Marbury should stay with the team!!!!

Do you think Stephon should stay wit the team?

• Total voters

Allen

Benchwarmer
Just let him play his last season. PERIOD. Can't imagine any reason of resigning him afterwards. If he plays somewhere as you guys have said 18 and 8, then great. But that's that after the season. I say let's just move on, and look ahead. I'm looking forward to a roster shake-up.

I agree, let marbury play out his contract. But I don't see any reason to resign him beyond this coming season. If he plays great then fine, let some other team give him a big contract. We need to look towards the future and Marbury is the past.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
No Reason to Buy Marbury Out

There is no reason to buy Marbury out. Marbury has an ego. The good side of that is that he has some pride. Unlike Jerome James, Marbury cares about his "legacy." And unlike Jerome James, Marbury has a future beyond his contract with the Knicks.

Marbury does not have the leverage to be a "cancer." No one has to pay attention to him. He will be on a short leash. D'Antoni and Walsh can banish him the way that Chicago banished Tim Thomas. There is no doubt that Marbury has talent. He is better than anyone out there that is realistically available to the Knicks. I think he is going to have a good year, a very good "contract" year.

His contract will be worth more at the trade deadline than it is worth now. The Knicks want cap space in 2010. That does not mean that they are unwilling to spend money so long as it does not affect 2010 cap space. We can take some bad contracts, even through 2009, and perhaps get a draft pick for Marbury's expiring contract at the deadline.

I also think we have to get rid of Z. Randolph soon. We can take back two years of bad contracts for his three years now. Next year there will be only one year of bad contracts that we could take in exchange for his two years. I do not think Z-Bo's game - which is valuable under some systems - is going to improve in D'Antoni's system. He is not going to be more valuable next year.