NEW YORK LANDS CURRY

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
This move could be a franchise saver or the worst move Isiah ever made. By the looks of things the Bulls traded him because Curry forced them too. (Which is good for us) If Curry plays like he did last year this could speed up our rebuilding by years and years. The Biggest part of the deal was we didnt give up Ariza or Lee and i think we didn't give Curry a big contract. All we gave up was Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney, lets face it Sweetney has been in the league for a few years now and hasn't shown any signs he could have been a dominant or franchise player. Curry could be a great player if he listens to LB and works on his D.

I think we have a nice group of young players: Curry, Ariza, Nate, Frye, Lee and QRICH. Eventually Frye and Curry could make a pretty could front court. There both close to 7 foot and if they play up to expectations than they should be a great tandem, especially when you throw Jerome James in the mix.

KNICK FANS WERE FINALLY STARTING TO SEE SOME HOPE.......which could all be crushed with a misbeat of the heart.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
JJtheKnick said:
this guy is a toss up we dont know what he is going to give us. when i see the knicks it looks like to me that they have no game plan. they just get people even if it doesnt fit there team.(this doesnt mean curry)

I agree 100%! It seems like Isiah just gets players with out any rhyme or reason! His moves do not reflect the Knicks needs. We need a force down low, someone who can rebound and block a shot or 2 and can get 10 - 12 points a game. What we got is an offensive minded big man who plays no D what so ever. AD is a plus, I have always like his defensive game since he was with Indiana, but he is at the end of his career, but at least he can contribute off the bench and his contract expires. We are probably the worst defensive team in the NBA! The only good news is that we didn't give Curry all that money and he has 1 year left on his contract. (if I understand the details correctly).

Trin_Starr

Starter
After reading thru several articles, the trade looks like

NY gets:
Curry
Davis
Chicago's 2007 1st rd draft pick

Chicago gets:
TT
Sweets
Jackson
NY's 2006 1st rd draft pick
NY's 2007 1st rd draft pick

NYtimes states that at first they were thinking of waiving AD, but the knicks have decided to keep him since he and brown developed a relationship in Indy over 4 seasons...

I personally hope they keep AD - he's a great presence in the locker room and still has toughness in him that the knicks lack.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
We have to now find a way to get rid of Mo Taylor & Malik Rose. Those two won't get a lot of minutes and they will be a financial drain. I really can't think of anyone, that would be readily available to the Knicks for either guy or the tandem. The Knicks are said to be releasind Antonio Davis after the trade, so his expiring contract won't be ours for long.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
This is an excellent trade. With the acquisitions that Miami has made we needed some bulk in our front court. Hopefully he'll be a able to play. If not we didn't give up anything. TT was in his last year here. And Sweetney is just a twinky in uniform. Miami has Shaq, Mourning, Hasslem and Walker. We have Curry, James, Frye, Thomas. Not to shabby. We needed some bodies down there. We have them and they are young and should use that to their advantage.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
This is an excellent trade. With the acquisitions that Miami has made we needed some bulk in our front court. Hopefully he'll be a able to play. If not we didn't give up anything. TT was in his last year here. And Sweetney is just a twinky in uniform. Miami has Shaq, Mourning, Hasslem and Walker. We have Curry, James, Frye, Thomas. Not to shabby. We needed some bodies down there. We have them and they are young and should use that to their advantage.

we dont have thomas anymore. and jerome james isn't young.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i really hope we keep davis. i'd rather have him start at the 4 than rose or mo taylor. we need some rebounding now that curry is our center. curry is great offensive weapon but does not grab enough rebounds. rose & taylor don't fulfill that need either. davis would be a great fit as our PF.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
dr.carpy said:
We have to now find a way to get rid of Mo Taylor & Malik Rose. Those two won't get a lot of minutes and they will be a financial drain. I really can't think of anyone, that would be readily available to the Knicks for either guy or the tandem. The Knicks are said to be releasind Antonio Davis after the trade, so his expiring contract won't be ours for long.

itsfunny that we have to try to get rid of players that we JUST got last year....so i have to ask the question, why did we get rose and taylor in the first place? what was isiah smoking?

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't know what Isiah has been smoking, but I sure wish he'd send me some!!! Most probably some BC Chronic.

I like this trade very much and believe Larry Brown will be able to get Curry's attention on defense and the boards.

Someone is asking how this deal affects us capwise? Who cares, we were screwed with the cap anyways. Trades like this were the only way to go if we ever wanted to contend again.

Now all we need is for Isiah to get KG or Gasol at the 4spot and we would be almost unstoppable.

Question is, who's gonna start at the 3spot? Ariza, Lee or QRich?

As far as Tiny Tim goes, he had his chances and just didn't show up.

Did Jerome James present himself two months ago as the Knicks new starting center? He must be tripping now...hope he pushes Curry big time.

Thank God training camps have arrived...I was starting to feel cold turkey.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Now for the draft pick situation...Here's an easy breakdown of it...

Chicago recieves- New Yorks regular 2007 & 2009 2nd round pick

Chicago recieves-
scenario 1) Chicago RECEIVES New Yorks 2006 first round draft pick AND the Knicks receive San Antonios 1st rounder.

scenario 2)Utah RECEIVES NY's 1st rounder, and Chicago RECIEVES San Antonios.

scenario 3)New York RECEIVES both and Chicago & Utah get NOTHING.

Utah can get our first rounder if we place 26-30. We get San Antonios if they place 11-30.

ALSO-- NY and Chicago will swap first round draft picks in 2007 if Utah doesnt get Knicks 1st rounder..Utah gets knicks first rounder if the Knicks place 25-30.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
anyone can make these deals that isiah makes if they are the gm of a team where the owner doesnt care how much he has to pay the players...he just wants to win...

let me be the gm of a team like yankees or the knicks with an unlimited payroll...and ill take multi million dollar gambles on guys like curry too.

isiah is not a good gm. he IS a great scout and talent evaluator, as shown by his draft picks. he almost always get suckered.

when i said what is he smoking...it was inreference to how he JUST acquired ROSE AND TAYLOR and now fans are talking about how we can get rid of them...

u people who praise isiah for getting curry are crazy...its not isiah...its the fact that the knicks can afford to take these types of gambles that many other teams are not willing to make because they are in a small market and just cant create enough revenues or have stingy owners

being a good gm is being like billy beane in oakland...he took the athletics team with one of the smallest payrolls in mlb to excellence...the knicks have the highest payroll by far in the league and are still at beast an average team...

get off isiahs dick please

NYKnicks15

Starter
first off billy beane is a fake, where are the A's in teh playoffs this year? how many championships have they won? sure he plays money ball but if its not winning u anything its pointless.

you are correct isiah does have an unlimited payroll so to speak and he has made a few bad choices. but he also has to find people who want the scrubs we offered. im gonna re open the Isiah topic and well move this to there...no more isiah talk in the curry thread thank you :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
CURRY DEAL ANNOUNCED​
currysweetney.jpg

The deal has been officially announced by the Knicks. Isiah spoke from a press conference today & Larry Brown spoke from Training Camp...​