New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith admits he?s had trouble adjusting to a team-first

Kiyaman

Legend
New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith admits that he?s had trouble adjusting to a team-first philosophy.
WOW! good sign or bad sign to start the season?

J.R. Smith?s biggest adjustment to the overhauled New York Knicks philosophy this offseason hasn?t been Phil Jackson?s implementation of the Triangle offense. It?s been first-year head coach Derek Fisher?s team-first mantra.

After years in the NBA as being a team?s streaky and high volume shooter, Smith admits that he?s finding trouble under a team-first mentality. Even more so than Jackson?s Triangle offense.

?Trying to think about the rest of the team over myself or my scoring is something that I never really had to do before,? Smith continued. ?I?ve always been in a situation to score, [now I'm] in position to take my time and let the game come and let my teammates succeed more than myself, I think that?s the ultimate win.?

?J.R. Smith is easily the best athlete on the team,? Jackson said. ?But J.R. has to learn the difference between a good shot and a bad shot. He has to trust that the triangle will create good shots and to avoid searching for his own shot.

?His defense also needs work because he tends to be a ball-watcher, and he?s late in chasing his man around screens when he should be tailgating him,? Jackson added. ?Defense is the key to any winning team, so Smith has to really work hard on his deficiencies in training camp.?

Phil Jackson short statement on JR revealed JR career in the NBA.
What do u think?
Should JR be the starter SG for the Knicks? I say yes.

tiger0330

Legend
JR looked like crap on Friday, couldn't hit anything. It didn't matter if he was 3 ft or 26 ft from the basket nothing was dropping.

Playtime and classes in Concepts of the Triangle Offense 101 are over. Time for him to get in gear and earn his paycheck.

DrB

Benchwarmer
It will be MAX PAIN this year from what I have seen so far

JR looked like crap on Friday, couldn't hit anything. It didn't matter if he was 3 ft or 26 ft from the basket nothing was dropping.

Playtime and classes in Concepts of the Triangle Offense 101 are over. Time for him to get in gear and earn his paycheck.[/QUOTE

Lets's be honest and say JR, Shumpert, and THJ all stunk on Friday with a 2/28 shooting performance. Next I can see from the SPIKE LEE one hour presentation that the TRIANGLE system goes against MELO'S iso crap and JR's pump and gun mentalties. Even Stat is trying to create of the dribble. DEPRESSING and while I will suffer through this year, next year there wll be no STAT, BARGNANI or JR. JR can be the MAYO of the RAPTORS for another team. Knicks will eat OUTLAWS 3 million contract but JR'S is 6 million and no one wants him.