NBA managment complaining about players power over who they play for.

jzero29

Rotation player
Many NBA owner are complaining on how much influence the player has in who they play for. I say they are foolish. One yes When the owner lets it get to the end of a players contract, then of course, the player has the power. Heck denver could have raped any team if they traded him last year. The leverage was in there court, because anyone who got carmelo, would have had him for another year which equals time to convince him to stay.

They probably turned down better deals last year.

Second, the players are people, they deserve some control over their own destiny. Just the better the player the more likely you are to get your wish. like if canadian andy rautins demanded a trade to toronto, he'd have very little power...i mean so little they may just give it to him trade because who cares. But if carmelo wants a trade to NY then you have to bend. but dolan admittedly did the bending. sigh...but the players should be able to have a say.

clumsy

Rotation player
Great i've been waiting for this day in all sports. Players should have the decision of who they want to play for.

Better players should have preference because like any other job if you are super skilled in comparison to the talent pool, life works like that. If you aren't a great player hell life works like that too, it's harder to find a job and move around. I truly don't believe this will only benefit big markets because i'm sure there are some places players will just want to play.

Most playesr want to have fun and losing isn't fun, so they will move around to winning teams. Some people are underdogs too and will want to collude to turn around franchises. I think it would make sports more interesting.

clumsy

Rotation player
Man f a franchise tag, it makes the NBA less compelling to me. Especially if you are stuck with a 4th seed team. You are in hell till you finally get the right draft picks which could take 10+ years. I like what has transpired these past 2 season, with superstar players colluding.

Imagine if in 7-8 years. Lebron gets mad tight at the new generation of stars and brings all of this current generations all stars to the Cavaliers (or hell any other team) for one last run.

I might root against them, but it will be interesting watching their games.

clumsy

Rotation player
True but i think what the original poster is talking about is how, Players now handcuff the owners if they want to go somewhere else. Especially in a collusion like situation with Melo. I mean it was obvious that Melo wanted to go to NYC at the beginning of the season and he definitely screwed over the Nugs by saying he wouldn't resign anywhere else.

In my eyes that is called capitalism.