Knicks turn down Randolph-Fernadez 3-way Deal

Toons

is the Bo$$
mello?

That's not true, either. That would only be true if we were over the cap when we made the Lee trade . . . but we weren't.

Does this open the mello trade topic back up then?

Cuz

Azubuike, Gallinari & Douglas for
Melo & a 1st round pick

#jusssayin

Paul1355

All Star

Cuz

Melo & a 1st round pick

#jusssayin
Toons, think long and hard....would you give up a super star and a 1st round pick for three young players?

I hope the answer is no.

The Nuggets would probably want from us, if Melo forces them to deal with us.....Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, and some 2nd round picks.

I would not do that deal but that is what they will probably ask for. They probably don't want Chandler if they can get Gallo or Randolph.

They would want Douglas to back up Ty Lawson who should be a starter. Billups is great but if Melo left, then Billups would be upset and could be traded to get value back.

Once Melo gets traded, the Nuggets are in rebuilding mode and starting with a lineup of possibly

Lawson
JR Smith
Gallo
Randolph
Nene

Is pretty good....with some picks from the knicks and a first round pick for Chauncey Billups.

This makes your idea of Douglas, Gallo, Azzy for Melo and 1st round seem like fantasy basketball bro lol. You gotta think of it on both sides.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Toons, think long and hard....would you give up a super star and a 1st round pick for three young players?

I hope the answer is no.

The Nuggets would probably want from us, if Melo forces them to deal with us.....Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, and some 2nd round picks.

I would not do that deal but that is what they will probably ask for. They probably don't want Chandler if they can get Gallo or Randolph.

They would want Douglas to back up Ty Lawson who should be a starter. Billups is great but if Melo left, then Billups would be upset and could be traded to get value back.

Once Melo gets traded, the Nuggets are in rebuilding mode and starting with a lineup of possibly

Lawson
JR Smith
Gallo
Randolph
Nene

Is pretty good....with some picks from the knicks and a first round pick for Chauncey Billups.

This makes your idea of Douglas, Gallo, Azzy for Melo and 1st round seem like fantasy basketball bro lol. You gotta think of it on both sides.

You are forgetting that they could lose Melo for nothing like Cleveland did with Lebron. If Melo seems to be heading towards FA they will trade Melo for pennies on the dollar.

Paul1355

All Star
You are forgetting that they could lose Melo for nothing like Cleveland did with Lebron. If Melo seems to be heading towards FA they will trade Melo for pennies on the dollar.
They know that if they trade Melo they will get value.

Some random team like the Kings or the T Wolves would trade everything, hoping Melo would stay with them, which he won't but a few teams would make that risk, maybe even the Nets, only Lopez is untouachable.

I just don't understnad Melo AND a 1st round, Denver wants picks not trading them away.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
They know that if they trade Melo they will get value.

Some random team like the Kings or the T Wolves would trade everything, hoping Melo would stay with them, which he won't but a few teams would make that risk, maybe even the Nets, only Lopez is untouachable.

I just don't understnad Melo AND a 1st round, Denver wants picks not trading them away.

Melo has a player option which means no team is going to trade value unless he agrees to an extend and trade. That means Melo effectively has a trade veto. If Melo wants NYC he can either wait for FA or force the Nuggets to trade him to NYC for peanuts.

P.S. I agree, the Nuggets want picks so they can rebuild.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So apparently this trade rumor is bullsh*t.

The only offer Donnie has made to Portland is to two 2nd rounders

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

Cuz

Melo & a 1st round pick

#jusssayin

Yep. It does. The belief that we could only trade away the Golden State players individually turned out to be entirely false. That rule would only apply to us if we had been over the cap when we traded David Lee. But we weren't.

Paul1355

All Star
So apparently this trade rumor is bullsh*t.

The only offer Donnie has made to Portland is to two 2nd rounders
If it was Chandler and two 2nd rounders that would be too much but something Portland would have to consider.

I can really see Chandler and 2nd round picks being shipped to Portland right before the season starts.

NYKnicks15

Starter
All on the same page now...

1. Anyone can get traded that we got in the David Lee deal cause we were under the cap when the deal was made. They can be traded in a package or on their own. Either or.

2. Anyone signed in FA this offseason cannot be traded until Dec 15.

3. This deal was proposed TO Donnie.

4. Donnie REJECTED it as he is standing to Wilson Chandler or 2 second rounders.

5. Anyone else glad we have Mr. Walsh right now? He can finish this job.. the RIGHT way.. hence why we will WAIT to get Carmelo next season.

ADDED: They are now trying to say that that story was inaccurate regarding this trade prop. The 1st round offer was made for Randolph with the idea (via the Pacers) of it going to Portland (to help us out). Dont let it twist ya.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
All on the same page now...

1. Anyone can get traded that we got in the David Lee deal cause we were under the cap when the deal was made. They can be traded in a package or on their own. Either or.

2. Anyone signed in FA this offseason cannot be traded until Dec 15.

3. This deal was proposed TO Donnie.

4. Donnie REJECTED it as he is standing to Wilson Chandler or 2 second rounders.

5. Anyone else glad we have Mr. Walsh right now? He can finish this job.. the RIGHT way.. hence why we will WAIT to get Carmelo next season.

ADDED: They are now trying to say that that story was inaccurate regarding this trade prop. The 1st round offer was made for Randolph with the idea (via the Pacers) of it going to Portland (to help us out). Dont let it twist ya
that is still a horrible move for us...Randolph is better and has so much more potential than Rudy.

