So now it's "Trade Melo"?:whack:
Please review the above arguments (such as Melo can't lead etc...) and put things into perspective (such as realizing it's a "TEAM" sport and on this TEAM Melo was about 87% of who we were in the playoffs while the remaining cast produced about 13%....hello!).
And just to make it easier understand this:
You haters propose "TRADE MELO" because he can be traded; he's a valuable asset; and he's still young and tradable even with a max contract.
STAT on the other hand is on a max contract also, was a quasi-MVP, and some haters here argue to keep him and trade Melo (although the playoff stats indicate Melo was more important to whatever little success we had). STAT cannot be traded because NO ONE WANTS HIM at his price, get it?
For all my morons... thats called demand.
THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN AND THE MARKET DISAGREES WITH YOU MORON. Please let those who know what the **** they are doing, do it. JUST STFU you're too simple to understand.
This goes out to:
JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman
No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.
Im not saying trade Melo but if we are all okay with the knicks being a second round contender every year than why not keep him? Melo and his defense are very shaky and i dont see him command the locker room, at this point in a "superstars" career we should never worry about how good your weight is and whether or not you quit on your coach. Come on. Melo is a top 3 talent but has the mindset of just being good enough. I can understand if Melo has maxed out his potential but its obvious he doesnt try and his dedication to his craft is not on the same level as the true superstars in this league. In just 5 years Durant is the second best player and a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Melo. Melo has never been a top 5 player and likely he never will, he to me is a 1a 1b type of player where he needs another superstarat his wing to make up for his flaws.