Melo: Wants trade to Knicks (ESPN source)

moneyg

Starter
Well that is not at all what we were currently discussing. Our debate is about Melo indeed becoming a Knick and playing Melo at the 4. Forgetting Melo and going after a center is an entirely valid point for another debate.

I made mention in my thread about the MLE and using that next year to acquire a center. Would M. Gasol take the MLE to play in NYC along side a core of Felton, STAT and Melo? No one knows for sure but I venture that core will attract a lot of people looking to win a title.

P.S. Did you ignore this part of my post:

we are not getting gasol..

he is the future center for memphis...thats y they r getting rid of thabet

they will over pay for him

he aint takin the MLE

maybe tyson chandler.. but im doubting that too

Yes, if we trade for Melo, we still need size. But so what. You get Melo, gives you two powerhouse players, with Felton seemingly joining the party, the big can wait. Get Melo, see where we are, and go from there. Teams dont trade size. And of we get fleeced, I rather it be for Melo, than some mid road role playing Big, who likely wont start.

Its a bit of a contradiction that a lotta us wanna wanna wait on melo while keeping and developing our young skill players, who he is 5 x's better than, but is willing to trade a piece or two for a role playing big instead of seeing how Moz develops.

I would trade for Melo now, knowing that we will give any team in the east hell in a 7 game series with Melo, and seeing what Moz and rony can do, then vice versa. A big will be more inclined to sign here on the cheap knowing they are playing with Stat, Melo and ray, then the guys we have now.

Yes we need a backup pg, and more size. But those are fringe pieces concerning the pie. Get the big chunk first, proceed. Fill in the gaps after. Go Knicks

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
It's not a song and a dance but it is pennies on the dollar. My trade proposal is certainly better for Denver then losing Melo for nothing and it is certainly better than any team would be willing to give up in order to rent Melo for the rest of the year.

AR has potential, fits their system and is young/cheap.

Curry's has an expiring contract and provides cap relief while allowing the money to work for the trade. Remember , Denver does not want long contracts back so they are limited to taking back big expiring contracts. Hence they turned down Deng and they will turn down Iggy. What other team that Melo might sign with has an expiring deal to make the money work?

Bill Walker is a young cheap SG with hops and an upside.

1st rounder is great for a rebuilding team and Denver already expressed a desire for picks. You throw in some 2nd rounders and maybe 1 of TD, Moz or Williams and that trade is decent for Denver. Again, is it worth Melo? NOPE! But Denver will not get equivalent value back because they have ZERO LEVERAGE.

Looks like our offer of Curry, AR and the rest of the crap might not get Anthony

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...re_two_first_round_picks_in_three_team_trade/

This is why you have to put a viable offer forward!!! Everyone here is so smug about how we have Denver over a barrel and the truth is we didn't have SQUAT!! All you guys willing to part with Fields now?????

Red

TYPE-A
Looks like our offer of Curry, AR and the rest of the crap might not get Anthony

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...re_two_first_round_picks_in_three_team_trade/

This is why you have to put a viable offer forward!!! Everyone here is so smug about how we have Denver over a barrel and the truth is we didn't have SQUAT!! All you guys willing to part with Fields now?????

Well remember its not up to Den to accept this trade... of course they'll take 2 1st rnd picks + more for an expiring Melo, its NJ that won't do this unless he signs an extension and think about it...

If he joins NJ are they better than the team he's on now? I don't think so. And we just beat them so why would Melo
Want that? And again he stated his intentions. If he goes to Nj he'll be another of our victims and laughed at knowing he could be next to a perennial allstar.

Trill, nah I didn't see that post, but I thought we were discussing Melo here not him at the 4. We should worry about that AFTER we get him... by then it won't matter.

Some make good points about Melo 1st then enticing a Big to come on the cheap... I get that.

My point is simple: you explore every option then strike. Melo coming here is up to Den. But giving up on talent needlessly is dumb without making sure we can address our needs also.

Say for instance we can get a big for Curry only. You wouldn't do that, offer whatever to Den and feel fine waiting for the summer? That way we use Curry, uppgrade. Maybe get deep in the PO's, set a new standard... then add Melo and go for broke!

I'm saying we aren't as desperate as before. We can afford to wait for the best deal possible and maximize our assets, by weighing all our options. Patience. Currently, WE REALLY ARE ONE QUALITY BIG AWAY FROM F*CKING SOMEBODY UP IN THE PLAYOFFS. The trick is to get better and NOT f*ck that up.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What I don't understand is how the Nets could trade Terrence Williams for a 1st rounder when he's D-League bound and yet we need to trade Anthony Randolph to get a first rounder from an even better team...

iSaYughh

Starter
What I don't understand is how the Nets could trade Terrence Williams for a 1st rounder when he's D-League bound and yet we need to trade Anthony Randolph to get a first rounder from an even better team...

Williams going to D league has nothing to do with his actual play. And it was a fairly unprecedented move.

He's actually been superior to Randolph as an nba player to date and shown himself as a capable starter already, despite being less talented. Then again, who isn't less talented than Randolph. That's why I'd only trade or let go Randolph if its to directly get Melo or a premier piece for us.

But Williams' attitude adjustment is much more typical in the nba, and safer, than Randolph's, for a team to back on adjusting. And he still is highly skilled, so he's fetching a high price.