Loss in CLE shows Knicks are Frauds

Paul1355

All Star
Loss in CLE shows this team was a fraud.

People actually got excited b/c we went 1-2 at home instead of 0-3.

This team is nothing more than a 41 or so team. 1st round 4-1 loss.

That's it.

I'm not getting excited about that at all.

TRADE THEM ALL to get Carmelo.

Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Randolph. All of them.

Get ready for a 4-15 type stretch from this team. Brace yourself.

Chandler & Gallo are frauds. Douglas and Randolph shouldn't even be in the NBA.

WAS almost beats MIA. They should have, until refs awarded them 7 free throws in 17 seconds while ignoring two blatant fouls on WAS players.

Knicks are more like that 3-8 record then that amazing run they went on.

This loss is also a direct result of D'ant's foolish 7-8 man tight rotation.

It's almost unbelievable how this team always responds to success, with devasting fashion. How quickly they can evaporate hope and PUFF, there it all goes.

Raise your hand if you circled this game and absolutely knew it was a loss.

I had no doubt. After "dream" week... This had loss all over it.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Another night where defense is something they play in rugby. Another night where Gallo-Chandler simply shrink from standing up and actually carrying the team to a victory.

Call DEN.... trade everyone and anyone except Felton, STAT & Fields.

GALLO goes 1-10 from 3-point range! I want him traded so badly. So sick of this kid's act.
Bro I think your hating over one bad loss

I was about to yell for Mike D's head before he won 13 out of 14 games

So i am conservative right now

We need melo, no doubt

With Melo we could have beaten the Celtics, stayed in the game with Miami, and crushed Cleveland.

With Gallo we get streak shooting and he isnt drawing fouls as much as before.

We need consistency and Gallo will take some time to develop that

Make Amare, Felton, and Fields and maybe even Chandler un tradeable and get Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! I missed the game but I did check the stat-sheet.

Is Toney Douglas playing awful? nah, I dont think so!
When Felton plays 40+ minutes that allows Douglas to be
apart of the offense for 7 minutes (of garbage time).
Felton (just like Duhon) does not allow Douglas to be apart
of the offense when the two players are on the court together.
Douglas would have to man-handle the ball away from Felton
the same as Steve Jackson did on the Bobcats to become apart
of the offense.

After I get finish watching the Giants vs Philly Mr. Vick game, I will watch
the Knicks vs Cavs game (on MSG) to see how well Felton did in getting
Fields/Chandler/Gallo into the offense (there is no reason for Gallo to go 1-10
from the 3-ball line), while Felton takes 19 fga as the Knicks playmaker for 44 minutes.
Toney Douglas is in his developing stage at improving his "playmaking-skills"
in his second season in the NBA. When Douglas is allowed to lead the point
on offense it improves Douglas tactics on defense on every mistake he makes
on offense.
We have been using Toney Douglas to take all the defensive-pressure off of
Felton, but not rewarding Douglas by letting Douglas be the "playmaker" on
offense with a certain unit (lineup) to gell and get familiar with.

I been watching that young backup PG-Ismael Smith on the Houston
Rockets, every time PG-Smith comes off the bench u can see a smile on "PF-
Jordan Hill" face b/c PG-Smith make it his duty to get Jordan Hill in on the
offense for 6+ points on pick n roll or alley-oops. Adding a 6.6 SG-Terrence
Williams with great passing-skills to the Rockets 2nd unit of young raw talent
PF-Patterson / PF- Hill / and PG-Smith is a hellava "development-lineup" gellin
to become a tough monster lineup by midseason.

The Jets vs STEELERS game at 4;00 pm will be another sad occasion for Sanchez......

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
wouldn't rip be "old" by then i mean teams are not really interested now.gotta be a reason

Teams do not want his 3 years ($12,650,000.00 flat per year). If he is breaking down by the third year you can use his expiring contract as a trade chip. RIP has a few years left, not worried...

la2ny

Starter
Teams do not want his 3 years ($12,650,000.00 flat per year). If he is breaking down by the third year you can use his expiring contract as a trade chip. RIP has a few years left, not worried...
hmmm i'd rather jimmer frediette if thats how you spell it lol

iSaYughh

Starter
Damn! I missed the game but I did check the stat-sheet.

