Obi Dunkkin - All-Star Contest

He came close last year. Hopefully he can win this year.

Obi hangs in the air forever on some of those alley oops.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He came close last year. Hopefully he can win this year.

Obi hangs in the air forever on some of those alley oops.
I actually forgot he was in it before. The last couple or so dunk contests weren't good if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Cavs Big 3 at All-STAR weekend in Cleveland ..
Jarrett Allan & Garland & Rookie Mobley (maybe ROY)
The TRIO dynamic same-page performance has the Cavs as a 4th seeded East team at all-star break.

During the offseason when GS Curry said "the Cavs guard Garland are going to have a All-Star season".
The truth was said! Garland been having a win win performance (35-23) !!!

Broadway

All Star
Whew that was one of the worst Slam Dunk competitions ever

Congrats for Obi, but I?m filing this away as forever forgettable

Knicks do have a tradition of Winners in the competition tho

Kiyaman

Legend
Obi had NO competition in the Dunk contest. especially when Obi could've did a layup on his last DUNK to win .. WIN WIN Obi Toppin !!!

We as fans are spoiled by the athleticism in the NBA. Those 4 dunks Obi did were ridiculous. Even the announcers were unimpressed when they first saw each dunk, because of how easy he made the hang time look, and then on the replays realized how crazy those dunks were

Kiyaman

Legend
He'll get more minutes tonight than he has in any game all season.

And that's been the BIGGEST problem within Thibs substitution the last two seasons.
Thibs does not like coaching more than 7 or 8 players per game in the regular season games.
And that's not healthy for a team.
Randle receiving 40 or more minute of playing time per game going on 3 seasons in a row.
Are the Knicks rotation and Obi Toppin that BAD where the Knicks has to have Randle on the court 40 minute every game? Performing as a turn-over point-forward on offense SMH

jimkcchief88

All Star
Whew that was one of the worst Slam Dunk competitions ever

Congrats for Obi, but I?m filing this away as forever forgettable

Knicks do have a tradition of Winners in the competition tho

Seriously congratulations to OBi but that was the worst dunk contest in recent memories. They need to change the format and get more guys in there. And legit dunkers not these end of the bench nobodies we?ve never heard of. Vince Carter could have come out of the stands with wingtips on and won that in his 40?s????

Seriously congratulations to OBi but that was the worst dunk contest in recent memories. They need to change the format and get more guys in there. And legit dunkers not these end of the bench nobodies we?ve never heard of. Vince Carter could have come out of the stands with wingtips on and won that in his 40?s????

Vince Carter is about as good as it gets as far as the slam dunk contest. I still stand by that Obi?s dunks were impressive, he just makes it look easy. Not his fault that his competition was weak.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I thought Gary Payton II would have been in it, but JTA of the Warriors was in it instead. I don't know if Payton was offered and he declined though.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Carter now would have been better and probably would have made his dunks on the first tries.