No carmelo sunday / Baron Returning soon

KingofNy

Starter
Is anyone pissed off at Melo right now? He can't come back Sunday vs. Dallas when we need him? He can't even shoot around at a Saturday shootaround or play in tomorrow's game against Dallas but he can play the very next night vs. a crappy NJ team? I call bullsh*t!

Melo is sitting out because he doesn't want to be blamed for a loss against Dallas. He did the same sh*t earlier in the year. Total BS. Melo should be playing and he's soft for not coming back. You can't tell me Melo is too hurt to play on Sunday but he's ready to play 35 minutes on Monday, less than 20 hours later. That's a bitch move Melo!

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
how quickly we forget melo playing hurt and potentially losing games shooting under 40%

he can get comfortable against the nets.....theres no room for error tomorrow.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
how quickly we forget melo playing hurt and potentially losing games shooting under 40%

he can get comfortable against the nets.....theres no room for error tomorrow.

True.. i rather him playing 100% vs nets than 70% vs mavs...

all we need is as long as JR isnt playing, that Walker and Novak nail their shots and we'll be fine.

KingofNy

Starter
True.. i rather him playing 100% vs nets than 70% vs mavs...

all we need is as long as JR isnt playing, that Walker and Novak nail their shots and we'll be fine.

Those are big if's... and how does Melo's injury status improve 30% in 20 hours? Just asking? imo If we were playing NJ tomorrow, he'd be back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Is anyone pissed off at Melo right now? He can't come back Sunday vs. Dallas when we need him? He can't even shoot around at a Saturday shootaround or play in tomorrow's game against Dallas but he can play the very next night vs. a crappy NJ team? I call bullsh*t!

Melo is sitting out because he doesn't want to be blamed for a loss against Dallas. He did the same sh*t earlier in the year. Total BS. Melo should be playing and he's soft for not coming back. You can't tell me Melo is too hurt to play on Sunday but he's ready to play 35 minutes on Monday, less than 20 hours later. That's a bitch move Melo!

exactly, everytime i hear about these soft injuries i get pissed because in my head i just say "michael wouldve played".

smokes

Huge Member
How do you know he's not coming back early to play the Nets? Melo relishes playing the Nets I feel, there's something personal there after they were trying to pry him away from us.

KingofNy

Starter
How do you know he's not coming back early to play the Nets? Melo relishes playing the Nets I feel, there's something personal there after they were trying to pry him away from us.

He is coming back Monday against the Nets from what I've heard. That's why it doesn't make sense that he comes back Monday but can't play Sunday.

Paul1355

All Star
we need atleast Jr Smith against the Mavs but maybe a loss to the Hornets will make us play smarter and hit some shots in this one.

We could have easily beaten the Hornets. If Bellinelli didnt hit a running three off the back board, if Novak hit half of his 3's (2 for 10), if Amare actually played some defense on Ayon, if Walker wasn't useless again, if we didn't make so many bonehead turnovers...we could have blown this team out.

Atleast we are consistently holding teams to under 100 ppg

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
He is coming back Monday against the Nets from what I've heard. That's why it doesn't make sense that he comes back Monday but can't play Sunday.

he meant he could be coming back before hes 100% because its the nets....what if hes 70% tomorrow and 85% monday? god i miss carlos beltran.

Paul1355

All Star
he meant he could be coming back before hes 100% because its the nets....what if hes 70% tomorrow and 85% monday? god i miss carlos beltran.

Didnt melo pull this same stunt before he started taking games off from his hand injury????

He played against the bobcats and other bad teams, then sits out against the good teams and says he needs to take time off to heal....now he is going to sit against the Mavs and play against the Nets.

It's like he waits untill the day when they play a beatable team so he doesn't get criticized in case he plays poorly.

smokes

Huge Member
Didnt melo pull this same stunt before he started taking games off from his hand injury????

He played against the bobcats and other bad teams, then sits out against the good teams and says he needs to take time off to heal....now he is going to sit against the Mavs and play against the Nets.

It's like he waits untill the day when they play a beatable team so he doesn't get criticized in case he plays poorly.

Or it's like against good teams he's going to have to put in a hard game which is riskier when you have injuries... When you play against poorer teams you don't have to push as hard and can get the benefits of playing with less risk.

KingofNy

Starter

That's exactly what I was talking about. If he didn't already do this once already than I wouldn't question him so much. But, after all the negative media attention coming his way lately claiming he doesn't fit here, I'm sure he doesn't want to come back and play his first game against a good team so if we lose, it isn't his fault. That's why he wants to play against NJ Monday and not Dallas 20 hours earlier.

Don't take my comments as I don't like Melo because I do like him. I just don't agree with the games he chooses to take off and I sometimes wonder if he puts himself over the team.

Paul1355

All Star
Did Melo decide not to play or did the team doctor tell him not to?

you think one day makes a big difference?

He is going to play a day later then it was most likely up to Melo. Groin injuries are tough, we all get that, but the team needs you in a big game and your still sitting on the bench in street clothes but playing a day later against a bad team.

I really think he just wants to have an easy game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
At the end of the day him playing hurt wasn't helping us, not to mention the Dallas game is an early game so everything(shoot around, treatment and the game-time) is moved

I much rather have him play against New Jersey, get his legs back, find his spots, rather than 1 game against a weak but dangerous team.

Its not like we're playing Bulls/Heat/Thunder/Clippers and he says I'll wait til after those 4 games and play against the Wizards/Nets/Bobcats/Pistons

Let that man heal