Nate is a Celtic!

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee420
Why does everyone want mcgrady? We are out of the playoff race.. hes going to get hurt.. and he wont be here next season.

LOL, Come on man... Seriously?

dlee420

Banned
And your telling me we couldnt have packaged duhon/al/hughes in a deal for a pick to land us mcgrady ... please.. didnt have to be nate.. 1 of the 2 only true knicks on the team.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
That Celtic second rounder is going to be about #50. How many guys selected #50 even play one game in the NBA. Useless second rounder unless it's used as a bargaining chip for something else.

There are as many good players in the second round as there are busts in the first.

Just a short list:
DARIUS SONGALIA # 50
KYLE KORVER #51
COREY BREWER #51
GREG BUCKNER #53
RAMON SESSION #56
AMIR JOHNSON#56
MARCIN GORTAT #57
MANU GINOBILI #57

All those were drafted #50 or after.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
IMO if we get a second rounder we should draft a foreigner...like a European player. A lot of them aren't scouted too much to my belief, and some have been nice surprises (Ginobili, Gortat, Casspi, although he was taken late 1st round)...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Celtics 2nd is virtually useless and N8 is a better player than House. N8 had his faults but this was a useless trade.

I'm no fan of Nate personally, but I find it hard to believe that he was a big enough distraction in the locker room to make a trade this bad.

We'll find out in the ensuing weeks I suppose.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
We are going to get johnson and bosh.. this is not max.

uhm, Bosh's contract would definately be a max contract and Johnson's would be very close. We'd probably have to make the Mcgrady trade to get those two guys and still fill out a roster.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rumors now are House and Giddens for Nate.

That is a terrible trade. If no pick is included then this was a complete waste. Did we trade Darko for Cardinal in order to get Giddens? Yikes.

I'll wait until something is official. These rumors are getting out of hand.

dlee420

Banned
uhm, Bosh's contract would definately be a max contract and Johnson's would be very close. We'd probably have to make the Mcgrady trade to get those two guys and still fill out a roster.

ummm... well we didnt get the draft pick in the nate trade that houston wanted.. so basically we traded nate for EDDIE HOUSE.

skisloper

Starter
Rumors now are House and Giddens for Nate.

That is a terrible trade. If no pick is included then this was a complete waste. Did we trade Darko for Cardinal in order to get Giddens? Yikes.

I'll wait until something is official. These rumors are getting out of hand.[/quot

Hang On.....

Very possible that either House or Giddens will be used in the Houston or Chicago trade.....

We all Love Nate but Isiah, Brown and D'Antonio could not find a place for him that made sense.....telling the coach " **** You" is not cool.......

Nate can score but sucks at defense....Look at the game tonite and Harrington is a scoring machine who cannot play defense......Nate is just the same except his Charisma and size carry's him......BTW he did great commentary at the all star game..

this time tomorrow......we have 35 million to spend.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Like I said, Donnie Walsh is not even a GM. He's D'Antoni's puppet. D'Antoni didn't want Nate Robinson so Walsh trades him for nothing. SMH I would have liked the trade, had they gotten a first round pick, since the Knicks need a first round pick, but all he got us was Eddie Mouse and Gay R Dickens. Gay R Dickens might be good(no homo) but I doubt it, and Eddie Mouse is nowhere near as good as Nate.

GetRealistic

Starter
Like I said, Donnie Walsh is not even a GM. He's D'Antoni's puppet. D'Antoni didn't want Nate Robinson so Walsh trades him for nothing. SMH I would have liked the trade, had they gotten a first round pick, since the Knicks need a first round pick, but all he got us was Eddie Mouse and Gay R Dickens. Gay R Dickens might be good(no homo) but I doubt it, and Eddie Mouse is nowhere near as good as Nate.

You guys do realize that the trades the put on MSG aren't offical. They'll be a pick involved in the offical trade which happens tomorrow.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You guys do realize that the trades the put on MSG aren't offical. They'll be a pick involved in the offical trade which happens tomorrow.

Oh, I thought it was official, since the title of the thread said Nate is a Celtic. I take back what I said, then. I'll wait to find out the details.

Suss

Rookie
We need to collect these 2nd round picks in order to fill our roster.

If you are a guy in next year's draft with 2nd round talent, you are praying that the Knicks pick you. While on most teams you would have trouble making the team, with the Knicks you are guaranteed a roster spot.

Walsh may now be acquiring some players that he would consider resigning. We do need to fill out the roster after making a splash in the free agent market. Perhaps Cardinal and House are guys that we would resign for cheap.

Last edited:

the portable man

Benchwarmer
nate wins, add another loss for the knicks

they give away a scorer/one of best dribblers for a mere streaky shooter

worst trade in sports

nate deserves to be on a good team anyway, there's no excuse for him being benched last 3 seasons

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Nate robinson is a way better talent than the rumored stuff we are getting in return. Im pretty sure we could have done something better the only reason why we getting house cause he is a "system" player. I would really like to catch walsh and coach by themselves at night......