Melo to meet with Nets owner?

Now i see why the Knicks have gone so deep in their self destruction. This is the kind of thinking Isiah bring to this franchise. No patience, no horizon, only silly moves focused on the right now reward.

What you said is just stupid. You basically take away any credit Donnie Walsh could have in the current team and, jumping two years ago, fast forward to the present forgetting there are 730 days in the middle. 730 days in which you have to make decisions to improve the situation of a franchise completely ruined. Forgetting completely there were games to be played, a great city to represent and fans to care for.

If you want me to believe we'd have resisted 2 more years of that shitty roster you had wrote above and now the present would be a fairy tale of happiness and joy you're out of your ****ing mind.

You are defientely out of your mind if you think Donnie Walsh performed a miracle in NY.

Let's See:
*Traded 2 first rounders and Jared Jefferies to Houston for an expiring. Then later admitted he traded too much

*Traded Nate for Eddie House,Walker,2nd rounder when Nate is obviously better than both more explosive and has won Boston more games and a playoff game while we get a 9min player in Walker.

*Bought out a 20million dollar former allstar player and procceded to sign Duhon( back up PG)

*Traded David Lee for 2 expiring contracts, and Randolph(bust)

*Drafted Hill over Jennings,Holiday,Lawson,Collison when we needed another PG

These are all major faults that Donnie Walsh has made, re-read some articles and you can see that Amare had already made up his mind to come either here or Miami and Donnie paid him $100 million when his own former team (who could give him the highest max deal) only have $65 million last 2 years unguaranteed even though they made the WCF.

So, which one of these yell/scream patience or shows Donnie Walsh being patient. He sold us a two year plan for LeBron and he failed now he's trying to save face even though Carmleo already wants to be here. Fields is not a deal breaker neither is Gallo or Chandler trust me.

Well said sir. I want Walsh to make a trade for Melo in the worst way like every other Knicks fan as well, but for a reasonable cost. What they are asking for is unreasonable in my opinion. I mean here we are in 2011 and finally after 10 years we can say that the Knicks finally have a decent team, not great yet, but not horrible like in the past 9 seasons. I've grown to like Felton, I've grown to like Galo and fields and Chandler. I'm not saying to keep them all and still try to get Melo because we all know that ain't going to happen but damn... all i'm asking for for once is maybe just a little bit of patience with the team instead of blowing it up all the time. We have been that road already several times and look how it worked out. I still want Melo, but not if we have to give up everyone... Galo, Chandler, Curry, 1st Rd, and a Walker and/or Aza if they want it... That would be my offer... Is that unreasonable???

When have we ever been in a position to get multiple stars, last time we had multiple stars was in the 70's and Oh we won the championship Pal. What patience are you talking about when has Donnie Walsh ever been patient since he's been a Knick GM

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
well

According to si.com, the nets stance has not changed.... here's a quote from the article.
"
"Mikhail has not changed his mind," Pinchuk wrote.

When asked if that meant Prokhorov does not want the Nets to reopen talks with Denver at this point, the spokeswoman said:

"What I said is what I said," she insisted. "Not what you said."
"

Markutis

Benchwarmer
You're right. All Donnie Walsh done was following the plan to land LeBron and failed. Not only Walsh, the whole franchise and the city failed. What now? We keep whining till we get a superstar to fill the whole no matter what or we do stick to what we have now and try to improve step by step?

I'm choosing the second one because Fields and Mozgov are the type of role players a team needs to grow. Melo YES! But not at any cost.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
its crazy how this forum took a 180 and how the media can bring everybody down..a couple days ago people were playfully crackin jokes because they thought for sure we'd get melo, now everybodys pissed and depressed because we're not gettin him...cant say im not one of them

:boohoo:

iJoe

Rotation player
Knicksfansince92, you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Donnie has done a fine job clearing a gigantic wad of turd that most GMs agreed was so toxic that they never would have gone near it.

Who saddled us with all the bad contracts that Walsh had to work so hard to get out of? Did he sign up with a clean slate? No. He had to work his ass off so we can even TALK about getting Melo.

Let me make this real simple. We wouldn't have to cap space next year to scare the Nuggets into dealing Melo, if it weren't for Walsh. We would have no leverage whatsoever, if the Nugs weren't scared of losing Melo for nothing.

Lets examine the David Lee trade shall we? We made a play at getting 2 superstars, but ended up getting only 1. Thats not a failing. Any GM worth their salt would do the same. We essentially got a 1st rounder (AR is = Timberwolves' first pick) and a very valuable bench player in Turiaf while maintaining cap flexibility. Let me make this clear.... David Lee CHOSE where he wanted to go and Donnie made the best of it. We wouldn't have been able to keep Amare if we had kept Lee. Even you would agree that Amare was worth it.

