Looks like Amar`e and knicks is real close

mafra

Legend
Bosh is a tool. He couldn't even get his team into the Eastern Confernce playoffs. I love LEE, and I still hope he (1) agrees to stay for 10 mil a year or (2) agrees to a sign-n-trade.

But Amar'e is the better player.

I can even live with overpaying.... even accept the injury history. Sure, this is a roll of the dice. About time we catch a break, no?

Anyway, the ONE THING THAT DOES CONCERN ME is why Amar'e is coming to NY. I mean, are we his fallback plan? Is he taking the most money and that's that? But, most important, does he care about winning?

I don't want him to come to NYC just to collect a paycheck, go thru the motions, and soth & sarlic.

I can accept him accepting the highest bid, but now I want him to embrace the setting, the city and to accept the responsibility that comes along with taking the max money.

NO let's surround him with a tier-B and 2 tier-C free agents, use Lee in a sign and trade, or deal Chandler, and save Curry for a mid-season deal (or snag another max next year).

JUST LIKE OLD TIMES.... Let Lebron go to NJ or CHI, or stay in CLE.... Let's now build a team to beat LJ (if he chickens out).

Amar'e-Gallo are the present. Let's hope Douglas-Walker-Chandler grow into their own.

Let's find a PG, a sniper and a C and then let's go to war!

I'm sorry, but Lee personifies dedication and hard work and he is young, healthy and continually improving his game. I think if you lose him to another team for $10-$12mm, then it will come back to haunt the Knicks.

If all you add is Stat and someone like Raymond Felton (based on rumors) with the current roster I can't see any chance of even considering a championship for years to come. I do not want too be negative at this point, but the combination of losing on Lebron, Wade and Bosh and not seeing Lee on the court for the Knicks next year is a major disappointment to me.

mafra

Legend
I'm sorry, but Lee personifies dedication and hard work and he is young, healthy and continually improving his game. I think if you lose him to another team for $10-$12mm, then it will come back to haunt the Knicks.

If all you add is Stat and someone like Raymond Felton (based on rumors) with the current roster I can't see any chance of even considering a championship for years to come. I do not want too be negative at this point, but the combination of losing on Lebron, Wade and Bosh and not seeing Lee on the court for the Knicks next year is a major disappointment to me.

Lee wont sign for 10 mil a year. Maybe he would have last year. Too much money is being thrown around. I love Lee as well. BUT, we've upgraded the PF position. Simple as that. I would love to bring Lee back for 10 mil and sign Morrow for 4 mil, and go to war.

moneyg

Starter
if we strike out on boshand wade cuz its looks like they both might sign with chi town....and then lebron... then i would luv to have lee back for 11 per and bring in felton and wesly matthwes.. i think that a serious team

felton/td
walker/mathews/rautins
gallo/chandler/fields
amare/lee/baron/jordan

looks good to me

Red

TYPE-A
While the rest of us are reading up on those topics, maybe you can brush up on risk vs reward and team building. You don't just "make moves" to be exciting and different. There has to be a defined goal.

LMAO!

Yes. Get better.

Amare > Lee. Hello.

New New York

Quiet Storm
How is Lee better than Stat or Bosh AND cheaper, yet no team is even considering him until they absolutely have to?

That was rhetorical.

"Rather have" is a personal preference...

and I get it... he was drafted a Knick.

But the truth is, Lee is known as the WORST defensive big in the league by everyone around the league... as reported again today.

I need no more response to this tired subject... it's just really disappointing to hear fans think...

that maybe, with the right combination, Lee has more value than those two. SMH.

Economics, supply & demand, time will tell, hind sight, beggers vs choosers, etc...

these are some of the topics some of you could be reading up on. instead of KOL!

Lee may be the worst defensive big....But Amare is a close second!

Yeah the fact that Lee was drafted a Knick means a lot! The dude suffers through the Isiah years, and the cap clearing years, gets chosen to be an All Star and we pass on him for a player that does not represent that much of an upgrade! Yes that is disrespectful! If we let Dave walk for Lebron, then not even David Lee could blame us for that, but for Amare....

Not saying Amare isnt a better player than Lee...but is he 40 million dollars better? 40 million is the difference in a Jamal Crawford contract vs. a Kobe Bryant contract, is Amare that much better than Lee? Nope!

Lee is literally more valuable, because the difference in their salary gives NY more flexability!

Look if we signed Lee for a 60 million dollar deal, that is a movable contract in, other words he would still have trade value.....we sign Amare for a max deal, then he is ours for better of worst! Can you say Eddy Curry!

Not to mention....the major difference between Amare and any of the other Big Name FA's is that he is the only one who's current team did not want to offer a Max Contract to! So why is that not a Major Red Flag for us!

Atl. Has offered Johnson a max

Dwade and Lebron you already know they are getting a max

Dirk will get a max from Dallas

Bosh will get a max offer from Tor.

yet.....Amare is not getting that sort of love, you know why......he is not a max player!

Lee and Amare both are liabilities on the defensive end, how Lee rebounds evens out with Amare's ability to block a shot or two (coming off the weak side), they are both around the same age, and they both need a defensive center to compliment them. Ok...Amare dunks the ball a little harder!

I'll admit it, Amare is probably going to attract another big Time FA way more than Lee could....so if that is why we are doing it, then cool! But, again if this is going to represent our big off season signing....then this was dumb considering we had Lee!

