Marbury isn't leaving the Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Honestly, **** these teammates.

Crawford plays like an idiot on the court and Curry shows no passion in the game.

Waiving Marbury would be a MISTAKE, the problem from the Isiah era was ISIAH himself, not really Marbury. Marbury was just a scapegoat for Isiah, nothing more.

Again, management doesn't NEED to make this move.

If you consider this; Marbury has a good season, it'll increas his value and his expiring contract which would make it a very good trading asset that could lure us a superstar the same way Boston got Garnett.

This move isn't NEEDED and won't improve anything.

Marbury's problem with his teammates and the locker room always get blown out of proportion, especially in NYC when baseball season isn't in session, the Daily News looks for any little thing to turn it into drama.

Marbury is indeed talented, but we need his EXPIRING CONTRACT more than his basketball attributes. Its probably our best trading asset and we should keep until it expires or if we get an amazing offer for a top 10 player on a team looking to rebuild.

The team needs to be tweaked. Someone had an interesting post that stated what if Thomas was just a few moves off. Marbury's got all the talent in the world but can't lead and if he doesn't get is way it's a real problem. We've seen this before. The best cost effective option would be to trade Crawford for a pick and shift Marbury to the two, but that shit aint going to happen. In reality Marbury is finished. Sorry to break it to you but that's how it will most likely play out. Crawford can fit into the system and his attitude is way better than Marbury's. I'm not sure if he will be traded or bought out but if the new kid has a few good practices and summer league games, it's over.

Paul1355

All Star
Obviously, Marbury is on a totally superior level ahead of Duhon and would dominate him in training camp.

Marbury is staying in NYC, I'm sick of everyone from the Daily News, NY1 Sports, SNY trying to say Marbury is done like a bunch of haters.

This isn't a smart move. Marbury has an expiring contract and is still a very productive player. Does are two facts we can't ignore.

Having him on the roster this year would a luxury for us, a veteran PG who could give you 15+ and 5+ assist. Marbury makes the game easier for his teammates, but Crawford and Curry averaged career highs playing under Stephon. His ability to penetrate and create opens up a lot of plays for our players who just stand around waiting for the ball.

Really, is waiving the best passer, talent, penatrator and veteran on this team a good move?

Yea keep him for one year and if Duhon proves he can hold his own then make him or Nate a starter. It's pissing me off too how many articles say that Marbury will probably be shipped out...just cuz they added a bench player doesnt mean there gonna ship a starter...camp makes most of the difference just like Metro said agreed on this. Keep him untill his contract expires.

George M.

Benchwarmer
You would mind if do a Boston-Garnett deal? I say **** 2010, if the deal is on the table we have to do a move like that. Its nothing Isiah has done or attempted because he traded his expiring contract for aging players who aren't all stars. Marbury's contract could be an asset to getting us a top 10 player.

Curry, Crawford and Randolph are worse than Stephon.
I totally agree Metro.His contract will help get us better talent or talent we can use that expires in the summer of 2010.I can't beleive some of these people posting that crap that he'll be bought out.Isola and the rest of the NYSports Media are nothing but drama mongers.Walsh said when he fist got there that 2010 is the goal.The whole free agent class is interesting not just LeBron.If Golden State loses out on Brand they might deal with us for Marbury because they need a PG and they have a ton of cap space.I think that those people who say Steph will be bought out don't have a clue.Bottom line.

GetRealistic

Starter
If it expires or gets bought out its the same thing people. There both 100 percent equal. Don't we actually get a break if he's bought out and then signed by another team?

Marbury leaving is best for everyone involved in the whole situation.

Its better for the team, we get his attitude off the team.

Its better for the rebuilding process. We start right now from fresh instead of having a PG who has no chance at all of being on the team next season

Its better for Marbury. All you big Marbury fans should want this to happen. He's run his course in NY, maybe a new place or fresh start will reserrect his career.

jzero29

Rotation player
ugh marbs, hate to say goodbye

Obviously, Marbury is on a totally superior level ahead of Duhon and would dominate him in training camp.

Marbury is staying in NYC, I'm sick of everyone from the Daily News, NY1 Sports, SNY trying to say Marbury is done like a bunch of haters.

This isn't a smart move. Marbury has an expiring contract and is still a very productive player. Does are two facts we can't ignore.

Having him on the roster this year would a luxury for us, a veteran PG who could give you 15+ and 5+ assist. Marbury makes the game easier for his teammates, but Crawford and Curry averaged career highs playing under Stephon. His ability to penetrate and create opens up a lot of plays for our players who just stand around waiting for the ball.

Really, is waiving the best passer, talent, penatrator and veteran on this team a good move?
As some other guys say, he's unpopular in the locker room, or so I hear? Thats probably the only reason. He has been a bit of a problem with coaches and players last couple seasons...although, I'd be pissed to if they made me constantly defer to a lesser player in crawford, to take my game away from me and play out of my style and then blame it all on me.

