LeBron & DWade

tiger0330

Legend
I hope he's wrong but Daryl Morey the GM of the Rox was interviewed about the trade with the Knicks and was asked about the Knicks strategy of freeing up cap space to sign FAs. He thought it was implausible because of the amount of money a FA signing with a new team has to give up, he said it's like 30M that a max guy would lose if he signs with a new team versus his old one. A lot of guys here think that players are tripping over themselves to come to NY but is it really a priority rather than his bottom line.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I hope he's wrong but Daryl Morey the GM of the Rox was interviewed about the trade with the Knicks and was asked about the Knicks strategy of freeing up cap space to sign FAs. He thought it was implausible because of the amount of money a FA signing with a new team has to give up, he said it's like 30M that a max guy would lose if he signs with a new team versus his old one. A lot of guys here think that players are tripping over themselves to come to NY but is it really a priority rather than his bottom line.

That is a good point. LBJ would be giving up 30 million to sign with the Knicks. That is a ALOT of bread to give up, even for him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wage - 1 time NBA cham
Amare - Played for D'Antoni before

I think they are better on the 7 secs or less system. That's all. :afro:
Fair enough. I have to disagree.

Remember when Amar'e stated publicly when there was talk of him or Bosh signing in NY soon after the 2010 plan was brought to light:

Back in New York, ESPN Radio's Brandon Tierney had Amare Stoudemire on this morning and reiterated remarks about his desire to play for Mike D'Antoni in 2010 while boasting about being better than Chris Bosh. Stoudemire told The Post similar stuff during All-Star Weekend.
When Tierney asked Stoudemire if he's better than Bosh, the Suns forward said, "Oooh man, are you kidding me? Ask Chris Bosh that question."
So that's a yes?
"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh"
"How serious will you consider the Knicks in 2010"?
"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff"
" I think Coach D'Antoni's doing a phenomenal job with the Knicks, NY's a great city, I follow them closely."
Bosh or Stoudemire? Your call.

If it's my call, I'd go for Bosh.

Better all round.
No knee reconstruction.
Eye ball isn't hanging by a thread.
Younger.
Smarter.
Better.

Paul1355

All Star
Do you think there is any chance that Donnie offers both of them contracts on July 1 & makes the case-

"Fellas....this is a once in a lifetime chance. A chance to make history & do what has never been done before..."

1. Will they bite?
2. Would it work? LeBron, Wade, Gallinari, Chandler, possibly Curry but whatever other minimum vets to round out the roster. What kind of success do you see that team having?

LeBron & Bosh seems to be the more sound strategy, but I am not sold that Bosh's max money wouldn't be better spent on David Lee AND another solid player.

But LeBron AND Wade would be something too big to imagine. Imagine the hype the Knicks would get.

They were awesome together and its REALLY tempting from any point of view whether your Wade or Lebron....you have a chance to be in NY, the Mecca, all the signings from Nike you want, to be WITH D WADE! Biggest stage....these guys would be bigger than Kobe in LA...FACT

This would be huge BUT being realistic....i dont know...D wade love Miami so we'll see...but Lebron has to leave Cleavland.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Fair enough. I have to disagree.

Remember when Amar'e stated publicly when there was talk of him or Bosh signing in NY soon after the 2010 plan was brought to light:

If it's my call, I'd go for Bosh.

Better all round.
No knee reconstruction.
Eye ball isn't hanging by a thread.
Younger.
Smarter.
Better.

That was back when he actually thought Dantoni was doing a great job. I'm sure he's seen the atrocity since then. I think all this talk of players wanting to play for Dantoni is overrated. He's nothing special really.

bigyi21

Rookie
I just cant see how Lebron is coming here. I wish to god he or d wade would be a knick but I just cant see it..
First off he will be an NBA immortal if he stays in CLE and wins championships there in his own hometown. Also the Cavs have done everything possible to keep Lebron happy. If he turns them down the whole city would flip on him and his family who all reside there. Is it worth it for him to go through that considering he will still make TONS of money if he stays in CLE.
If he wins a championship how could he walk out on them. If he doesnt win one how could he be the one responsible for leaving the Cavs franchise in disarray.
I just dont see him leaving only because I see him going down as one of the nba immortals and for that to happen he would have to stay in CLE.

th3realicon

Rotation player
No that is simply saying that his home town is LI not NY. So based on your comparisons i should start getting ny Brooklyn Nets gear going since i am from Brooklyn?

bigyi21

Rookie
No that is simply saying that his home town is LI not NY. So based on your comparisons i should start getting ny Brooklyn Nets gear going since i am from Brooklyn?

Bro there is no other NBA teams in ohio except Cleveland. So weather he is from akron or anywhere else in Ohio im sure all the people in Ohio are calling him their own...

LeFlume

All Star
What NBA franchise do the people in Akron root for?
Thats like saying someone saying if someone is born in Long Island the hometown team is not the Knicks.

Ask LeBron about loyalty and his hometown and tell me if his answer is Cleveland. He doesn't owe the city of Cleveland anything. They owe him everything. LeBron put that dead city on the map again. But he have always made it very very clear that his hometown and loyalty is to Akron Ohio.