NBA Transactions Thread

mafra

Legend
Knicks trade Priggs to HOU (for 2 second rounders). Riley bests Jax again.

Jax turns Felton, TC, Shump, JR Smith, Priggs, Amar'e, JT into Calderon, Acy, Early & 2 second rounders for 2015?

Broadway

All Star
Pablo Prigoni Traded Alexy Schved a Knick

Please merge this thread with "NBA Transactions" thread

Will update immediately there with details.....Per Wojo of course

Broadway

All Star
He finally made a good trade which was extremely weak in the grand scheme of things. Teams with assets to offer pulled power moves drying up much of the free agent market. Many potential free agers moved teams and with those teams giving up assets to acquire them, that means those team will work to keep them there...

Just off the top guys who were traded-changed zip codes, who could have been more attractive heading into the summer

Dragic
Jackson
Afflalo
McDaniels
Kanter
Knight
Young

mafra

Legend
He finally made a good trade which was extremely weak in the grand scheme of things. Teams with assets to offer pulled power moves drying up much of the free agent market. Many potential free agers moved teams and with those teams giving up assets to acquire them, that means those team will work to keep them there...

Just off the top guys who were traded-changed zip codes, who could have been more attractive heading into the summer

Dragic
Jackson
Afflalo
McDaniels
Kanter
Knight
Young

Having cap space and draft picks means nothing if you don't draft well or if top free agents spurn your advances... even worse if you overpay to fallback on a last resort/plan C (Amar'e).

Phil had nothing to trade to PHO; probably b/c he sold on TC and SHUMP & JR too early.

Prepare for plenty of rejection this July. NYK will overpay to lure overrated Tobias Harris and decent-not-great Andre Drummond.

mafra

Legend
Dragic
Wade
Deng
Bosh
McRoberts

Why would a free agent come to NY? If MIA, ATL, or CLE have $$$?

Honest question to those who are applauding Riley, not meant to start argument at all: Why is 2 1st round picks and a bunch of players for Dragic, who would have been a free agent this summer anyway, a great move, while 2 1st round picks and a bunch of players for Melo and Biliups a few years ago a stupid move?

tiger0330

Legend
Divided opinion on the trade over there. One thing is they say Shved is trash, I guess DFish has a lab rat in Shved for the rest of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
Honest question to those who are applauding Riley, not meant to start argument at all: Why is 2 1st round picks and a bunch of players for Dragic, who would have been a free agent this summer anyway, a great move, while 2 1st round picks and a bunch of players for Melo and Biliups a few years ago a stupid move?
Just the fact that it's Pat Riley gives the deal credibility, he did seem to give up a lot of assets but Miami is one of the teams that Dragic blessed and trading for him gives Miami his bird rights so he can pay him more than anyone else this summer.

Broadway

All Star

Because Dragic mentioned 3 other teams he would play for, whereas Melo only wanted to play for us. Please don't beat me up for this logical reply. Hopefully this helps you to see the major difference

Broadway

All Star

Well I mean Phil tried or should I say Steve Mills tried but those picks have little value until some time passes. We needed picks for 2015 and 2016. I guess Phil is laying the groundwork for the next Pres/GM when his contract expires