Official Free Agency Thread

They are all good players and it's perfect forms young team like Minnesota that needs veteran leadership and players that wouldn't come here if thibs wasn't there. T wolves are poised to make that breakthrough jump like the jazz did last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was a bad thing. In 1 year, Thibs has totally transformed that franchise.

paris401

Starter
that's weird, because i could've sworn i saw a headline yesterday that said the knicks had reached out to holiday expressing interest. i guess maybe it was a bogus headline?

it was probably isola (the DICK) quoting from wendy willams again....

Sacramento offered Otto Porter a max contract so either Washington is going to match or he is going to the Kings. No longer an option for us.

Broadway

All Star
23 mil a year is a cold market? He signed the one year deal because the new CBA kicks in and i think next year he can make more money...many players are doing this with one year deals etc. Even if JJ redick does not benefit from new CBA, he just doubled his salary and joined a team that is ready to take it to next level. 76ers are loaded with talent they just need to stay healthy for one season and everyone will see how deep of a team they are.

Agreed, Redick did very well for himself. He almost gave Brooklyn a shot because he's got sticks there but Philly is attractive

Broadway

All Star
Sacramento offered Otto Porter a max contract so either Washington is going to match or he is going to the Kings. No longer an option for us.

He never was an option nor was KCP(who I wanted). We had a twinkle of chance had we moved a body, such as Lee to create more cap space. I was counting on cap being hire and us moving someone.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks say they don't want long term contracts and are looking for young talent but then let this happen

Hey, who has time to lock up young guys on the cheap when you're too busy laughing at Melo workout videos.

Is Phil gone or not?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So the Knicks haven't signed anyone yet...that's good news Let's be honest guys no matter who they sign we're not good enough to beat the Cavaliers or Celtics or Warriors and won't be good enough for at least another 3-4 years. Best option right now is to bring in an over-the-hill veteran PG who can mentor Frank Nitty and then just try our hardest to tank as hard as possible. If Steve Mills and Hornacek can mentor and further develop young players like KP/Willy/Frank and draft another decent player in next year's draft, then we'll have a good core that might be ready to compete in 3 years when the contracts of Noah/Lee/Thomas expire. Also Carmelo has two years left on his deal and the last one is a player option so he *could* technically just endure the season with the Knicks and then opt-out the year after that and sign with Cleveland or wherever If we signed a PG like Teague or somebody like that, it'd put us in our usual mediocrity hell again - we'd be good enough to compete for a playoff spot but not good enough to actually win anything, so we get a bad draft pick and stay terrible until KP bolts for a team that can actually win

and1

Rotation player
Knicks say they don't want long term contracts and are looking for young talent but then let this happen

Hey, who has time to lock up young guys on the cheap when you're too busy laughing at Melo workout videos.

Is Phil gone or not?

blah, that kinda sucks. definitely zero chance of landing jrue now, unless he's already signed with someone and i didn't see it. wondering if they're just thinking of filling his spot with dotson.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
blah, that kinda sucks. definitely zero chance of landing jrue now, unless he's already signed with someone and i didn't see it. wondering if they're just thinking of filling his spot with dotson.
He signed with the Pelicans.

Paul1355

All Star

Is Phil gone or not?

Damn that's a steak for holiday we could have easily matched that

tiger0330

Legend
Damn that's a steak for holiday we could have easily matched that

I wonder what the take of any FA is when they see something like this. Holiday was one of the better players for the Knicks while he was here and you choose not to re-sign him for a reasonable deal, if I'm a FA the Knicks aren't the team for me.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I wonder what the take of any FA is when they see something like this. Holiday was one of the better players for the Knicks while he was here and you choose not to re-sign him for a reasonable deal, if I'm a FA the Knicks aren't the team for me.

I think they want that guy Alan Williams from the suns or Otto porter and they will offer as much as they can.

Also rumor is they want to do sign and trade with rose to bucks

Broadway

All Star
I think they want that guy Alan Williams from the suns or Otto porter and they will offer as much as they can.

Also rumor is they want to do sign and trade with rose to bucks

Otto Porter has already been offered max by Kings...Wiz will match soon enough

Paul1355

All Star
Otto Porter has already been offered max by Kings...Wiz will match soon enough

True I just think unless Washington can't financially then Melo would be out of possibility...but now that he only wants Houston or Cleveland..

Issue is we can get more back if we go a 3 way deal sending Melo to cavs, love to a team with assets and we get pick or young players...but we can't allow him to destroy us and win the east every year..send him to the west so we rarely play against him