Is Toney Douglas playing awful? nah, I dont think so!
When Felton plays 40+ minutes that allows Douglas to be
apart of the offense for 7 minutes (of garbage time).
Felton (just like Duhon) does not allow Douglas to be apart
of the offense when the two players are on the court together.
Douglas would have to man-handle the ball away from Felton
the same as Steve Jackson did on the Bobcats to become apart
of the offense.

After I get finish watching the Giants vs Philly Mr. Vick game, I will watch
the Knicks vs Cavs game (on MSG) to see how well Felton did in getting
Fields/Chandler/Gallo into the offense (there is no reason for Gallo to go 1-10
from the 3-ball line), while Felton takes 19 fga as the Knicks playmaker for 44 minutes.
Toney Douglas is in his developing stage at improving his "playmaking-skills"
in his second season in the NBA. When Douglas is allowed to lead the point
on offense it improves Douglas tactics on defense on every mistake he makes
on offense.
We have been using Toney Douglas to take all the defensive-pressure off of
Felton, but not rewarding Douglas by letting Douglas be the "playmaker" on
offense with a certain unit (lineup) to gell and get familiar with.

I been watching that young backup PG-Ismael Smith on the Houston
Rockets, every time PG-Smith comes off the bench u can see a smile on "PF-
Jordan Hill" face b/c PG-Smith make it his duty to get Jordan Hill in on the
offense for 6+ points on pick n roll or alley-oops. Adding a 6.6 SG-Terrence
Williams with great passing-skills to the Rockets 2nd unit of young raw talent
PF-Patterson / PF- Hill / and PG-Smith is a hellava "development-lineup" gellin
to become a tough monster lineup by midseason.

The Jets vs STEELERS game at 4;00 pm will be another sad occasion for Sanchez......

Dude. Douglas was getting quality, "non garbage" minutes for a while. He had a couple monster games and then he went into a humungous "playmaking" slump while also being a horrible distributor. He was brutal. And he isn't Ishmael Smith.

And he hasn't shown anything since his brutal slump. His low minutes coincided with our humungous win streak with Felton leading the way along with STAT.

You talk like it's a bad thing that Felton "won't let Douglas do his thing". I.e. Bc Felton has been so good, and why we had that mammoth win streak. Douglas doesn't deserve shit; his game isn't copaceitc to being a quality backup PG on this team. Maybe a playmaking off the bench spark and defensive skills.

We need Douglas to play a better game. Or someone. Which is why we are shopping for a backup PG. Douglas isn't that man. We need someone who can work the p&r and play an up-tempo but controlled game.

iSaYughh

Starter
Wow can you read. Who is talking championship, patience is the key to making your team better. Making quick moves just for the sake of moronic fans is what puts your team over the cap. It also makes it alot harder to make moves. As we get closer to the deadline everything will pan out.. That is when you need to make your choice to buy or sell not in December.

Melo being an upgrade and worthwhile addition won't change between now or the day before the deadline. It is what it is.

But I agree you wait as long as possible to make the best judgement on exactly what you give up, and don't give up quality players like Gallo and Wilson like you can't wait to take out the trash, bc we lost one lame game.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Well, D'antoni put this loss on the players:

"This game was lost defensively," D'antoni said. "We would go up six, seven points and get complacent. We caved in, decided to just do the easiest thing. I knew this would be a tough game. It was gut-check time. I knew it would be a test and we failed the test."

I love how the coach calls out the effort on defense. The players should call out the coach's effort to practice defense.

This game was lost b/c he played Gallo for 29 minutes. Chandler for 40. BOth were lousy tonight. This was the night to give Williams and others their due, to earn more minutes in the rotation.

Instead, we go with an injured Douglas and the ineffective duo.

The Knicks were a combined 11-for-32 in the fourth quarter and overtime.
"Just looked like we caved into 'Let's just do the easiest thing,' " D'Antoni said. "We got frustrated by contact, but instead of fighting through it, we gave up to it. It's a little bit of a gut check today. The first sign of contact we backed off. We have to take the fight to them."

---

This is what's so alarming. I don't think Chandler-Gallo have the makeup to ever be a force in the post season. They shy away from regular season contact. The physical nature of post season nba is too much for them to handle.

