Melo wont sign Xtension! Bye-bye DEN - Hello MSG!

mafra

Legend
No need to trade Gallo or Randolph for Melo. Just sign him next summer. IF ANYTHING, we'll send Wilson Chandler plus a Walker or Douglas.

Let Felton and Amar'e settle in; let Randolph and Gallo develop.... Then sign Melo come July and the Knicks will be the better team come 2011.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
No need to trade Gallo or Randolph for Melo. Just sign him next summer. IF ANYTHING, we'll send Wilson Chandler plus a Walker or Douglas.

Let Felton and Amar'e settle in; let Randolph and Gallo develop.... Then sign Melo come July and the Knicks will be the better team come 2011.

I agree. Especially considering Denver's claim that they will not look to trade Melo then let's wait it out. BUT, and this is a big BUT, if the Nuggets look to trade Melo, we should at least entertain the idea.

mafra

Legend
I agree. Especially considering Denver's claim that they will not look to trade Melo then let's wait it out. BUT, and this is a big BUT, if the Nuggets look to trade Melo, we should at least entertain the idea.

Hear that. I do. I just wouldn't go all-in for Melo. No need to.

Personally, I would keep Randolph and Gallo. BUT, if we love Chandler and think he fits in well with Stat-Felton-Melo, then I would free up AR or DG.

This is the thing tho.... Why sell the farm for Melo when we can sign him?

They get one of the big-3 (Randolph, Gallo, Chandler), and 1 lesser prospect (Walker, Fields, Douglas).

I wouldn't get involved in a bidding war.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
i think melo wants to give george karl one more run before he makes his move to the mecca. this is karl's final season before he retires. melo's got absolute respect for george karl. melo's giving us leverage because he wants to play here after this season.

metrocard

Legend
I'd trade Gallo for Melo

Gallo is too inconsistent and I know he is young but Melo is a super star and now that we have Felton, Melo will beast.

Amare in the post, drawing defenders, kicks it out to Melo, Felton, Azabuke whoever....buckets all day.

Gallo can miss wide open shots, Melo hits them...consistently!

Thats the big difference. Gallo can turn into Dirk over night but if we have to trade so that Melo doesnt get traded somewhere, make a playoff run with another team and then falls in love with them, leaving NY to dry....we'd have to trade Gallo and keep Randolph

Felton
Azabuke
Melo
Amare
Randolph

would kill most teams...we can instantly be the 3rd best team in the east...better or tied with the Magic or Celtics.

With Gallo we are a 6th seed if everyone is healthy and plays at their highest levels. Odds are we finish 7th right in front of the Bobcats/Wizards.

Carmelo puts us a level above and guarantees a shot at the Eastern Conference Finals.

If you think Carmelo is a better spot up shooter than Gallo, then you totally failed this thread.
Carmelo is a gun slinger, a chucker and a slasher...he's not the shooter Gallo is and never will be.

K martin and jr smith are scrubs that talk to much, play to streaky, take bad shots, play weak defense. You would think with them being so concernerd with there image and trying to keep that bad ass persona they would play smarter! But they don't, they can't show up in the playoffs because there dumb asses. End of story dude!

A scrub is Jamison Brewer.

K Martin and Jr Smith are some of the most talented athletes you can find in the league who haven't reached full potential.

So you're mistaken.

Kenyon Martin is a GREAT defender, once again you're mistake.

The end of the story is you need to do a lot more research on your NBA players.

haha your a joke,melo is the easiest scorer in the league,he can put up 30 and you wouldnt even notice it,its just what he does best,put the ball in the bucket,now defensively he is average but he can beome better and lets not for get the one thing you need to win a championship that lebum didnt have........CLUTCH!!!

The only joke here is you. You failed 5 times to type a proper sentence.

Carmelo's scoring is inflated.
He plays in an overrated and failed system in Denver where they have the 3rd highest paced offense in the league in the last decade.

Anyone can become better at something if they work at it. Thank you mister obvious. Eddy Curry can have better conditioning and fitness if he worked out and stop eating unhealthy...it doesn't mean its going to happen.

Your argument is complete shit.

carmello is an upgrade that is needed... id like to see gallo get off with artest draped over him... the point is artest wouldnt draw that weak of an assignment...lmao..potential gets coaches and gms fired... how many more games do u think we would win if we swapped melo for gallo???? be realistic.. alot more.. we wouldnt be considered a 7 or 8 seed in the east anymore.. thats for sure....

no comment on the hop off the nuts comment cuz i know that wasnt directed at me.. lets keep it clean...

Wrong.

Gallo's development is the UPGRADE that is needed.

Gallo is already on our team, its a safer bet to develop him than stress out and put all our chips on Mello.

Carmelo is better than Gallinari, I never said that so you look like a ****ing moron when you come out with a comparision.

All I'm saying here is that we don't need Carmelo when we already have a position filled at SF with Gallo.

How can you be mad at a matured Gallo who averages 21 ppg, 6 rebounds 3 assist, a guy who hustles, plays with heart and a tough spirit, high IQ and is a pesky defender who takes pride in defense? I can't consider you a Knick fan if you see no vision in Gallo, one of our most prized prospects in recent memories.

moneyg

Starter
Gallo > Carmelo

We need a PG/SG upgrade.

DG8
AS1
AR4

is our frontcourt...lets mess that up.

i though u never said gallo was better than melo???

who tha idiot now....

furthermore we can keep gallo and still pick up melo next year... and gallo can come off the bench...

the only thing i wanna c is gallo Ded up and produce... 90% of his points are from outsid of 20ft with no defenders in sight...

oh yeah he has the POTENTIAL to be a VERY GOOD PLAYER.... not a GREAT PLAYER...

key word is POTENTIAL... look it up if you dont know what i means

CLOWNS

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You so-called fans out there that would so easily toss Gallo aside have no vision and damn sure don't understand the potential he has..

