Official Randolph is Traded Thread

metrocard

Legend
Mobley doesn't need to average 20 points in this offense. 14 ppg is more than adequate.
in 04-05...Mobley averaged 17.8 on 44% 3pt shooting, almost 4 rebs and 4 assist plus good defense. That season alone tops Jamal's prime.
Crawford has more pathetic offense numbers than Mobley.
Mobley is a career 38% 3pt shooter, Crawford stays at the 33% 3pt range.

Mobley is a STRONG physical guard that plays D and can hit shots, total opposite of Crawford.

Scoring in D'Antoni offense is simple and not as complex compares to a stagnant Spurs offense.

Mobley will be fine and be more professional and a better asset to the team on the COURT.

Crawford plays like a wreckless frail child.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Mobley doesn't need to average 20 points in this offense. 14 ppg is more than adequate.
in 04-05...Mobley averaged 17.8 on 44% 3pt shooting, almost 4 rebs and 4 assist plus good defense. That season alone tops Jamal's prime.

Mobley is a STRONG physical guard that plays D and can hit shots, total opposite of Crawford.

Scoring in D'Antoni offense is simple and not as complex compares to a stagnant Spurs offense.

Mobley will be fine and be more professional and a better asset to the team on the COURT.

Look, it's obvious that Walsh is looking to dump as many contracts as possible. Any move that is made this year and next will be to free up as much money as he can. Mobley is a better defender than JC but no where near his offensive skill level. But let's be frank here, Mobely and Tim Thomas was not brought here because Walsh and Mike D truly believe it is an upgrade and betters the teams skill level, they are here because the Knicks want to make runs at players in 2010. To be honest I am totally surprised by the structures of these trades!! GS trades a big for a shooting guard?!?! I thought it made more sense for them to get Curry instead. My money was on Curry and Nate for Al but Don Nelson does march to a different beat. I am also surprised that the Knicks didn't keep JC and push the Curry deal. At least with JC here, the Knicks can score and stay somewhat competitive. Not that they are going to beat any decent team now that their top rebounder is gone. Marbury is not staying on the Knicks, so to debate this is fruitless! He will be either waived or traded; my guess is Walsh will hold out on waiving Marbury as long as possible to see if they can get Marion. The Heat right now is biding their time because they think the Knicks will buy him out but with JC being shipped out, and Marbury now suiting up, that might force the Heats hand a little.
Also, does anyone here really believe that LaBron is going to leave the Cavs?? Really, is anyone here that disillusioned?? Walsh is not gearing up to sign LaBron, he is freeing up money to go after Bosh and/or Amare.
Don't be surprised if the Knicks pull off another deal that ships Curry out and they attatch Lee to it. There is no way Walsh will give Lee what his agent is asking for so now that Randolph is gone, look for them to showcase Lee, build up his stats and ship him out with Curry.
This season and next will be painful to watch with the only relief in that we will be a top shopper in 2010.

Here's my perdictions and in 2010, you can look back and see how right on I was.

Mobley and Thomas will not be resigned
Curry and Lee or Nate packaged together and traded
Marbury either traded for Marion, Shaq (1 year left on his tired old body) or waived by the deadline
Maybe a Curry, Rose, Lee package for Marion (I know mike D wants Marion).

Knicks use both picks to draft guards (unless picks are traded)
No big signing at all.

Again, Knicks will look to the draft for either a guard or SF
LaBron resignes with the Cavs
Knicks sign Bosh and/or Amare as their starting 4/5
Chandler at the 2 if the Knicks get Marion or 3 if not
Duhon (if he continues to play decent)
If Chandler is at the 3 look for the Knicks to either draft a 2 or sign serviceable 2 guard.
Nate will not be on this team in 2010.

Knicks go after Carmelo Anthony unless they get Marion this season and resign him; Anthony will not stay in Denver!!!

Paul1355

All Star

I haven't watched Mobley play so i can't make a strong arguement on this but i HOPE your right about this guy because his numbers dont impress and his age makes me worry about his stamina in this system. I hope his better field goal percentage can be put the to the test because he will get the most shot attempts he has ever gotten in one season.