The Nugs have already proved to be idiots at negotiating. If Walsh had said yes to this deal, they would probably just hide for a week and come back and say they want more.

First the mindless Dantoni hate, and now blaming a GM who has worked his ass off to make this franchise respectable.... sickening.... If you're looking for the perfect GM who makes all the right draft picks, you're dreaming. If you were in charge, the franchise would be firing people every half year.

Knicksfansince92, you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper.

Donnie has done a fine job clearing a gigantic wad of turd that most GMs agreed was so toxic that they never would have gone near it.

Who saddled us with all the bad contracts that Walsh had to work so hard to get out of? Did he sign up with a clean slate? No. He had to work his ass off so we can even TALK about getting Melo.

Let me make this real simple. We wouldn't have to cap space next year to scare the Nuggets into dealing Melo, if it weren't for Walsh. We would have no leverage whatsoever, if the Nugs weren't scared of losing Melo for nothing.

Lets examine the David Lee trade shall we? We made a play at getting 2 superstars, but ended up getting only 1. Thats not a failing. Any GM worth their salt would do the same. We essentially got a 1st rounder (AR is = Timberwolves' first pick) and a very valuable bench player in Turiaf while maintaining cap flexibility. Let me make this clear.... David Lee CHOSE where he wanted to go and Donnie made the best of it. We wouldn't have been able to keep Amare if we had kept Lee. Even you would agree that Amare was worth it.

The Nugs have already proved to be idiots at negotiating. If Walsh had said yes to this deal, they would probably just hide for a week and come back and say they want more.

First the mindless Dantoni hate, and now blaming a GM who has worked his ass off to make this franchise respectable.... sickening.... If you're looking for the perfect GM who makes all the right draft picks, you're dreaming. If you were in charge, the franchise would be firing people every half year.

Only 3 contracts were going into the 2011 season all expiring for a total of $40 million, two of which have been sixth man of the year and an allstar, only Curry hasn't been playing. What turd did he get rid of again? We would have more money free this off season than we did last year if we just let the contracts expire but we bought into the LeBron pipe dream, we could have gotten Amare for a S&T July 1st 2010 if we wanted to for our expiring ZBo contract and if LeBron was coming we could have traded 2 expirings for him.

So Donnie Walsh basically traded expirings for expirings while helping us tank two seasons.

David Lee didn't choose anything,He was basically told he wouldn't be a Knick along with Nate when they gave them 1.5million dollar bonuses that would count against the Cap if we resigned them or did you forget?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Our ace in the hole is Amare.

Remember, this is still about him, Melo and possibly Paul. Trust and believe Amare is keeping Melo hip to all Walsh's and den doing.

Melo should calm down. No way Walsh is not trying to get him. Or D'antoni for that matter. This would be easily the best player D'antoni has ever coached, think he does not want him? But they also wanna keep Gallo. That's what this is about. Not Fields, not Chandler, Gallo. Knicks will reluctantly give up Fields and Chandler and get Melo.

giving up galo over fields is a nobrainer.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
That's why you two have no brain, Gallo is better than Fields and has a higher cieling, He shoots better from 3 ,creates his own shot, gets to the line and is a underrated playmaker. If we can ship Fields and Chandler then that is a steal.

i have no brain? listen here douche, why the **** would you get keep a talented SF over a talented SF when the guy youre trading for IS a SF and youd still have chandler/williams or maybe just williams in the rotation? we trade fields, then whos our shooting guard? convert galo to SG? why convert him when we just had our SG intact? go get ****ed

i have no brain? listen here douche, why the **** would you get keep a talented SF over a talented SF when the guy youre trading for IS a SF and youd still have chandler/williams or maybe just williams in the rotation? we trade fields, then whos our shooting guard? convert galo to SG? why convert him when we just had our SG intact? go get ****ed
Lot of Rambling nothing said, Chandler and Fields will be gone so why not try and keep Gallo Chandler becomes a FA 2011 and so does Fields in 2012 we can sign them in they want NY idiot. Melo is someone we need now.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Lot of Rambling nothing said, Chandler and Fields will be gone so why not try and keep Gallo Chandler becomes a FA 2011 and so does Fields in 2012 we can sign them in they want NY idiot. Melo is someone we need now.

youre a moron. we can give up galo and chandler, but why give up fields. he's a FA in a couple years..so? you think the knicks are that cheap to resign him?