While i agree with you, I think your looking way to much into just 3 games and not seeing the big picture. Certainly I agree with you that there should be no sacred cows and anybody not named Amar'e Stoudmire should be available for the right price. As for Wilson and Gallo I think that overall Gallo is the easiest to replace and that his herky-jerky style will not be missed assuming we can acquire Melo. Now I am a big Chandler fan sure, but I feel that all he needs is to taste the playoffs for one season and he will learn to deal with pressure a little bit better. As for right now he struggles in the 4th quarter I will give you that, but I still think hanging on to him and Fields will be the best move for right now. If we can trade for Melo and manage to resign Chandler at a reasonable price, he will either improve and work out for us or we can easily ship him as many teams are no longer sleeping on his talent.

If we can add more firepower in Melo, a back up point guard to rest one ragged Felton and get a serviceable center we will be a contender. While many of us on here hate how mediocre our defense is, we are not tied to D'Antoni. If we go on another crappy stretch the way we stated out the season theres no reason why his job performance cannot be reevaluated. D'Antoni came here for the money much like Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas. Now that we have a promising team that could potentially have two superstars in STAT and Melo we could certainly attract a better coach, which is something to keep in mind for the future. Its a shame Phil Jackson will be retiring, he is the best Coach in the League's history and a former Knick himself.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
This thread is disgusting. Just a week ago half you guys in here were on the bandwagon ridin the teams nuts. Let me put you up against 3 of the NBAs best teams and after the best one give you a road game the very next night. Bunch of BANDWAGON quick to try and call out mofos!!

Chandler has been our MOST consistent player this year. He's been consistent since before the win streak. Do you clowns remember that??? Before Felton became consistent and before Amare started acting like god? No one talks about Amares 8 turnovers or how he's 3rd in the league in TOPG. He forces a lot of his drives and is a HORRIBLE passer out of the double team.

Give your Knicks a break. We did what we were supposed to and beat the piss out of the mid to low NBA. Even beat 3 elite teams also. I think 1 or 2 losses to a shitty team is ok. (Clippers beat the Spurs)

Threads like this just plain piss me off. Its not even constructive criticism. Is plain jumping off the bandwagon before the ride gets rough again. This is your team so live with it. Or you wanna go back to the Isiah days? Trade any young talent or picks we got (Nene, Ariza, Rose was a Knicks lottery pick, Hill, and any other players or picks floating around)for big huge shitty contract$$$$?

I've always said don't get use to the roster because it is mostly made up of trade bait. Our losses fall on the back of the coach. He seems to have a terrible time coaching Defense. He needs to stop playing man 2 man, especially when he likes to double team around the parimeter. Teams are eating that shit up. You can't coach this team like an Olympic dream team. That style of coaching depends on out scoring your opponents. In our current situation, and our current roster, we do not fit that style. We have only one consistant scorer, not an olympic team. If the coach wants to depend on winning games by putting up more points than the opponent...he needs to add another/or more scorers (simple fact), like Mello.

If he doesn't, the knicks will lose many games because their 8 man rotation will be worn out...like they were in the last couple of games...and its still early in the season with a brutal schedule ahead.

No Defense + too many minutes for a 8 man rotation = a tired flock that will ultimately collapse in the end of a long hard fought season...possibly before the allstar break. I feel big changes are on the horizons...Good bye Gallo, and Hello Mello. This will work.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Wow can you read. Who is talking championship, patience is the key to making your team better. Making quick moves just for the sake of moronic fans is what puts your team over the cap. It also makes it alot harder to make moves. As we get closer to the deadline everything will pan out.. That is when you need to make your choice to buy or sell not in December.

A+ post. To many fans on this board are swayed so easily. 3 game winning streak means we can beat anybody and 3 game losing streak means we need to clean house.

That's not how it works. We are a building team. We are NOT elite. Not yet. We need to build there and work at it. And I'm confident we will be elite next year. All I'm asking for this year is playoffs.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Stuff like this makes me hate being a Knicks fan. You all wait in the shadows when we are on winning streaks.. and then strike when we hit a rough patch. Knicks fans are like girls with daddy issues!

We would be 18&10 if we had a good coach? was that the quote? so we'd be two games better?!? haha.

The problem right now (just like it is when we are doing good) we over emphasize EVERYTHING as Knicks fan. When were good were a championship caliber team and when were losing were nazis or Megan Fox's toe thumb. get it together guys.

Right now were starting to see the effects of pressure, schedule and over working our guys. If we had veterans or guys who were used to this pressure (of winning, schedule strength, and logging big minutes) we might be in a green pasture right now.

