Knicks Trade for Jerian Grant..Hawks Get Tim Bug Jr.

Broadway

All Star
I posted his workout in the "Draft Thread"...here it is again. I see a gem of a beast here. Galloway days are numbered

Paul1355

All Star
this was a good move. Grant is dynamic and led Notre Dame. Hardaway wasn't a fit on this team and is way too inconsistent

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He might be. Grant is one of the more NBA-ready players in the draft, and he's athletic with good shooting form and ball-handling skills. I'm not sure how much better he can get, but he's already played in the ACC for four years. He's going to be ready to contribute immediately.

Broadway

All Star
Grant rolls past Calderon in the rotation like a steamroller. Porzingis is the project and Grant is the day 1 contributor. This is an amazing trade for us.

I hope so in Grant's case, just seems like he will get it day 1 on the job otoh....When Phil openly says Porz is at least a yr away...he's probably 3yrs away. Phil gets a C+ from me tonight on the draft.

tiger0330

Legend
Grant rolls past Calderon in the rotation like a steamroller. Porzingis is the project and Grant is the day 1 contributor. This is an amazing trade for us.
Not sure about day 1 but Calderon sucks so it's possible that a big, athletic PG like Grant comes in and after a few months starts ahead of Calderon. He just needs to be given playing time and a chance by DFish.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Not sure about day 1 but Calderon sucks so it's possible that a big, athletic PG like Grant comes in and after a few months starts ahead of Calderon. He just needs to be given playing time and a chance by DFish.

Normally I wouldn't be so sure about Day 1 either, but this guy is a senior in college. He's played ACC-level basketball for four years already. Four years in the best basketball conference in the country? Yeah, he's probably ready to contribute immediately.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Melo really wants out of NY it's something the Knicks should consider. If we could get a bunch of first-rounders back with a good young player and build around those draft picks and Porzingis and Grant, it could be a better option rather than having Melo who, let's be honest, has some serious deficiencies in his game.

Paul1355

All Star
Don't be shocked if Calderon plays the 2 guard spot now that Hardaway is gone. If we retain Galloway and resign Shved (who should come back) then we basically have 4 combo guards.

Calderon is the best shooter of the 4 and plays well with a faster more athetic PG next to him. I see a Grant Calderon back court

Grant
Calderon
Melo
Monroe
Robin Lopez?

I think Porzingis is our sixth man (Nikola mirotic type)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Don't be shocked if Calderon plays the 2 guard spot now that Hardaway is gone. If we retain Galloway and resign Shved (who should come back) then we basically have 4 combo guards.

Calderon is the best shooter of the 4 and plays well with a faster more athetic PG next to him. I see a Grant Calderon back court

Grant
Calderon
Melo
Monroe
Robin Lopez?

I think Porzingis is our sixth man (Nikola mirotic type)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Good points Paul, could be but Calderon has to turn it around. He had a few good games but was for most of the season a reluctant shooter even when he wasn't injured. A rejuvenated Calderon and Grant becoming a starting PG for the Knicks with Zingis playing like Mirotic will go a long way to making the Knicks respectable.