MARBURY STAYING OR LEAVING?

Marbury - staying or leaving

• Total voters

Ted

Benchwarmer
Maybe the Nets can do it actually that was a little harsh. I just hate Vince and Kidd looks over the hill. They also really need some help inside. Nened should improve.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
You know what, I'm not gonna be able to change your mind. Not sure if you're even open to the idea of trading Steph, so what's the point of me having this discussion...

Ted

Benchwarmer
I'm open if you get a half way decent offer. An athletic big man who backed up Marc Jackson for an All-Star point guard who can penatrate at will against any defender. Not a good trade. The point is that this team is built around him this is basically the team Zeke has been trying to build thank God he got Q instead of Wallyworld

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Have you ever heard of potential?

Dalembert could easily give Ben Wallace a run for his money as defensive player of the year. I'd easily take a chance on Dally and let him grow up with Ariza, Frye, Sweets, and co.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
bob....bulls are case in point about rookies going to the playoffs. granted, not every team does it, but it can happen. i wouldnt be opposed to trading marbury for dalembert straightup, but the bad contracts of mckie ollie and mashburn bother me....in terms of those two tho dalembert definitely has the brighter future. that means we would most likely have to convert craw to the pg tho which may take adjustment. two seasons ago before obrien they were playing dalembert a lot of minutes and he was putting up huge numbers. he didnt get much time under obrien cuz hes young and needs to work on his offense.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
that's a chance I'm willing to take.

mashburn is expiring. mckie can be waived. ollie is solid off the bench.

just from a business standpoint, it's a good move...

Ted

Benchwarmer
I've heard of potential but I think you're dreaming if you are so sure that Dalembert will be great. There's a chance, but he's a huge risk. Marbury has his flaws but you know what you're getting and that's 20 and 8. You don't give that up for potential. If we were talking about Marvin Williams has potential I'd say do it, but while people like Dalembert I think Camby, at best, is far more likely than Big Ben. Do you trade Marbury for Camby and expiring contracts?

Ted

Benchwarmer
No it's not. From a business standpoint playoff money and a star is a good move. Chopping 8 mill off a 100 mill cap doesnt help

Ted

Benchwarmer
You're talking about Camby at 24. Half his career he was injured. The cap is much worse than you think. I'm gonna get the numbers. Q and Crawford alone are at around 20 mill combined for what 5 years.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
well, in this case, Dalembert = Camby.

The factors are:

Youth

Potential

Future Cap Space

Size

Marbury's baggage...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
dude, end of arguement.

this is pointless.

i would take Dalembert and cap space over Marbury any day.

capiche?

Ted

Benchwarmer
We might not be under the cap in three years factoring in the rooke's contracts and a MLE signy