new york knicks have a second surprise meeting with lebron!

mafra

Legend
Listen, heres my thinking. Thats BS. If the Knicks are 4th in the running then why in the world was there a meeting about contractual information face to face yesterday in the morning and why would the Knicks contingent(if its still the same contingent as it was) fly out to Ohio again for another meeting with LeBron and why would Mav be flying out to NY on Wednesday(if he still is with this meeting going on tonight). If LeBron had the Knicks in 4th and all these meetings are the Knicks doing, I dont know why LeBron would just go "Listen, if I leave Cleveland, it will be to go to either NJ or CHI, so just dont waste your time." LeBron obviously really, really likes the Knicks, IMO, and I would not be surprised if the Knicks have the best opportunity right now to land him if he leaves Cleveland. The fact that the Knicks are having a 3rd meeting with the LeBron camp, this being the 2nd meeting with LeBron there himself speaks to why these sources could just be people who have an agenda or just whatever or just they are wishfully thinking.

I concur. Plus the report that Lebron wont decide until Wed-Thur.

I can understand LJ's people appeasing NY by listening to their pitch yesterday now that they have Amar'e.... being nice.... hearing what sort of contract they have left to offer, and their vision of the team in 2010 if they max both STAT and LJ.

But to have another rushed meeting tonight, on July 4th?

LJ probably watched Amar'e at the Yank game, and CC called him.... He probably told his peeps to move fwd.... Hence the invite. Contract talks.

LJ has his NIKE camp in OHIO. Doesn't want to spoil it for the kids.

Carter probably has stuff to do with that camp Mon-Tue.... can't get away. Whatever. They also want to let Amar'e have his moment.... He'll fly to NY and finalize the deal.

Thursday morning. When deals can be announced.... Lebron will hold a press and tell the world he is moving to NEW YORK CITY to play for the Knicks!

soxxx

Rookie
He's going to New York!!! I knew all along he wanted to come here but was very hesitant because i'm not sure he was prepared to spend 6 years here and was worried the team didn't care much.

I also think this had to do with the fact that Bosh and Wade are apparently going to the Bulls. Joe Johnson Stayed home. He had basically 2 choices then at this point. Either the Cavaliers or the Knicks. Knicks with Amare and another player next year are a lot better than the Cavaliers current team. Add the fact money wise, its a no brainer. Go to NY and your going to be known World Wide.

So thank you Wade, Bosh, Johnson, and especially Amare. I mean honestly. Everything had to break down like it did in order for this to happen. All the pieces have fallen into place. Now lets hope we get this deal done!!

mafra

Legend
According to Alan Hahn(per his twitter), Donnie Walsh said there is no meeting tonight again with LeBron and its just misinformation.

This is the same ESPN that just announced tonight that the Knicks met with LJ's reps last night?

They have all these talking heads on reporting every tidbit they hear, and yet nobody knows about this second meeting until the next day?

So, tomorrow we'll hear about tonight's meeting?

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
According to Alan Hahn(per his twitter), Donnie Walsh said there is no meeting tonight again with LeBron and its just misinformation.

Just read Chad Ford's twitter, Donnie Walsh said theres no meeting with LeBron, unless someone is there right now without his knowledge. So maybe there is and Donnie just is late getting the memo, or his blackberry(assuming he has one) is late sending him notice, or Donnie is just deciding to pull a Brian Cashman now and is keeping everything close to his belt.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
This is the same ESPN that just announced tonight that the Knicks met with LJ's reps last night?

They have all these talking heads on reporting every tidbit they hear, and yet nobody knows about this second meeting until the next day?

So, tomorrow we'll hear about tonight's meeting?
There was a meeting with Knicks representatives yesterday morning with Leon Rose(LeBron's agent) and I would assume Maverick Carter without LeBron, which was first reported about earlier on this evening. Then reports started to come out that the Knicks had another meeting with LeBrons camp tonight and LeBron would be in attendance, but that has since been denied by Donnie Walsh.

mafra

Legend
This is perplexing to me:

"Walsh did confirm that the Knicks' sent assistant GM Glen Grunwald to Cleveland for a second meeting with LeBron's agent, Leon Rose, on Saturday. But he said the meeting was just to clarify the team's cap situation both this year and the next.

"We didn't get into it in our first meeting the way we wanted to," Walsh said. "We just wanted to make sure they had all the information."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5355108

HUH? I thought we had two years to prepare? What the helsinki do you mean you wanted to clarify something you din't fell you drilled home the first time?

WOW. I hope he's just finding an excuse to downplay the second meeting, not wanting to show his hand. Because, if this is true, that you were too busy showing LJ The Sopranos and all the money he'll make off the court, but let it slip by all the cap freedom we have? WHAT? I thought that's why we cleared the payroll.

This should have been the first point you focused on. We have cap room this year and flexibility next year. This is the most attractive part of our situation, no?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
wait...

Before everyone get's all excited, the 2nd meeting was requested by the Knicks, not LJ's camp. So in other words the Knicks probably know that they screwed up so bad in their first meeting with him and are now trying to repair it and tell them look we get stoudamire. I would feel a lot more confident if it was LJ's camp requesting the meeting.

Before everyone get's all excited, the 2nd meeting was requested by the Knicks, not LJ's camp. So in other words the Knicks probably know that they screwed up so bad in their first meeting with him and are now trying to repair it and tell them look we get stoudamire. I would feel a lot more confident if it was LJ's camp requesting the meeting.

I highly doubt that.
I think it's more likely that there was been a new development that the Knicks brass thought would sway him in his decision.

Paul1355

All Star
kicks are emerging as one of the new favorites for LeBron.. I'll believe it when I see it ;)
chris broussard even admitted that the Knicks are seriously in the LBJ race now....if Broussard can say that then i have to beleive it, this guy said there is a 0% chance he signs with teh Knicks...im glad he is being proven wrong:beer: