Official Stephon Marbury To Celtics (His video to NY fans)

KBlack25

Starter
There is NO way...I repeat ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Stephon Marbury wins the starting job from Rajon Rondo. Rondo has played exceptionally well this year, he's coming into his own and the team around him likes him. Making Marbury the starter will diminish Rondo's confidence. Fact is Rondo was the starting point guard on the NBA Champions last year, he is in the Celtics' plans for a long time to come. Unless Doc Rivers has an IQ under 50, he will understand that putting a rent-a-player in place in lieu of your long term plans at starting PG hurts the team and hurts Rondo a lot. Why stymie his growth and development, we could be talking about Rondo being an ELITE PG in the next few years....Steph plays the Sam Cassell/Eddie House role, period.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Whatever its not even that big of a deal. Hes not even that good. He has averaged like 15 and 5 the last couple seasons. You all by being pissed are feeling the way he wants you to feel. He will not win the championship this year with Boston. It gives everyone more incentive to root for the lakers i guess.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I really liked the vid until he took of his shirt. Dude has no class.

Co-sign. I liked Marbury until that point. Its a video to Knick fans, why the hell would you go rub it in our faces. You talked about us showing you nothing but love, then you do that? Come on. Not a professional move at all. Save that shit for when you talk to Celtic fans. You are addressing Knick fans, not Celtic fans. Make a video addressing Celtic fans and do that. I hope LeBron murks your team in the Conference Championship. If that doesn't happen, i hope Kobe murks you in the finals.

And MSG33, you think we should retire Marbury's jersey? I hope you were joking or high when you typed that. If anyone deserver to have the #3 up in the rafters of MSG, it should be John Starks.

Akamu

The King
I posted the video and expected at least half decent comments. (from haterburys)

Stehpon is no longer a Knick, you haterburys got what you wanted and for the most part can't even be humble about Stephon Starburys departure from the Knicks, that's terrible.

He wasn't rubbing anything in the fans faces, listen to what he stated, he was "excited" about the opportunity, and you can't blame him he's been in the league 12+ years now without having a real chance to get to the ultimate goal.

"I really liked Steph until........"
..............You guys need to learn how to analyze things better cause your assumptions make you look weak.

smokes

Huge Member
I thought it was a pretty classy goodbye really, minus the taking off the shirt thing with a big smile on his face. I dunno I guess it depends how you percieve things but to me it's not the classy way of announcing your new team.

Bye Steph and good luck!

Akamu

The King
Steph gave the NY fans the first official "I'm a Boston Celtic" before the media officially knew.

It's like your best friend telling you goodbye and thanking you, giving you insight to what he's going on to do next before he tells others. His happily expressive emotion just shows how passionate he is about the game, I'm 100% sure he would be crying if he were in front of a new york crowd saying all that.

....But his image was damaged in NY much so by who else? the media, so the video was the most proper idea for this situation.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York fans are making themselves look bad...Boston fans showed alotta support for Stabury, they realize that he was made the scapegoat here in New York. Their broadcaster even said that during the game. Lets show some class New York fans, instead of actin like children. We're the best fans in the world and lets keep it that way.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
only more a reason to think of how worthless Marbury was to us..he's a good guy, worthless and in the end more hurt then good of a pic by issaih ...thank the lord Donnie has righted the wrong

Paul1355

All Star

i respect stephon and HATE that he's a Celtic but that was the one team that really wanted him and you can only blame Dolan and Walsh for how bad they handled the Stephon situation.

Benching Steph to buy him out was a horrible move....20 million for absolutely nothing. And 20 million to see our rival play better.

quiggle

Starter
Celtics fans are just trying to put on an act that they love Marbury more than Knicks fan did, Boston vs. New York rivarly

just look at how crappy they treated Johnny Damon when he signed with Yankees, guy brought them a title and they booed the ish out of him first game back at Fenway so talk about the kettle calling pot black

King Ewing

Banned
"Its been a great time here" a great time? F*ck you Steph, its been hell here the last 5 years. Thanks for stealing Dolan's money, you're a loser and always will be a loser. ZERO playoff series wins in his CAREER. ZERO playoff wins with the Knicks.

Thanks Steph, you were horrible to watch and listen to.

Paul1355

All Star
"Its been a great time here" a great time? F*ck you Steph, its been hell here the last 5 years. Thanks for stealing Dolan's money, you're a loser and always will be a loser. ZERO playoff series wins in his CAREER. ZERO playoff wins with the Knicks.

Thanks Steph, you were horrible to watch and listen to.

So was his enemy Isiah Thomas

metrocard

Legend
There is NO way...I repeat ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Stephon Marbury wins the starting job from Rajon Rondo. Rondo has played exceptionally well this year, he's coming into his own and the team around him likes him. Making Marbury the starter will diminish Rondo's confidence. Fact is Rondo was the starting point guard on the NBA Champions last year, he is in the Celtics' plans for a long time to come. Unless Doc Rivers has an IQ under 50, he will understand that putting a rent-a-player in place in lieu of your long term plans at starting PG hurts the team and hurts Rondo a lot. Why stymie his growth and development, we could be talking about Rondo being an ELITE PG in the next few years....Steph plays the Sam Cassell/Eddie House role, period.

Rando will never be an elite PG because of his shooting mechanics, they're worst amongst starting PG's.

Marbury is better than Rando, don't fool yourself.
Rando's confidence isn't that important.