Gallo is the rare 6'10" SF who can handle, is a pure shooter, is smart, has tenacity and he's young.

Melo is a great scorer, but his attitude is meh... and he doesn't pass. I really don't want him on the KNICKS!! He's a black ***king hole!

If we got Melo I honestly won't be as excited to watch Knick games.

I like Gallo. I think he can become a perrenial all-star. I also think he could emerge as our best player, as well as the guy that is the heart and soul of the Knicks.

I can't wait for him to prove the doubters wrong this season. I think he will come in a little lighter, looking more athletic (svelt even) and ready to go. Watch.. :peace:

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
A little something I posted in another thread in response to Real NY Baller on Gallo:

Bro, Nate is a role player.. He would not start on any good teams. There are easily 25 PG in the league that are better than him, so stop sucking him off.

And seriously, Gallo played last year like a young guy learning what he can do in the league. Last year was his "go out there and get a feel" season. D' Antoni did not take last year seriously dude and neither did Gallo because our roster was absolutely awful. Last year was a throw-away!

This year he will play consistently enough to carry the team on many nights for stretches. I think he can average 20ppg ,6rpg, 4ast easily in coach's system. Just wait. He might even emerge as a our best player. I'm not afraid to say this because I know what I'm looking at when I break down talent.. I would not be suprised if this came to pass.

Oh yeah.. and Bird ran around for his whole career looking flat-footed and slow. How'd his career turn out??

Gallo proved to me he has the desire to be considered among the best when he told coach he wanted to guard the other teams best during the second half of last year. The toe-to-toes he had with Melo and the Celts (in that game where he had 31) were just scratching the surface of what he has designs on being able to do. Gallo wants to be the man. I respect that and think it's possible for him if he keeps working hard, which he's not afraid to do.

Gallo is going to take it to another level this year!

Write it down. Take a picture... I don't give a ***K

I know I'm on Gallo's nuts.. But you can mark it down - this kid's gonna be good! :gony:

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
i though u never said gallo was better than melo???

who tha idiot now....

furthermore we can keep gallo and still pick up melo next year... and gallo can come off the bench...

the only thing i wanna c is gallo Ded up and produce... 90% of his points are from outsid of 20ft with no defenders in sight...

oh yeah he has the POTENTIAL to be a VERY GOOD PLAYER.... not a GREAT PLAYER...

key word is POTENTIAL... look it up if you dont know what i means

CLOWNS

You're the IDIOT.

Gallo is a better fit for our team.

Gallo has already proven he's a good player and he can become a very good player because he was the best player in Europe. Ginobili, Gasol and others who produce well in Europe @ a young age have had great NBA careers.

Yes, Gallo will be as good as Ginboili or Gasol...mark my words, hater.

You so-called fans out there that would so easily toss Gallo aside have no vision and damn sure don't understand the potential he has..

Gallo is the rare 6'10" SF who can handle, is a pure shooter, is smart, has tenacity and he's young.

Melo is a great scorer, but his attitude is meh... and he doesn't pass. I really don't want him on the KNICKS!! He's a black ***king hole!

If we got Melo I honestly won't be as excited to watch Knick games.

I like Gallo. I think he can become a perrenial all-star. I also think he could emerge as our best player, as well as the guy that is the heart and soul of the Knicks.

I can't wait for him to prove the doubters wrong this season. I think he will come in a little lighter, looking more athletic (svelt even) and ready to go. Watch.. :peace:

Finally, someone with some SENSE.

DEVELOP OUR PROSPECT who's a SF and extremely SKILLED, experienced and TALENTED.

Please find me a 21 year old with as much PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SUCCESS as Gallinari(he was pro since his early teens and been the best player on his team for most of his teenage life).

You can't.

Its ignorant as hell to give up Gallo's role as the starting SF for Carmelo. Thats not how you build a team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I say we give Gallo our shot, no doubt.

But you can't pass up Carmelo who's arguably the best slasher in the game today. Carmelo's also versatile; he could probably play SG if we wanted him to.

PG - Felton
SG - Carmelo
SF - Gallo
PF - Amar'e
C - Randolph

Typing that lineup out almost made me cum in my pants

elcol

Rotation player
I say we give Gallo our shot, no doubt.

But you can't pass up Carmelo who's arguably the best slasher in the game today. Carmelo's also versatile; he could probably play SG if we wanted him to.

PG - Felton
SG - Carmelo
SF - Gallo
PF - Amar'e
C - Randolph

Typing that lineup out almost made me cum in my pants

^ see whats wrong with that?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nothing. Getting Carmelo doesn't mean we're going to send Gallo off. Carmelo is so versatile he can be used in so many ways he can play SG, SF, and PF if we want him to.

Gallo on the other hand can only play SF and PF (I don't think he has the quickness to play SG) so we should leave him at SF

Amar'e can play C but is best suited at PF

Turiaf, Randolph - these guys are 7 footers who block shots, let's use them the way they should be used

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo is versatile, but I don't like him at the 2. I think he is a true SF and should play there.

This may sound weird but I wouldn't mind seeing Gallo at the 2, while letting Melo play the position he was born to dominate at. Gallo, is to me, a SG in a PF's body.

Also, I've seen enough of Gallo on defense to cautiously think he can guard 2's regularly. Coach might just be enough of a visionary to let Gallo play SG if we ever got Melo.

My lineup (sighs) w Melo :

PG - Felton
SG - Gallo
SF - Melo
PF - Amare
C - Turiaf (6' 10" actually)