Official Landry Fields Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Summer league or no, it has to be said. Fields is versatile and aggressive. Both he and Douglas have been the shining lights on a poor Knick SL team. He looks strong and can handle the ball in any location on the floor.

He has 36 incher as well. Vert, I mean.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Summer league or no, it has to be said. Fields is versatile and aggressive. Both he and Douglas have been the shining lights on a poor Knick SL team. He looks strong and can handle the ball in any location on the floor.

Lol, nice one.

His vert is actually 39 tho. Dude can leap.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Based on summer league, my opinion:

Fields is better then chandler in these aspects:

- More aggressive
- Better hustler
- Better Slasher
- Knows how to put the ball on the floor
- Better finisher
- Gets to the free throw line

Fields is worse the chandler in these aspects:

- Not a lock down defender, his blocks come from cherry picking from behind instead of one on one; chandler is a better perimeter defender
- Needs to improve his ball handling, there a couple of times he lost his dribble; although, chandler isn't much better

Of course, come season time it can be a completely different story. Again, this is based off of Summer League.

I like him =).

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I've seen every game so far. Fields has definitely shown he can play in the summer league. He's aggressive, quick and has a decent shot. Having someone like him coming off the bench would be a huge plus. Very nice pick up in the draft.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i must say im impressed i was one of those fans who shouted WTF?! when his name was called on draft night i knew nothing about him and no very little still. but watching the summer league games this guy can simply score! dont see why he cant contribute off the bench. he has a strong offensive game and knows more then one way to score he can slash, shoot, squeeze down low for the lay in he has a full arsenal so far, im impressed

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He kind of reminds me of Paul Pierce, a broke man's version of course. He can do alot of different things. Might be a little better of an athlete than Pierce was at his age though.

KingCharles34

All Star

Are you talkin about the Big Cock or are you still talkin about Fields?

And just outta curiousity, is Fields white? Its rare to see white players with swag in their game but he seems to have some. His light complexion has me perplexed, I cant figure out this guys pigment.....(no 'cism)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno.

Although, looking at Fields' resume, he was a late bloomer. Didn't really do much his first three years of college, but man his senior season he exploded.

He's also All-Academic First Team Pac-10 so he's pretty smart too. Hopefully he brings a good Basketball IQ to the table.

Frankly B-Ball IQ is Chandler's weak spot and if we can pick up a smarter player then I'm all for it.

I do have to say Walsh may have proved me wrong...I mean, it's still Summer League but if this kid ends up being a baller, then we're in great shape. It also puts Weedson Chandler on the trading block

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah maybe it's insurance cause Walsh has a trade in the works for Chandler.

Maybe Tony Parker? Maybe Darren Collison/Emeka Okafor?

We'll see.
I think the plan is Melo....

We got Felton for a reason, prob because Parker and Collison are no sure bets to go anywhere were Melo looks like he might bolt and wants to play in NY

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Fields has great potential

His best comparison in the NBA is one of our own beloved players, Wilson Chandler. Fields has a great upside that many other second rounders don't really possess and that's understanding the game. He along with Rautins when you watch them play, look very tuned into the game. And by that with his relentless effort and basketball IQ he has high potential. Back to the comparison to Chandler, I think Fields was better than Chandler when he was a rookie. Overall Fields has better fundamentals and seems like an all around player. Fields seems more outgoing and more active on the court which gives him even more opportunities to create. While Chandler seems more quiet and more passive on the court which decreases his opportunities. At the other end, Chandler's defense is better because it seems like he has more of a interest in that department.

But at the end of the day, I like both players and they both have an upside. They're great prospects for years to come and I wish one if not both can become a potential all star.
-First Post

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
fields-ladder2.jpg
Fields finished up his run in Las Vegas with his fifth double-digit scoring game. He ended with averages of 15.6 points and 4.8 rebounds and was one of the revelations of Summer League. I leave Vegas impressed by Fields' nose for the ball. His ability to do the dirty work could earn the second-round pick out of Stanford playing time in New York.
-- July 17, 9:25 p.m. PT

He's been brilliant. Hustle comes naturally to this kid.

I have to confess. I was livid with his signing! My own words taste wonderful!

We can kiss him goodbye. He definately boosts our chances at Melo. Den is going to go young. Billups goin too. They are gonna give Karl a fast athletic young team to mold. chandler and fields fit his type of players, and they wont make tons of money. And they are coachable. Thanks for Melo guys!