Chandler and the two 2nd rounders for Rudy is still too much but something Donnie might consider offering.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Portland wants nothing to do with Chandler.

Don't we have four 2nd round picks? Why can't we offer three 2nd round picks + either Fields or Walker. That seems like a very good offer to me.

What the hell are we going to do about SG? Is Mason really going to be our starting SG? Yikes.

Paul1355

All Star
Portland wants nothing to do with Chandler.

Don't we have four 2nd round picks? Why can't we offer three 2nd round picks + either Fields or Walker. That seems like a very good offer to me.

What the hell are we going to do about SG? Is Mason really going to be our starting SG? Yikes.
mason did start over 70 games for the Spurs when he was healthy two years ago...I don't have a problem with his starting now. He is probably the best clutch shooter on our basketball team.

And just imagine Amare getting the ball down low, if he gets double teamed he has Gallo and Mason open at the arc who can hit open shots with ease.

Amare and Mason would compliment each other better than Chandler would.

Even Walker would be great with Amare because of his outside shot.

Which is why Rudy would be so good as a starter, because of his ability to shoot the three ball.

Chandler doesn't exploit that role offensively, he just helps out on defense.

mafra

Legend
Too bad we made that Jeffries trade. Hill and a 1st rounder probably gets it done with POR.

Right now, I think Walsh would deal Chandler for Rudy. He realizes Wilson is the better player, with more upside, but he envisions Fernandez having more worth for this team. A better fit for what we're building.

BUT, POR might be doing us a favor. If Wilson responds well to this 6th man role, comes in and scores points. Plays some quality defense, locks down som scorers, and is a force (3rd option) for us as a go-to guy in the 4th.... Is a real slasher who shows improvement in his jumper.... His value will skyrocket.

I think people are worried about his injury, the pot thing, and wonder about his dedication to being as good a player as he can be. Josh Howard or Trevor Ariza?

Letting Chandler play with Felton, Amar'e and Turiaf might bring out the best in him. This means Knicks get a real star, or a legit trade piece at the deadline to get Carmelo.

Right now Wilson Chandler can't even get you Rudy. That should slap Wilson in the face for sure. Hope it does.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Would you trade Randolph for love I think I would but what is your opinion d'antoni likes euro basketball style play and I think he is shocking a lot of people at the worlds he is arguably one of the best passing power forwards in the league also he has a nice jump shot

With a line up of
Felton
Chandler
Gallo
Love
Amare
With a second string of
Douglas
Mason
Walker
Turiaf
Mozgov
Then rautins fields as bench players then buike and curry on injury reserve
I know most of you would be weary with amare at center but there are only two legitimate centers that are good in the eastern conference Boston has Shaq and Perkins and Orlando has Howard and gortat the double power forward approach might be the best thing considering love is a rebounding beast and he came off the bench last season

I would! Love's game is really well-rounded. He's young, rebounds, can shoot, knows what he's doing and he looks like he don't take any sh*t. I think D'ant would start him at center in a heartbeat w Amare @ PF.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Too bad we made that Jeffries trade. Hill and a 1st rounder probably gets it done with POR.

Right now, I think Walsh would deal Chandler for Rudy. He realizes Wilson is the better player, with more upside, but he envisions Fernandez having more worth for this team. A better fit for what we're building.

BUT, POR might be doing us a favor. If Wilson responds well to this 6th man role, comes in and scores points. Plays some quality defense, locks down som scorers, and is a force (3rd option) for us as a go-to guy in the 4th.... Is a real slasher who shows improvement in his jumper.... His value will skyrocket.

I think people are worried about his injury, the pot thing, and wonder about his dedication to being as good a player as he can be. Josh Howard or Trevor Ariza?

Letting Chandler play with Felton, Amar'e and Turiaf might bring out the best in him. This means Knicks get a real star, or a legit trade piece at the deadline to get Carmelo.

Right now Wilson Chandler can't even get you Rudy. That should slap Wilson in the face for sure. Hope it does.
Ok first off the Jeffries trade was awesome. We got rid of an almost un tradeable Isiah cancer that had horrible numbers as a Knick starter.

Second problem, Jordan Hill and a first round pick is not worth Rudy F straight up.

Hill averaged decent numbers on the rockets with over 6 ppg, 5 rbpg in only 16 min....that PLUS a 1st round pick......No thats Isiah style.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya. Hill --or-- the 1st would have gotten it done.

A #8 big lotto rookie has some pretty legit value whether or not a fanbase is a bitter that a project got the nod over a bigtime playmaking Jennings pg.

Results-wise, the Jeffries trade was a flop, but it was still an astute move by Donnie.

Lebron was worth assuring we had a theoretical chance (accomplished), because realistically we had such a good shot at actually landing him (accomplished).

That we didn't makes the trade pretty horrific in hindsite, especially when the competition (MIA notably) made us look chumpish in the value they got for their rags.

But even if we had a given 20% chance at James I'd have signed up. And its pretty apparent it was MUCH higher, and only a last minute existential meltdown by Lebron himself reversed the decision and logic of his professional/business advisors. The same logic Donnie intuited and banked on.

Still. Would we even have needed to dump Giraffe to do what we needed to do this OS...Let's just hope Hill really flames and Rudy doesnt do much.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If we hadn't traded Jeffries, we would not have been able to sign Felton + retain Lee's Bird Rights (which got us Randolph +). There would have only been enough cap space to sign Amare and Felton. We wouldn't have had enough cap space to sign Amare and retain Lee's Bird Rights.

So essentially, trading Jeffries got us Randolph. I can live with that.