McGrady Traded To The Kings

Starks

Starter
Can "T-capspace" still ball? He might be in the Grant Hill phase of his career, but I'm sure hes still serviceable

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Crazy, N8 had a trade veto clause in his contract and was only willing to go to LA, Orlando or Boston. Further he is an unrestricted FA in a few short months hence why we got crap in return.

paris401

Starter
Crazy, N8 had a trade veto clause in his contract and was only willing to go to LA, Orlando or Boston. Further he is an unrestricted FA in a few short months hence why we got crap in return.

i think every FA who resigns with their team (like nate n lee) have the same veto power over trades...

Red

TYPE-A
If they wanted him then they would have made him an offer when he was a restricted free agent. Nate received Zero offers. Does that not say something

Nate was traded to Memphis and he vetoed that trade.
The Celtics want him for his 6th man services also- and seem willing to deal a player plus a pick, to off-set him being a base comp player.
Relax... know your facts!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i think every FA who resigns with their team (like nate n lee) have the same veto power over trades...

I'm not sure if that's true, I think he negotiated that clause. That said, it does not change the fact that we couldn't have traded N8 to Sac instead of Boston as Crazy8 wanted.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It says explicitly that they now need a replacement at the 2 in Martin's absence considering they don't (apparently) want McGrady on board.

I'm speaking under the influence of hindsight obviously.

Tellem Claims Knicks Still Talking Three-Way With Rockets, Kings

Feb 18, 2010 11:48 AM EST
McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
Arn Tellem has told the New York Post's Marc Berman that the Knicks are still involved in three-way trade talks with Sacramento and Houston centered around Tracy McGrady.
According to Tellem, the same players may be involved but potentially without the picks.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...g_three_way_with_rockets_kings/#ixzz0fuKZ0x6c

Sounds too good to be true.

Bobcats Close To Deal For Tyrus Thomas

Feb 18, 2010 11:41 AM EST
Thomas_Tyrus_chi.jpg
The Bobcats are close to landing Tyrus Thomas in a deal with the Bulls that would send expiring contracts and a future protected (according to Ric Bucher) first round pick to Chicago, a person with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.
A source told Yahoo! that a deal between the Bulls and Knicks for Thomas is now considered a longshot.
Update: Yahoo! reports that Acie Law and Flip Murray will be the two players sent to Chicago for Thomas if this deal is finalized.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...close_to_deal_for_tyrus_thomas/#ixzz0fuLb34VQ

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Damn. We lose out on the Houston deal. Now Thomas was dealt to the Bucks. I don't think anything is going to happen. I understand Donnie trying to hold his ground but aren't we screwed with cap space? This is a huge disappointment.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
In the end, to get to New York, Tracy McGrady went through Sacramento.
A Kings source indicated Thursday that it was likely that McGrady, acquired by Sacramento in a multi-player deal featuring Kevin Martin, would be re-routed to the Knicks prior to Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline.
McGrady earns a league-high $23 million so in order for the Knicks to finalize a deal Larry Hughes' $14 million expiring contract would have to be involved. ESPN.com is reporting that Jared Jeffries would also be involved, which if so would create enough salary cap space this summer for the Knicks to sign two max free agents. The plan is to recruit LeBron James to New York and allow him to pick which free agent he wants to play with.
For the Kings to take on Jeffries' contract, which runs through 2011, it is likely that the Knicks would have to include either a first round pick or cash. It is also believed that Kings guard Sergio Rodriquez will end up with the Knicks.
Also, the Knicks have completed the Nate Robinson to Boston trade.
The potential snag in the McGrady deal could be the health of Jeffries, who pulled himself out of Wednesday's loss to Chicago due to recurring knee soreness. Jeffries has been playing with pain for the past month and the injury could be worse than originally believed.
All trades are not final until each player passes their physical. Teams have the option to waive a physical but it's hard to imagine the Kings do so in this case since Jeffries is under contract for one more season.
If a trade doesn't happen, Hughes is likely gone either way. The veteran guard will try to negotiate a buyout with the Knicks if he is still on the roster past 3 p.m. Thursday.

Looks like we get TMac and Sergio. Good pickups and paves the way for King James.

EDIT** I hope Donnie protected any pick he gave up. If I had to chose between Hill or our pick I would trade Hill for the precocious cap space.

KBlack25

Starter

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I really can't wait for the NBAtv trade deadline special @ 2pm. D-Aldridge will probably be there and he has the inside scoop on all deals. Only time will tell. Let's hope D-Walsh pulls the rabbit out the hat.

Paul1355

All Star
Looks like we get TMac and Sergio. Good pickups and paves the way for King James.

EDIT** I hope Donnie protected any pick he gave up. If I had to chose between Hill or our pick I would trade Hill for the precocious cap space.

IF JEFFRIES IS NOT TRADED BECAUSE OF THIS SUDDEN INJURY I AM GOING TO STRANGLE MIKE D FOR PLAYING HIM AND STRANGLE JEFFRIES FOR RUINING OUR CHANCE AT TWO MAX FREE AGENTS!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
I really can't wait for the NBAtv trade deadline special @ 2pm. D-Aldridge will probably be there and he has the inside scoop on all deals. Only time will tell. Let's hope D-Walsh pulls the rabbit out the hat.

it seems like the Kings pulled the rabbit out and now they have leverage....they have Tmac and are using him to get David Lee....wtf happened???

'Fireworks' Between Tellem, Kings If They Don't Deal T-Mac To Knicks

Feb 18, 2010 12:37 PM EST
McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
If the Kings don't trade Tracy McGrady to New York, there could be an intriguing showdown with McGrady?s agent, Arn Tellem.
?If they don?t trade Tracy,? one source involved in the talks said Thursday morning, ?there?s going to be some fireworks.?
Tellem is one of the NBA's most influential agents and represents Tyreke Evans.
The Kings were willing to do a deal with the Knicks as trade partners to move McGrady Wednesday night, but league sources have suggested they?ve been less enthusiastic about it on Thursday morning.
If the trade expands to three teams, one official involved in the talks predicted as many as 15 players could be moved.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...they_dont_deal_t_mac_to_knicks/#ixzz0fuWmi589

Oh no, we suck again!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
'Fireworks' Between Tellem, Kings If They Don't Deal T-Mac To Knicks

Feb 18, 2010 12:37 PM EST
McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
If the Kings don't trade Tracy McGrady to New York, there could be an intriguing showdown with McGrady?s agent, Arn Tellem.
?If they don?t trade Tracy,? one source involved in the talks said Thursday morning, ?there?s going to be some fireworks.?
The Kings were willing to do a deal with the Knicks as trade partners to move McGrady Wednesday night, but league sources have suggested they?ve been less enthusiastic about it on Thursday morning.
If the trade expands to three teams, one official involved in the talks predicted as many as 15 players could be moved.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...they_dont_deal_t_mac_to_knicks/#ixzz0fuWmi589

Oh no, we suck again!

Damn that's crazy.

paris401

Starter
[BIf the Kings don't trade Tracy McGrady to New York, there could be an intriguing showdown with McGrady?s agent, Arn Tellem.

tellem is jerkin-off.. so if the kings don't trade tmac (his client), there will be fireworks with evans (another client)... what bullshit...

if a comment like that was made, and i was evans, i'd kick the shit of of
'my agent'...