Mike isnt perfect by any means. I know that. but ill defend the reason as to why he should be our coach again if we have to get into this. Our roster isn't close to being perfect. I definitely know that. but your expectations shouldn't be astronomically high in the first place. Our team is young and our schedule was light. These guys didn't claim they'd win a championship... they made the statement they were a 40+ win team that could make the playoffs like you stated!!! That's their first goal and with this roster rightfully so.

We should get Carmelo to take the pressure off these guys YES. but when we can WAIT (which all of you hate prior management for not doing) we should do so! Do I think their should be any untouchables? NO. This side of Stoudemire and Felton. but play it smart. keep working and were set for a good situation.

Frauds as defined by the English dictionary is a person who makes deceitful pretenses;.. Amare claimed we were back... and if you guys probably forgot in your anger is the teams Ewing was on that you are so proud and fond of won 40+ games and made playoffs... no championships. Lets stop hoping Stoudemire becomes the next Ewing and D'Antoni becomes the next Riley or Van Gundy.. none of them won championships. lets try a new formula and a new path and see if we can win one. right now.. were on a great start.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Well I'm not Jumping on any bandwagon. I knew this team was not that Good. Knick fans Have a right to be mad some of us are over 35 years old. and are sick and tired of the Roller coaster rides with this team. Tell me how utah jazz is up be 25 points against the cavaliers, While we look like the worse team playing against them ? Yeah I get it. We're rebuilding, But we should win against Teams like the cavaliers.

And I always said if D'antoni Keeps thinking that we could get good players and not play any "D" Than we have a serious problem. Perhaps If this team get's better players Things will change. But if antoni keeps playing These I'll Outshoot you games, Then we'll be in for a long drive. Or maybe they will have to Change the coach To someone who's more defensive minded.

iJoe

Rotation player
You know the funny thing about all this? We're 16-12 and a LOT of the haters on this forum never expected us to be anywhere near this record at this point.

I'm not sure whats worse.... the ones that flip flop from loving to hating based on every streak, or the ones that hide out until the next loss and scream about how it's all Dantoni's fault.

We were one horrible call away from a win against the Celtics. Hit a bump against one of the hottest teams in the Heat and got a worn out loss against a desperate Cavs team by underestimating them. Wow... its time to hit the panic button.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
You know the funny thing about all this? We're 16-12 and a LOT of the haters on this forum never expected us to be anywhere near this record at this point.

I'm not sure whats worse.... the ones that flip flop from loving to hating based on every streak, or the ones that hide out until the next loss and scream about how it's all Dantoni's fault.

We were one horrible call away from a win against the Celtics. Hit a bump against one of the hottest teams in the Heat and got a worn out loss against a desperate Cavs team by underestimating them. Wow... its time to hit the panic button.

The Thing is that this team is young. And these losses do not help their mental psyche. Ever since they loss to the celtics, it's like they've loss their confidence. Do you think that these losses help them get better Mentally..No

I understand where your coming from. But it's sickening to see that everyone has been having Their Field day with The knicks, Career highs, Triple doubles, Snapping losing streaks..Believe me, it get's tiring after 38 years . It's Just that knicks fans are hungry and tired of every team walking all over us. Lets not forget that The heat almost loss in washington. And They've would've loss if it wasn't for the heat getting a Bunch of calls at the end. I just wish The knicks would've shown up at the second half of the game against The Heat, instead of getting blown out by 23 points.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Patience patience patience..

Good times are on the horizon. We will be fine and we're goin in the right direction. Trust.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Loss in CLE shows this team was a fraud.

People actually got excited b/c we went 1-2 at home instead of 0-3.

This team is nothing more than a 41 or so team. 1st round 4-1 loss.

That's it.

I'm not getting excited about that at all.

TRADE THEM ALL to get Carmelo.

Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Randolph. All of them.

Get ready for a 4-15 type stretch from this team. Brace yourself.

Chandler & Gallo are frauds. Douglas and Randolph shouldn't even be in the NBA.

WAS almost beats MIA. They should have, until refs awarded them 7 free throws in 17 seconds while ignoring two blatant fouls on WAS players.

Knicks are more like that 3-8 record then that amazing run they went on.

This loss is also a direct result of D'ant's foolish 7-8 man tight rotation.

It's almost unbelievable how this team always responds to success, with devasting fashion. How quickly they can evaporate hope and PUFF, there it all goes.

Raise your hand if you circled this game and absolutely knew it was a loss.

