Knicks Top 3 Free Agent Targets

finestrg

Rotation player
Just reading that both Wittman and his college teammate C Jeff Foote were both cut from their Poland team for some reason not too long ago. Very surprising:

http://www.mlbb.gr/feed-items/poland-zastal-zielona-gora-parts-ways-jeff-foote-and-ryan-wittman

Wittman, I've already discussed..Dude's a fantastic shooter -- always has been, always will be..I'd love for the Knicks to add a guy that can shoot like that, esp. if Shawne Williams doesn't return (even if he does, you figure D'Antoni would be able to find room for Wittman and his outside stroke in his system---MDA loves shooters)..Foote's a very interesting player as well. 7'1" 260 lbs. and skilled. He can play in the post, he's an excellent passer for a 7 footer and he can block a shot or two...This guy could be an alternative for us as well, esp. if we wind up empting the cupboard in a trade for Chris Paul. We could certainly do a lot worse.

Bringing in Wittman AND Foote together might be a good idea. We'd be covering two areas of need (a knock-down 3-pt shooter and a center who can actually play & contribute) plus I like the idea that these two already know each other and are familiar with each other having both played for Cornell and in Poland together. That's a plus chemistry-wise..Just a thought..

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Wittman simply didn't meet coaching staff expectations. He played several preseason games, but didn't really convince his team they should offer him a spot. Foote didn't play 100% and when asked to get more involved to what's happening on the court he announced he's flying back home. ZZG decied then to sign two NBA players instead, Gani Lawal (PHX) and Jordan Williams (NJN) to match with Walter Hodge (former Florida Gators guard). I believe if both Wittmand and Foote were sent back home and didn't impress a medicore overseas team then they're not worth to sign with Knicks.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
Take this with a grain of Salt since its Berman :machinegun:

but he is saying instead of Kwame we're looking at Alexis Ajinca whose played for Toronto and Dallas as a reserve.

Link

Key Facts:

Ajinca was drafted 20th by the Bobcats in 2008.

He is French and shares an agent with Turiaf (which probably means The Knicks know he will take a minimum 1 year deal)

Ajinca Has a European offensive style, as he can shoot the 3-pointer. He also can rebound and can be an athletic shot-blocker. He’s only 23

The say he is averaging 21ppg 10reb 4.5 Blks on 58% fg 90% Ft in the French League

GoodVib

Rookie
The say he is averaging 21ppg 10reb 4.5 Blks on 58% fg 90% Ft in the French League[/quote]

In fact, he only played 2 games in the french league...

If signed for 1 year with min salary, it would be a no-risk move and I think Ajinca could be a nice surprise

Wargames

Starter
The say he is averaging 21ppg 10reb 4.5 Blks on 58% fg 90% Ft in the French League

In fact, he only played 2 games in the french league...

If signed for 1 year with min salary, it would be a no-risk move and I think Ajinca could be a nice surprise

from reading the other thread it looks like he has a 2.9m cap hold.... So it looks like the knicks are trying to use the full MLE split on players who want a 1 year deal. My hope is he can be a more Offensive/Taller version Turiaf....

But like others had said if you can't get a decent center load up on Bigs for the available fouls and try to get the other teams center so pissed he fouls out.