Yeah man, I don't see what the benefit of cutting him is at all. Still gotta pay him, why not use his services. He is still very skilled. He is 3 years younger than Steve Nash, so he can still play!!!
The benefit would be morale and coaches controll of the players. He totally undermined larry brown when he was there. He even got young players like nate to overstep bounds with coaches, instead of teaching them right. I feel he'd eat up gallinari and be neg influence. But he could be a soldier and keep his yap shut and just flat out perform. But who knows if he will.
From the NY Times:

"Even before signing Duhon, the Knicks had resolved that they could not move forward while Marbury was still in the locker room. In their brief time with the franchise, Walsh and D?Antoni have learned how incredibly unpopular Marbury is with his teammates."

"D?Antoni has told friends that the Knicks are much better than their 23-59 record last season indicated and that team chemistry was the greatest problem. Cutting ties with Marbury is viewed as a critical first step in changing a losing culture."
Marbury barely played last year and when he did, the offense didn't run through him, it was crawford, who's never made the playoffs with any team. Because he's the problem.
Cutting ties with Curry and Crawford would be more criticial, they're bigger losers than Marbury, worst defenders, and not really as good as Steph. Plus they have 3 years on their deal.

Its really disgusting how these weird rumors are leaking out, waiving an expiring contract shouldn't be a priority.
I agree cutting ties with crawford and curry, and getting rid of randolphs salary. Curry has a player option after this season, but who knows what he'll do. Doubt he'll get a deal as good as he has now, so he probably just stay. But you never know, a slick agent may talk him into getting another deal so(the agent) will get more commision.

I may agree with the fact that Marbury can be good and is better than Duhon, but if Mike D wants him gone I think he has to go. In order to win Mike D needs his own players and not players left over from the you know who era.
I also agree, coach and players want him out, maybe it needs to be done.

all in all, if the coaches and players say he's got to go, then so be it. Talent wise it's obviously a mistake. He's not to blame for recent years, he hasn't been the focal point of this offense for some time. That falls on crawford. If I had my wish, I'd ditch crawford in a heart beat. zachs contract is ridiculous, I'd love to see marbury have a comeback player of the year type season, but I don't think its in the cards.

Toons

is the Bo$$
If it expires or gets bought out its the same thing people. There both 100 percent equal. Don't we actually get a break if he's bought out and then signed by another team?

i think every1 knows its equal, actually if he's bought out, we save money. The big issue is, the money we save wont compare to the worth of his productivity he can possibly have this season.

Toons

is the Bo$$
jzero, the offense was not run thru crawford until marbury left....it was strictly curry and randolph for about 3-4 months.....then curry wasnt producing, randolph did his thing, marbury was MIA, who would u have run the offense thru??? if no crawford, then who? lee? balkman? n8? please answer me.....excluding randolph, who will score??? no1 yet has been able to answer that

metrocard

Legend
Lee shoots 60% and developed a jumpshot, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more touches since he'll be more efficient on offense. Lee has a lot of crafty post moves and is athletic and has strong legs and upper body.
Dude is type underrated.

metrocard

Legend
Give Marbury a shot..we're not winning next year anyways...2 scenarios:

1) he plays well in the new system and all is good.

2) he doesn't play well and we trade his expiring for picks and contracts that expire before 2010.

GetRealistic

Starter
Give Marbury a shot..we're not winning next year anyways...2 scenarios:

1) he plays well in the new system and all is good.

2) he doesn't play well and we trade his expiring for picks and contracts that expire before 2010.

We aren't going to be good either way. So why not just start from scratch. You even know there is absolutely zero chance that hell be back next season. Why not just start over and let other people play his minutes.

metrocard

Legend
We aren't going to be good either way. So why not just start from scratch. You even know there is absolutely zero chance that hell be back next season. Why not just start over and let other people play his minutes.

That doesn't matter.
You're not understanding keeping Marbury on this would benefit the team./

GET OVER THE PAST AND SHUT THE **** UP, YOU'VE BEEN REPEATING THIS SHIT OVER AND OVER, ITS TIREDSOME ALREADY. YOU REALLY HAVE FAILED TO COME WITH NEW INFORMATION THAT VALIDATES YOUR ARGUMENT.

HOW DO YOU KNOW MARBURY IS GOING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS AGAIN IN 08-09?
ANOTHER FALSE PREDICTION.

On the real, you guys just COPY and REPEAT each other at this point, you guys are more creative than this, but when it comes to Marbury, you're guys are more one dimensional than Eddy Curry.

jpz17

Starter
Yeah man, I don't see what the benefit of cutting him is at all. Still gotta pay him, why not use his services. He is still very skilled. He is 3 years younger than Steve Nash, so he can still play!!!

Marbury won't be cut, he will be bought out. We only have to pay the player maybe 3/4 amount

Status
Not open for further replies.