's game is more developed than Lee and he is proven while Lee is still solidifying his game and proving that he can perform year in and year out; you take more of a chance with Lee.
Like with every trade; this one could upset the chemistry of the team. I doubt that since Lee has proven to be a team player and does what ever the team asks of him.
Both of those scenarios could cause their season, this year, to tank.
<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJason%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>All of Harpring's nagging injuries could miraculously go away and he returns to the well rounded player that he's proven to be when he is able to play.

I also stated that I would throw in either a pick (still could trade a second round pick) or another player, like Nate (who's numbers are better than Korver's). It doesn't matter what they spend this and next year; both Korver's and Harpring's salary come off the books by 2010 and that's all that Walsh cares about.
What I was saying about potential 2010 free agent signings was; If the Knicks trade for Boozer and convince him not to opt out of his contract at the end of the year; in 2010 they could wait to resign him after they sign a free agent or 2 free agents. You can still sign your Veteran players even if you are capped out. So the Knicks could have enough cap room to make 2 free agent signings before resigning their own free agents... Get it?? Kobe, LaBron, Wade, Bosh. Amare, Joe Johnson..... All free agents in 2010...... Sign 2, then resign Boozer.....

<LINK href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJason%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>Don't see why you, so sarcastically, disagree with this scenario. So I say good morning to you and before you respond to future posts, scrub your brain out and think before you type.

Dont get me wrong I like the trade (not both nate and d-lee in it) but it seem to me like a fantasy league trade then a real one. Utah dont make the playoffs without boozer specialy that d-will is hurt and i dont think they are ready for that just yet. If they gonna feel like the season is sliping away they can do that trade mid season and get a lot more in return for an all star like boozer. I meant is basically lee for boozer since steph (dont fit their plans) and the other guyz are just fillers so it can make the trade work. On the other hand boozer ( he's gready see cleveland before) will demand the same money like lebron,wade,bosh, (arenas this season) stoudomire and even so he s very good (and someone will end up paying) he s not that good.
As for the knicks if we keep or buy out steph we gonna pay about 20 mill
this year but if we make this trade and boozer doesen't resign with us because of money or something else will end up paying about 45 mill to loose steph and d lee and have boozer for few months. Would you take that risk?
If it was curry(and his 3 more years) and d-lee or nate for boozer straigth would be even better but is not realistic. That s all.
By the way i didn't meant to be insulting or too sarcastic it just did not look realistic for me

peace man

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Dont get me wrong I like the trade (not both nate and d-lee in it) but it seem to me like a fantasy league trade then a real one. Utah dont make the playoffs without boozer specialy that d-will is hurt and i dont think they are ready for that just yet. If they gonna feel like the season is sliping away they can do that trade mid season and get a lot more in return for an all star like boozer. I meant is basically lee for boozer since steph (dont fit their plans) and the other guyz are just fillers so it can make the trade work. On the other hand boozer ( he's gready see cleveland before) will demand the same money like lebron,wade,bosh, (arenas this season) stoudomire and even so he s very good (and someone will end up paying) he s not that good.
As for the knicks if we keep or buy out steph we gonna pay about 20 mill
this year but if we make this trade and boozer doesen't resign with us because of money or something else will end up paying about 45 mill to loose steph and d lee and have boozer for few months. Would you take that risk?
If it was curry(and his 3 more years) and d-lee or nate for boozer straigth would be even better but is not realistic. That s all.
By the way i didn't meant to be insulting or too sarcastic it just did not look realistic for me

peace man

No Problem, I didn't know the intent behind the comment. As far as the trade scenario, my thought process behind it was this:
David Lee - He will be asking for a huge contract when the season is up and might even leave the Knicks because he was insulted that no contract discussions happened earlier. The Knicks might loose him anyway so they can either take a chance that he will resign for the money they want to offer him, use him as trade bait to attatch him to an Eddy Curry trade or they can use him to try to bring in another player that they want to keep on the team for the next 5 years or so.

I agree with you about the Jazz and Boozer to a point. They have shown that they can win with out him in the lineup. I think AK47 could step in a play the 5 spot pretty exffectivly, although he is not a strong as Boozer he can also add a part of the game that boozer doesn't have; an outside jump shot and 3 point ability. With Lee and AK47 sharing time at the 5, I think the Jazz would tremendously benifit from this trade. But, like you said, why would they trade him now when the team that they currently have is working and wining. It all comes down to whether or not the Jazz feel like they can keep Boozer after the end of this season and with out breaking the bank to do it. Lee will resign for less than Boozer, probably less than what he is making right now, but Lee is not as proven as Boozer is either.... That would be the decision making process for the Jazz!
As far as the Knicks go, you are right if the Knicks made this trade for boozer, he might still opt out of his contract at the end of the year forcing the Knicks to decide if they want to shell out money on a long term contract; just what Walsh didn't want to do. The trick would be to convince Boozer to not opt out because the Knicks want to surround him with 1 or 2 key free agent signings; LaBron, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson or Kobe...... And that they will sign him to a lucrative contract once the free agents are locked up. That would show alot about Boozer's charector. If he doesn't care; then you let him walk and use the money to replace him.

metrocards got banned!!!!!!

yeah I know..... that sucks dude was funny as hell. Now the only guy's on here that's going to post rediculous stuff that has nothing to do with any question/topic directed to him/her will be Metrocard and abcd. It seems that MSG is turning a new leaf...... maby?

jpz17

Starter
yeah I know..... that sucks dude was funny as hell. Now the only guy's on here that's going to post rediculous stuff that has nothing to do with any question/topic directed to him/her will be Metrocard and abcd. It seems that MSG is turning a new leaf...... maby?

dude look who's talking hypocrite.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Even if we could get Boozer...
Doesnt that hurt our chances to get LeBron? Boozer already bailed on LeBron 4 or 5 years ago, when he was 2nd best Cavs player. And LeBron didnt take it lightly.
Also, do we really want to hope Boozer stays healthy? He plays great these few years, but he had a really bad injury history before that. If he goes down with injury after getting max deal like he did once he signed with Utah, good bye year 2010 and LeBron chase!