Mark my words if we let Lee walk as a result of Amare, and all we get out of this is Amare, we will all be pissed off this time next year!

New New York

Quiet Storm
While the rest of us are reading up on those topics, maybe you can brush up on risk vs reward and team building. You don't just "make moves" to be exciting and different. There has to be a defined goal. For years Isiah brought in big names just for the "excitement." How did that work out for us???? How many more Stephon Marburys, Zach Randolphs, Stevie Franchises, T-Macs do we have to go through until we learn teams are built in the draft. Free-agents fill holes you couldn't adress in the draft. Go back and look at the NBA champs from the last 30 years. Lakers drafted Majic, Celts Bird, Pistons Isiah, Rockets Hakeem, San Antonio Duncan, Pierce Celts, Kobe Lakers and the list goes on. You have to identify players on your team to build around. Amare has more physical talent than D. Lee, but didn't go to college so he never learned fundamentals or work ethic. Big men esp. need those tools. You pay Amare all that money and he will turn into the second coming Steph. Not trying to disrespect your opinion because you don't diss others in your posts, but I can't wrap my head around why you are so over D. Lee. I think he is a player we can build around, not let walk for nothing.

well said!

I agree. Lee is one of those quiet underestimated players who day in and day out gets the job done. He has to be one of the most consistent players around and he is truly the only good thing that emerged from the Isiah fiasco. He is a positive influence and a fan favorite.

I think the Knicks lose more than just a good player if he signs elsewhere.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I think Amare and Bosh are similar players. Amare is more explosive and physical than Bosh, and Bosh gets pushed around in the post a lot. If Bosh is a more consistent rebounder, but Amare as a lot of big rebounding games, then just disappears on the boards other days. i don't understand how someone with his ability gets 16-20 rebounds one game and 4 rebounds the next. It's confusing.

Amare is a number two guy. We NEED a number one guy. I like the dispute with the D Lee. He is a very underrated player, and not much of a downgrade from Amare. Bosh isn't much of an upgrade from D Lee. He actually passes the ball better than both and both Amare and Lee move without the ball better than Bosh. Unless the system Bosh plays for as something to do with it.

I hope we don't give Amare 20 million/year. I think 15 is fine. 5 million is going to help us get a PG like felton. I would love to get Melo though. I know he is a FA next season, but his game is sick.

Red

TYPE-A
Lee may be the worst defensive big....But Amare is a close second!

Yeah the fact that Lee was drafted a Knick means a lot! The dude suffers through the Isiah years, and the cap clearing years, gets chosen to be an All Star and we pass on him for a player that does not represent that much of an upgrade! Yes that is disrespectful! If we let Dave walk for Lebron, then not even David Lee could blame us for that, but for Amare....

We'll "letting" is a strange use of words, as I would assume we show Lee enough respect to expect him to see what's out there and make HIS own decision based on the offers he gets. Am I also to assume you think we won't even make him an offer? C'mon?

Not saying Amare isnt a better player than Lee...but is he 40 million dollars better? 40 million is the difference in a Jamal Crawford contract vs. a Kobe Bryant contract, is Amare that much better than Lee? Nope!

Lee is literally more valuable, because the difference in their salary gives NY more flexability!

Look if we signed Lee for a 60 million dollar deal, that is a movable contract in, other words he would still have trade value.....we sign Amare for a max deal, then he is ours for better of worst! Can you say Eddy Curry!

Isn't that the point? How much better monetarily is your opinion. Us having to pay to improve our club because players want to use us for our dough, and we have no pics, nor patience, is a fact I've accepted. O yeah... more dough and flexibility coming up.

Not to mention....the major difference between Amare and any of the other Big Name FA's is that he is the only one who's current team did not want to offer a Max Contract to! So why is that not a Major Red Flag for us!

Atl. Has offered Johnson a max

Dwade and Lebron you already know they are getting a max

Dirk will get a max from Dallas

Bosh will get a max offer from Tor.

yet.....Amare is not getting that sort of love, you know why......he is not a max player!

Not sure if Bosh got Max offer from TOR, but at this point...

I don't care who or what the f*ck another team is doing! I do know that my team will field a competitive product next year. And I know my team now has mad dough and it happens to be a free agent bonanza! Lee will get his offers, you b*tchin' and he aint even leave yet.

Lee and Amare both are liabilities on the defensive end, how Lee rebounds evens out with Amare's ability to block a shot or two (coming off the weak side), they are both around the same age, and they both need a defensive center to compliment them. Ok...Amare dunks the ball a little harder!

I don't know what the hell you're saying here but...

I guess you're starting to come around.

I'll admit it, Amare is probably going to attract another big Time FA way more than Lee could....so if that is why we are doing it, then cool! But, again if this is going to represent our big off season signing....then this was dumb considering we had Lee!

Mark my words if we let Lee walk as a result of Amare, and all we get out of this is Amare, we will all be pissed off this time next year!

Hello MCFLY!!!!! That's the point!!!!!! Could've just said this. We know you and others love Lee.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
looks like amar'e feels he can bring Lebron to join him in NY and supposedly he's been texting Parker about joining him in NY so we could have ourselves a nice team going into next season with or without LBJ

Parker
Walker?
Gallo
Amare
Haywood

thats a 4-5 seed. that can make a run still a few pieces away though. i'd go to war with this team though.