I had no doubt. After "dream" week... This had loss all over it.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Another night where defense is something they play in rugby. Another night where Gallo-Chandler simply shrink from standing up and actually carrying the team to a victory.

Call DEN.... trade everyone and anyone except Felton, STAT & Fields.

GALLO goes 1-10 from 3-point range! I want him traded so badly. So sick of this kid's act.

Son... If you can't get excited about us making the playoffs at 41 games then you have a ****ing issue on the real. I as a fan of this team have endured so much bullshit as Im sure many others have and if we can make the playoffs it is a huge step in the right direction for us. That is something to get excited about.

Were young and pretty damn fun to watch and if we can get melo now or next year we will be even better. This team in the playoffs is a massive accomplishment and something I will get really pumped for. If you want to bitch about how that isn't anything then where the **** have you been since 2001.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Son... If you can't get excited about us making the playoffs at 41 games then you have a ****ing issue on the real. I as a fan of this team have endured so much bullshit as Im sure many others have and if we can make the playoffs it is a huge step in the right direction for us. That is something to get excited about.

Were young and pretty damn fun to watch and if we can get melo now or next year we will be even better. This team in the playoffs is a massive accomplishment and something I will get really pumped for. If you want to bitch about how that isn't anything then where the **** have you been since 2001.

exactly......cosign this shit

mafra

Legend
SOme of you folks need to chill out. I've been a fan since King and Sparrow. BANDWAGON? PLease. I'm just jaded with all the losing, so excuse me if the 100th rebuilding plan doesn't get me excited.

Ine the last 10 years, NINE mlb teams won Word Series. In the last 30 years or so, NINE teams have won an nba title.

BY FAR, the nba is the hardest league to build a contender and make a run at titles. If people think we are going to compete against Wade-'Bron-LJ with Chandler and Gallo... you people are insane.

Just like back in '00 when all the SPREE fans said dump EWING. Time to move on. That worked out well huh?

BOTTOM LINE... FOR THOSE UPSET WITH ME making this thread and 'jumping ship' .... OUR COACH AND STAR PLAYER felt the loss in CLE was bad enough that even they began calling out the players.

- Coach D'ant said we failed a test.

- Coach D'ant accused certain players of backing down. I wonder who he meant? Said CLE got physical and we wanted to avoid contact (Chandler-Gallo took 28 shots, 16 of which were 3s).

- Amar'e wondered aloud how any guard could play 20 minutes and not have one dime (shot at Douglas).

- Amar'e said coaches implemented a great plan, but players didn't excecute it.

THIS LOSS WAS HUGE. Sorry folks. Sure, not in the grand scheme of things sort of way.... Just in the illustration of what exactly players like Douglas, Chandler and Gallo are.

TEAMS have figured us out now. PACK THE PAINT, take STAT away, and dare Chandler-Gallo to beat you.

SORRY. I'm not impressed with Wilson! He's doing what many of us thought he should do. He should be great! He's just doesn't have that killer instinct. We need him to be a reliable #3 option.... EVERY NIGHT. At least work-grind for it.

SORRY. Gallo is beyong up-down play. 1-10 again from downtown and 0 free throws?

This is unacceptable. We have approx 2-6 weeks to make a decision moving fwd? At this point, I'm not sure (if i were Walsh) I would wed this team for the next 3 years to Gallo-Chandler, and be at their mercy.

SORRY. AI and Marc Gasol seem like safer bets to me.

Something has to be done. Chandler a free agent. Trades to be made.

HOw many GMs on this board would put their jobs, and this team's future in the hand sof these 2 players? Felton-STAT-Fields are the foundation....

mafra

Legend

Getting in the playoffs and getting swept by the freaking HEAT or CELTICS would piss me off more than not making playoffs and having a higher draft pick.

The worst thing NYK fans will endure that a team built for the future, with Gallo's potential, will improve.

This is all I'm saying. Douglas-Gallo or bench players. Making the playoffs might give us false hope that we'll improve next season.

If you really think MELO will be a Knicks nex year, apparently you haven't been paying attention the last 20 years. Knicks don't get that lucky.

SO, we're going to have to build creatively.

Think Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol plus another few parts.

Would you prefer we wait on Gallo? Or go get a player who will contribute every night? Would you prefer to live with Chandler or go get an impact player like AI?

I'm tired of these losses (like the one at home to PHI). Where are Chanlder-Gallo then?